cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new initiative for users to interact with eBay India Management – the eBay India Open House.

Staff from the eBay India Management Team will be available on the Discussion Boards at pre – defined times, to answer any questions you might have regarding buying and selling on eBay India.

The first session is with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing. We invite you to join Gautam for an online chat on Thursday, the 2nd of June, 2005, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here (http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542).

See you on the 2nd at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

aks_stranger
Community Member
Dear friends
i need ur help
as i won one bid and buy that item last month, i paid for same by cheque and since than seller lies and misinform me many of times. i had talk with him several times, but as i open dispute with him on 21st this month he turned off his cell phone and not attending resi. phone. the way he is responding is very irritating and disturbing, i loose my all trust at him i dont think that kind of seller can give me genuine item,, still i dont know what to do ?? i m surfing here and trying to search some way out so that i can get back my money if anyone of u help me out plz help me. let me know what i do ?? how long i should wait to respond from his ends ??
Message 21 of 119
latest reply

aks_stranger
Community Member
hi friends
this is ravi
and here i loose my money, i paid for one item and till date i have not received it. my seller is not responding and i dont know what to do ? seller's phone is off. if anyone of u can help plz contact me and let me know what to do so i can get back my money. thanks
Message 22 of 119
latest reply

gibberishh
Community Member
Why have all the features useful to buyers been removed? Why has it become such a seller-centric site? Doesn't someone realise that the site is useless to sellers without buyers?

And why is so much of fraud promoted (I'm saying promoted, not allowed)?

By the way, does ebay.in have a support team? Does it actually have people to manage disputes? Believe it or not, just to try it out, I sent a message with general comments on the site and got back the standard reply of "Please resolve your dispute with the seller."

Do you really expect me to buy on this site after all this? I know for a fact that if I lose money on this site (which I have), there is no way for me to get it back. The site also promotes piracy (yes, I have reported pirated goods, to which I was told to 'resolve my issues with the seller') and fraud.

Veer Kothari.
Message 23 of 119
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

Thank you for the enthusiastic response you have shown for our first Open House Session. We have read all your posts, and Gautam will try and respond to as many of them as possible during his online chat session on the 2nd of June.

Keep posting your views, and we look forward to an interactive session on the 2nd of June, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.

Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 24 of 119
latest reply

What more can one ask for?
Piracy,theft, frauds, u name it & its in here at E-bay..
One honest suggestion...Close down..
Sell all the business u got in India & pay back all the people who were looted b'cos of you.
LOOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1X-(
Message 25 of 119
latest reply

electronixworld
Community Member
Dear Gautam,

Ever Since baazee has become ebay,not me but most of the members have been facing problems as you can make out from the list and the types of messages posted here on this thread.

I am a regular seller on on baazee(now ebay)since past four years.Recently i recieved a warning for one of my product(Nutrino W.G. wheat grass juice)According to your rules the product was violating the terms and conditions of ebay(The reason:no one is allowed to sell drugs mentioning magical cures on the net)But let me tell u,the product does not come under the herbal drugs but comes under the food products category.

The documents,liscence and the necessary FDA approval documents were submitted to the ebay team.However,your legal advisors failed to understand the nature of the product and imposed a 14 day ban on my id! Even when trying to contact the ebay team on mail,i get stupid cut copy paste replies with non experienced staff handling the dispute.

Can you look into the matter and please change your american policies which are not at all suitable for the indian market

Message 26 of 119
latest reply

bestseller_company
Community Member
well its sad but even i lost my money few months back on bazee (now e bay) . I paid the seller through online transaction but nothing happened. Although it was a low price but because of it i am afraid to buy anything from this site. Can it be possible that all the money matters be solved by your side rather than leaving all to the seller.
Bye
Best Of Luck
Message 27 of 119
latest reply

edinamani
Community Member
Dear Gautam Thakar...

If one goes through all the posts, it is disheartening to note that no one has put in a word in appreciation. This by itself should definitely tell you about the state of affairs in eBay.

My observations:

* The operations have become sellcentric.

* There is total lack of responsive communication from eBay for the comments posted on the boards. When things turn tough, your moderators abscond. Refer posts on trasure hunt board.
* Persons accessing any internet website will never have dificulty in contacting the persons or escalations. In eBay, the persons who are able to reach this link (if they are lucky) will still have to go through a menu driven option and post the concern. While this is desirable, why not a simple "Contact us" link for escalation? And where are the telephone no.s definitely required for urgent communications?
* And feedback appr 100 characters and you can enter only once that too in a different screen?

* Do the ratings really reflect the business done. I buy 100 different items from a seller, but even if I get all positive ratings, I end up with only a count of 1. But I buy three items from 3 sellers. Even if one of them rates me negative, I still end up with a count of 1. Are both these cases equal !!!

Hope things will improve.
Regards...
Message 28 of 119
latest reply

edinamani
Community Member
Improvement requests...
* Say I intend to buy a specific item (say Tajmahal miniature) which has been traded umpteen no. of times by a seller, I will be more interseted in going through the feedbacks posted for only that item, rather than all the items sold by the seller. That way, I will know in advance whether the item has a bad history. Since items offerred repetitively have common item descriptions (sometimes across sellers), theorytically, it should be possible. Can you give it a try?
* PaisaPay purchase options always show the local (same town) price option first and if we say "yes", seller ends up as a loser, since transaction is over. The choice of selecting outside location is left to the buyer and description is confusing as it shows for both as local - India and national - India. BaaZee used to give the options correctly as local - (city name) and other than (city name) and since the "buyers city name" is known, used to correctly pick PaisaPay options. It is definitely a negative factor, since ebay even dispalys the calculated distance betn selling and buying locations!!!!

Regards...
Message 29 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
You guys are a bunch of real unaccountable , unorganised , business ethics less and irresponsible guys .
Because of you , do u know , ppl from italy , nigeria , UK and 5-6 in india have been cheated of Rs.40,000/= each by one single bast*** seller universalcomputers2005
OKAY!
Now this i came to know via police investigations.
As i met Commissioner of police Bangalore yesterday.
Cyber crime cell will also be on its toes now.

I also talked to Sansani on Star News about this fraud.
I will summarize them shortly now.

Now you please think what you are going to do to recover our money.

Because I tell u , strongly , action will be taken against u too.
Ur name will also come out in media once again, and for wrong reasons.

Waiting for a satisfactry answer on ur part.
Message 30 of 119
latest reply