cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new initiative for users to interact with eBay India Management – the eBay India Open House.

Staff from the eBay India Management Team will be available on the Discussion Boards at pre – defined times, to answer any questions you might have regarding buying and selling on eBay India.

The first session is with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing. We invite you to join Gautam for an online chat on Thursday, the 2nd of June, 2005, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here (http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542).

See you on the 2nd at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

psswaroop
Community Member
i remeber in Baazee we used to have an option in every listing page to complain about item/seller. I don't find it anwhere now.
Also there used to be options like wrong category listing, multiple listings, high cost of trasporting etc ..
I owuld like to have atleast to have a link so that ican directly launch a complain from the selling/lisiting page. It brings in more transparency,
Plz do that ...as it was in baazee..

Satya Swaroop
Message 111 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Hi all,
No addressing anyone, no use.

Transaction: Brand New Boxpacked Acer Aspire 1524WLMi - Athlon (#6767505397) sold by universalcomputers2005 on 10-May-2005.
Dispute status: Closed

I dont know when this dispute will actually get closed.
Earlier i got tired of mailing the dispute settler form ebay side, but she would never reply.

But when i wrote a post in this forum , within next 2 days she replied.fine.

Asked me to fax the supporting docs.
I did it , and now its been 7 days and i havent got even
an acknowledgement mail that they have recived the docs.

My one stint with baazee has cost me so much in time and money.
Everyday its like a mental burden till i get my claim.

If someone will actually see this post, then please respond regarding my claim.
And i promise i would never do the mistake of transacting through baazee again.

Thanks
Munish
Message 112 of 119
latest reply

jackiechan_in1
Community Member
I HAVE BEEN SELLING ON eBAY BUT OF LATE I JUST CANNOT CROSS THE FOURTH PAGE OF THE LISTING WHERE 3 SHIPPING OPTIONS ARE GIVEN. I JUST WANT ONE SHIPPING OPTION BUT WHEN I CLICK ON ONE I GET A MESSAGE IN READ THAT I SHOULD FILL IN THE SHIPPING FEE FOR ALL THE THREE. HOW DO I 'REMOVE' THE TWO I DO NOT NEED AS I CANNOT SEE THE 'REMOVE SERVICE' OPTION THERE WHICH I COULD EARLIER. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING AS I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. ANY HELP FROM FELLOW EBAYERS OR THE EBAY TEAM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
jackiechan_in1

Attaching a letter I wrote to ebay about the same and the answer I got for the same. But I would be able to use the Remove Service thing if I get that option.

Dear Sir/Madam,
> >I am getting three options after I mentionn will Ship item to
India.How
> >do I remove the the once that I domnt want.
> >Kindly help.
> >Rajesh Gaur
> >
> >After this you will be prompted on the fourth page of Sell your Item
> > >form, to enter the 'Shipping and SalesTax'. I understand here you
are
> > >getting three options and hence I wish to inform you that there is
> > >feature 'Remove Service' when you click on that you will be able to
> > >select the number of shipping cost you want to enter and remove the
> > >remaining.
> > >
Message 113 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Hi Gautam,
When am i getting my Baazee protection claim money of
Rs 10,000 ?

Your team sleeps after one reply.

Why this ?

Its over 3 months i am struggling with you guys.

Kindly tell me the status of my claim.

Regards,
Munish
Message 114 of 119
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello psswaroop,

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for not responding to you earlier.

We are considering bringing in the feature that you mentioned. We will inform you as and when we have more details regarding the same.

In the meantime, you can report issues to us through the 'Contact Us' link within the Help Section - http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 115 of 119
latest reply

vivek8_8
Community Member
Hi Sir,
Actually as I am a manufacture of sarees, so i want only wholesale customer , not intersted in retailing. Please, make a way for us to do so.
thanks
Message 116 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Ebay People,

I was a victim of fraud done over your website on 14th may 2005.
It was Rs 39,700 worth of fraudulent laptop selling.
Product was not received and seller was untraceable.
I have reported the same on this forum and to your so-called customer care dept.

I filed FIRs with local police and cyber cell.

Finally, so as to get something back atleast i filed claim under your buyer protection plan for Rs 10,000.

You are advertising a lot about this protection, highlighting links on ur website but do u really settle the claims.

There is nothign shown in my dispute console.

I Faxed all documents to the ur office for the claim.

No response coming from your end.

Its been 5 months now.

It does not seem that you intend to settle the claim and have cleverly erased its trace from my login.

No communication from your side whther u r going to give money or not , by what time etc. nothng has come.

what should i understand from this.

I seek the opinion and support of fellow members to take ebay to task and urgently get my money back.

Please look into this and give the claim money at the earliest,
otherwise i will be forced to file a lawsuit against this.

There are 2 more guys with me defrauded in this same case and we all are waiting to hear from ebay.

Munish
Message 117 of 119
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Its so surprising and distressing to hear that ebay has not helped Mr.Munish and 2 more members after such a big fraud of nearly Rs.40000 each. Hope you will atleast put some reply and assure the simple buyers like me that you do care for us.

Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 118 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Its been a year since i was defrauded here at ebay ( formerly baazee) by a fraudster seller registered by ebay.

From then onwards i was assured of full support in nailing the culprit and getting money back.

Also was later promised to get back full money from ebay afetr lots of protest and efforts.

Now the customer care tells me each time ,
please be patient you will get the money.
Once approval comes you will be sent a cheque.

But I have already submitted them the FIR copy etc.
Now its 8 months since they are "working" on it.

I have called them numerous times, emailed them every week to ask status, but except a sweet assurance i get nothing.

Then moreover, The customer care rep. goes on to tell me that , I should not be pressurising ebay, since its a favour they are doing and so wait till they are ready to give.

Its like waiting for ever.
Is this the treatement an ebayer deserve ??

From that day onwards, i avoid transacting on ebay.

Its a very risky method, and then harrasment moreover.

I urge ebay customer relations team to take note of this and get my case solved at the earliest.

When i ask , all documents are enough or do you need detailed FIR, present FIR submitted is in kannada ( bangalore police), then they say no need, legal team is working etc etc.

Each time she says it will take 1 week, once i get approval i will update you from last 6 months.
Then she says they cannot tell me time limit, and i should not be asking this since its a favour to me.

??
Message 119 of 119
latest reply