cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new initiative for users to interact with eBay India Management – the eBay India Open House.

Staff from the eBay India Management Team will be available on the Discussion Boards at pre – defined times, to answer any questions you might have regarding buying and selling on eBay India.

The first session is with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing. We invite you to join Gautam for an online chat on Thursday, the 2nd of June, 2005, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here (http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542).

See you on the 2nd at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

ristcomputers
Community Member
Hi Gautam,

It is nice to see that 1 Paisa Auction is now being promoted on Home page of Ebay Extensively.

The links have certainly brought back the traffic to 1 Paisa Auction after these promo links.

We would request Ebay to look into one drawback of the link so that it becomes effective.

Right now all the links display items starting at Re 1/- which the seller intends to sell at Re 1/- with high delivery charges.

If the link can be devised with atleast one of the two options it would be benificial for serious sellers who do not sell products at Re 1/- and collect delivery charges to compensate for the cost as well as Ebay where in commision for these transaction is peanuts.

1. The link may be with atleast 3 bids ( One of the links does promote this option but this option should be implemented for all one paisa promo links).

2. The link may be with item cost reaching atleast Rs 50/-

If either of the two options are implemented the 1 paisa auctions would really do well and the visibilty of products would increase.

The above suggeations have been made after going through lots of posts regarding high delivery charges with cost of material being just Re1/-

These kind of auctions if can be avoided would be good for the community.

Regards

Rakesh Dogra
Message 2 of 119
latest reply

arunimahoskote
Community Member
MYOLA CLASSICS is a fraud seller on ebay/baazee. i bought something from them, and they sent me the wrong item, something which was lesser in price value, and started demanding that I pay for it. When I told them on the phone that they have sent a wrong item, they became rude. I told them I wasn't interested in dealing with them then, and when I said this they threatened me saying that if I don't buy the item from them, they'll give me bad ratings and feedback. And when I told them this was no way of talking to a customer, they gave me a negative feedback. They have used very bad language and become personal in their feedback, and they are the kind of people one should definitely be ware of. They expected me to pay for the wrong item, and their stuff is not good. I can't undersatnd if Ebay is a forum for people to come and buy in a nice and convenient manner, or frauds like Myola sellers? I STRONGLY WARN PEOPLE TO BEWARE OF THEM AND NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Message 3 of 119
latest reply

arunimahoskote
Community Member
MYOLA CLASSICS is a fraud seller on ebay/baazee. i bought something from them, and they sent me the wrong item, something which was lesser in price value, and started demanding that I pay for it. When I told them on the phone that they have sent a wrong item, they became rude. I told them I wasn't interested in dealing with them then, and when I said this they threatened me saying that if I don't buy the item from them, they'll give me bad ratings and feedback. And when I told them this was no way of talking to a customer, they gave me a negative feedback. They expected me to pay for the wrong item, and their stuff is not good. I can't undersatnd if Ebay is a forum for people to come and buy in a nice and convenient manner, or frauds like Myola Classics? I STRONGLY WARN PEOPLE TO BEWARE OF THEM AND NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Message 4 of 119
latest reply

rajagopalj
Community Member
I had paid for item no.7503359247- 2.1 MP VIVITAR 3635 Smart Profess.Digital camera via paisapay from BINOINDIA on ebay. After 3 weeks of non-response, he mails that the item is not available and offers a full refund, though he had put up the same item for sale under a new number.I had complained to community board, with no avail. After many communications, he now blames the Paiaspay department for non-refund of the money and is directing me to talk to you about this. Please help me to solve this dirty muddle I am caught up with. I get neither the product nor the money, but only vague replies and a cold Ebay Response, for the fault of shopping with you and paisapay. E-bay.in will soon going to be known as the haven of cheats, with a blind and deaf policeman.
Message 5 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Hi Gautam,
Seller universalcomputers2005 (now banned) disguised as a laptop seller.you might have seen his dirt cheap priced AMD athlon laptop for 38000.
I made an online fund transfer thru icici bank.
Now he does not respond and has duped 2-3 ppl on baazee.
I have registered a complaint with icici and with local police.
The person is from gudur , AP
I am from bangalore.

Now in what way is baazee liable to this money recovery?
Because it does not have a check on the identity of any of the seller or buyer.
Any street walker can become a member and start selling.
Agreed, that the buyer should be cautious and careful on his own in the dealings, but many innocent persons come into the net of fraudsters.
Now out of millions of baazee users , its definite that some will fall prey to an irresistible offer put up by a possible fraudster.
What do you people say about it?
Shouldnt baazee be accountable?

This way no one will ever feel secure to transact on any internet site.
Thats why people in india still do not have even 10% faith in these online tradings.

I met police and bank officials and other experienced people and when i narrated my story,everyone pointed finger towards accountability of the auction hosting site.

Please tell ur opinions.
Thanks in advance to all of you!
Message 6 of 119
latest reply

ucanwinu
Community Member
hi gautam

i'm facing this strange problem since the day baazee turns to eBay. I want to offer my customers two kind of shipping charges. to the people in Delhi, charges are less and to people outside delhi charges are more.....simply because we operate from Delhi.
Now my problem is that though i have mentioned this in all my listings and people who pay by cheque/DD do take care but what about those who pay by credit card. their shipping charges are calculated according to what's listed as first shipping option.
A customer from Meghalaya bought an item and his product was calculated with Delhi shipping charges. We asked him that this is wrong and he said he can't help it since the system has calculated this amount. We had to send the product and beleive me we incurred a loss. Total amount to send the item to Meghalaya was more than our selling price.
Isn't there a simple way through which it can be calculated that if the delivery is in the same city as the seller the charges get calculated from local courier and if the buyer's city is different from seller's city the amount includes national regular charges.
i hope i made u understand my problem.
thanx n regards
Message 7 of 119
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi arunimahoskote,

I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience buying on eBay. However, the Customer Helpdesk will not be able to get in touch with you until you write to them using the contact us link:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html
It will help the Helpdesk in investigating your issue and responding accordingly.

However if you feel that the replies you receive from Customer Helpdesk can be improved in any manner, please feel free to give your feedback here.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 8 of 119
latest reply

i2loveindia
Community Member
Any Responsible person from Baazee/ e-bay,

Pls dont send me any standard copy paste message.
Its irritating, i had registered for Paisapay on 19th Feb 2005 and even had made many payments thro that.
But when i wanted to sell an item, I went to "My e-bay" -"My Account" - "Paisapay Account" ITS SAYING "To accept Credit Card and Online Bank Transfers, register for PaisaPay. "
HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO REGISTER???
activate my paisapay account immediately,
regards,
Frustrated Baazee/ E-Bay user,
Damodaran
Message 9 of 119
latest reply

harryfashion
Community Member
Hi Gautam,

Few suggestions

On an immediate basis you should let one edit the ratings.

Here buyers dont understand community building and rating they use it as a threatning weapon.

They dont contact before leaving negative rating.

Secondly you should make it easier for sellers to leave ratings, a very simple solution is that when one clicks on the link "Paid and waiting for feedback" the seller should be able to rate from that very page itself, now what happens is one just sees a list of these buyers but has to go to "Feedback Forum" and then look at each buyer who paid and did not pay , from there one has to sort and leave rating, this is not difficult but impossible as the no of buyers who do not pay up is large and no one will have the time to sort these buyers.

Well these are important changes you should make on ebay to make it easier as for now.

Rgds

Haresh
Message 10 of 119
latest reply