cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new initiative for users to interact with eBay India Management – the eBay India Open House.

Staff from the eBay India Management Team will be available on the Discussion Boards at pre – defined times, to answer any questions you might have regarding buying and selling on eBay India.

The first session is with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing. We invite you to join Gautam for an online chat on Thursday, the 2nd of June, 2005, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here (http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542).

See you on the 2nd at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

abhayav
Community Member
Hi Ebay Management,

I don't like the idea of putting in a rating for the seller even before he dispatches the item. This option actually did not exist with the earlier site Baazee.com. Why have you allowed this?

This demand for rating before dispatch by seller and promising of free gifts for this rating is sheer mokery of the system. Especially since the rating can't be edited, i would say, that all the sellers who promise a free gift that will be dispatched if the rating is given before dispatch, are into selling JUNK STUFF with cheap Free Gifts being sent. Only a JUNK Seller would want his rating put in before dispatch of the item.

How can anyone rate a seller before receiving the product?

This whole thing is totally absurd and anyone who uses this approach to sell his JUNK should be shunned from ebay, that is if ebay believes it caters to the sale of genuine stuff and not JUNK.

On the other hand if ebay believes that anything goes as long as someone sells things on ebay, then GOD help ebay to survive. I will be the first, in this case, to stop people from using ebay, as they wud be buying Junk stuff as new.

Check out and disable. One such seller who has demanded my rating before dispatch of the item, with the promise of free gifts for this, is tataonline.

Regards
Abhayav
Message 11 of 119
latest reply

rajeshmatche
Community Member
Dear Sir, I have paid Rs Rs. 8,461.00 to imtiazthegame for 22K Gold Rope Chain (4989978262)
1 Rs. 4,511.00 and 22K Gold Fox-Tail Chain (4989978715) 1 Rs. 3,550.00.
He has received DD on 7/05/05 and encased. He has not send items and now disconnected all communication channels.
I have open the disput on 16/05, 10 days over I am not getting
"I feel I have no other option but to escalate this to a claim." optional is not geting activeted yet please help
Message 12 of 119
latest reply

Hi ppl..
Thats what best we can do..Lets sue e-bay..
All those people (including me) who have been cheated here, lets sue them in mass.
I get a strong feeling that Ebay creates fake seller ids, lists unexisting product to sell, once the payment is received by them, delists the seller. So guess, how much money E-bay makes by duping 10-20 consumers every month for an average of 10,000. Would easily make up for the loss the website incurs.
SO LETS GET TOGETHER. FILE A PIL, OR WHATEVER SOUNDS SUITABLE & LETS DRAG THEM TO COURT..
Message 13 of 119
latest reply

I have been cheated by a seller(singh_mart) as against a Nokia 6600 when I paid him 12,000 & he has been absconding since then. Ebay has even de-listed him for reasons unknown.I have filed a case with IFCC (#I05041711579203). Your legal dept has refused to help. I must admit, e-bay has the worst legal dept within (if any exists) with bunch of unqualifed professionals (if any exists). I would continue fighting, till u people help me recover my hard earned money. YOU PPL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS.
How do u tend to register a seller, without any background verification?
When you cannot do a job well, better stay away from it..
& To top it all u undertake a satisfaction survey.. R u still wondering, how good i will rate u???
Message 14 of 119
latest reply

gamersgamezone
Community Member
hello sir please help me by providing name of courier services which provide cash on delivery services
thank you
Message 15 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Hello all,
Why not form a lobby of all those who have been defrauded of their hard-earned money.

pls reply to this and we shall all come together.
I have lost Rs.40,000 in one shot.
In this along with my mistake of believeing a person without first fully establishing his identity there lies baazee's contribution too.
They allow any damn fraud to register and wipe off easy money from innocent bidders here.

Lets all come together and form a yahoo group where we can help each other and seek legal help to recover our money.
come ppl
join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/financialfrauds

thanks
Message 16 of 119
latest reply

satytripathi01
Community Member
can i have justice my money is with you either give it to seller or refund it to me or at least give me your telephone nos plz do not send me ur standard format answers i am fedup with them give concrete streight answers

satyendra

Message: can i ask you what action have you taken in the matter and why
neither the material is despatched nor my payement refunded to me

dear sir

i had purchased a nokia 6820 and paid through paisa pay, enclosed is the
reply of the supplier when asked about despatch of the item, i want
immediate action either ask him to despatch material by paying him (i
fail to understand why you have not paid him when i paid to you
immedeately.

or else refund me the amount in my account without any further delay and
stop harrasing genuine customers

satyendra

this is what the seller has to say

hello Dear,

Just few minutes back i had word with ebay people . they told me that
they cant send me the money nor they will refund the money until my
account reactivate. if you talk to them tey will refund ur money but
they will not refund the money on my request .

regards

rohit

hello sir, Ebay have blocked my account fon ebay . i have applied for
re activation . i have not yet recived the dd from paisapay . i reqest
you to please contact paisapay for same . .

regards

rohit
Message 17 of 119
latest reply

dabsngp
Community Member
dear friends,
I had purchased item No.6760524764 from a seller on ebay (dms_comp_in1). though i have his e mails confirming receipt of total amount i still have to receive this item. i even made a complaint to e bay regarding this. the seller is still on ebay selling goods. shouldn't once the ebay receives a complaint stop the seller from selling items or atlest restrict him. it seems they wont do it and as far as the seller is concerned he has turned off his mobile, won't accept SMS. won't even send e mails.
should this mean we should file a complaint against the seller and make ebay a party too?
Message 18 of 119
latest reply

shivam_traders
Community Member
There are two buyers in the paisa pay list... But underthem it show "Item Deleted - Payment on hold ". But i have already dispatched the product. & members have recived the product. Then why is this hold. Kindly explain the same.
Message 19 of 119
latest reply

silconvalley
Community Member
dear gautam
it is know that you are concerned by the sellers and buyers problems
first of all stop the copy paste replies that we receive from ebay.in staff , this is stopping us from sending our queries as we know the answers what we will get will not be in connection to the questions

secondly let the powersellers have telephonic support it take only 3 mins to resolve a issue or get the answer for a question .and it will take a week time in communicating via mail and ultimately the copy paste replies will not be understandable is it will be out of the subject of the questions

please also resolve the billing issues
sellers have been billed for free listing promo on 5th and 26th april and then on 15th may for international listings
this has increased the billing amount and miscalculation
when you are offering some thing free then why are you billing it on the first hand

pls also consider rating issues as we know that indian mentality is limited to its lesser knowledge of the cyber world people do not credit the seller for his honestly but for the delay oin paisapay clearance and courier mismangement

my billing is my prime consern i ahve been billed 3lac for april and may and the atual amount to be paid comes to 45k

after a upi is filed the seller should get the fee credit immediately
we have not received the fee credit for april and may upi filed and when contacted custumer support via mail all copy paste replied which were out of the subject
now we have made a part payment based on all the shipment done by us

but every month we cannot sit and calculate what business we have done and pay only for all fulfilled orders

pls be kind to reply this queries with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
Message 20 of 119
latest reply