cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager - New Ventures & Payments

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager - New Ventures & Payments, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. In addition, you can also chat with him about the newly launched classifieds web site - www.kijiji.in.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Friday, the 16th of December, 2005 from 4:00 PM IST to 5:00 PM IST.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 16th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I just visited kijiji.in but was sorry to note that Kolkata has not been included. Infact its the only Metro to be left out.

Hope you will take actions to include Kolkata in near future.

. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

ankitarora_bzb
Community Member
Dear Mr. Rajan
For quite a while i have been thinking that eBay should have its own courier service or maybe a tie up with one. This would enable us to transact on this website with more confidence. But if you do go in for a tie up make sure the service provider ensures a speedy delivery and is also economical.
Message 3 of 55
latest reply

apnservices
Community Member
Hi

Is there any new methods of payment coming in on ebay anytime soon and why isnt paypal made for India yet.
Message 4 of 55
latest reply

karanion
Community Member
hello
mr ranjan i posted my mobile for sell on ebay n one custemer from banglore bought it n after few days he said he dont want that mobile....n ebay is asking me to pay the taxs nbut i haven't recieved the payment....so wat should i do?
Message 5 of 55
latest reply

We had paid our eBay fees for the month of October on 6th November, 2006 via HDFC Bank Direct Pay the details being as follows:

Date Narration Cheque/Ref. No. Value Date Withdrawal

06 Nov 2005 47035/Ebay India - Billing 1106171116 06 Nov 2005 4681.35

However today being the 10th of December the value still does not reflect. We are very well aware that you had a problem with HDFC Bank but that issue is now resolved and it does not take more than 30 days to reflect a payment.

What's more you have had the cheek to charge us a late payment fee when we very well paid on time.

Inspite of continuous e-mails to eBay which were answered by Elvis all he says is it will be reflected "soon"

Could eBay please define the word "soon" Greater than 1 month??????????

Elvis has now even stopped replying to our e-mails which shows the lethargic nature of eBay.

To add to the annoyance late fees have charged and some jerk from eBay keeps calling up threatening suspension. When we say we have paid the fees he says that is not his department and asks us to contact the billing department. The billing department says e-mail us via Contact Us. Contact Us e-mails do not get resonded to anymore by Elvis.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE. WE DO NOT PAY YOU 5% + 3.5% FOR THESE EVERYDAY HASSLES. EBAY IS BEHAVING WORSE THAN A GOVERNMENT CLERK!!!!!!!!!

An extremely tired and annoyed seller who is on the verge of forgetting the language to be used by a gentleman as eBay obviously seems not be understanding polite and decent language.

So next time we get a call from eBay threatening suspension don't expect a polite conversation.

-Regards,
pc_gaming_store
Message 6 of 55
latest reply

megapower_india
Community Member
Hi,

A small issue which has been raised again and again but has been overlloked till date:

If you click the 1 paisa auction link on the homepage you are directed to 1 paisa auction page. Therein if you click all items starting at 1 paisa, The result is aprox 5000 items but on almost all the items are listed at Re1 with high delivery charges.

Incase you look closely at the items listed, only 500 auction are genuinely listed for auctions to go beyond Rs 1/-.

Why can't we have a link modified for 1 paisa auction with atleast 2 bids so that the sellers who are selling higher value items get proper visibilty, otherwise the whole idea of 1 paisa auction link is defeated.

What are we trying to show our buyrs that we just want to show you lower cost of product and make money on shipping charges.

This practice not only creates a negative impression on the buyer as well as genuiness of the site is also questioned and has been questioned many times on this forum but no action is taken.

I am sure some action is taken on this issue now

Best Regards
Message 7 of 55
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Hi,
I applied for a FVF credit for a Item No. 6988811484 on 26th Nov. The buyer has not replied till 3rd dec. I became eligible for the FVF credit but it is still showing the white right sign instead of blue right sign for eligiblity of FVF credit. Now one more item has become eligible still the same problem. I got email from Miss ritika on 5th dec that issue will be resolved in 48 hours. But still the matter is unresolved :-(.
Sellers are threatened of suspension everytime without looking at the valid reasons or sometime suspended without informing. But ebay India is a very poor imitation of ebay USA. Every workshop you teach how to list a item but do not tell about the ebay strict rules to the sellers.
I hope you would look into the complaints of the users.
Thanks,

Rishabh
Message 8 of 55
latest reply

vijay1653
Community Member
Dear Sir,

As a new user, I have made about 5 purchases from Ebay and I am generally very happy with my purchases. Only in about 2 cases I am not happy with the performance of the products.
One was a product that falls short on performace as a fuel saver.The other product was a Call ID instrument which went blank after only 10 hours of operation. Where do we go to get these quality issues addressed. I feel confident when I see that seller assumes responsibility for the product. But does it extend to quality? Or do we have a channel where we can get satisfactory reply/repair/replacement?

Thanks, I will continue browsing and buying on Ebay but only wish that sellers put items on which they have confidence and can assure us of their performance. It will encourage me a lot if there is something like this like a star for quality also.
Message 9 of 55
latest reply

mansurrizvi
Community Member
With regard to Sellers rishabh_iitk2001 and pc_gaming_store posts/ compalints, inspite of any Open House, eBay will continue to harass genuine Buyers and Sellers.

They cheek they have is because they think they are not answerable to anyone. As eBay is registered under the Companies Act in India, why don't you guys apply to the Court for winding up of eBay as they owe you money. For good measure you could arrange to file criminal cases in preferably your hometowns, the smaller and farer the better. Some could even arrange for some treatment meted out to the customer service guys in the major cities - you know some nice, they should be walking around like rats that they are not arrogant prized asses that they behave.

The boot would then be on the other foot. eBay is headed by corrupt and selfish people, it is not what it started out to be. If eBay were genuine they would have reduced number of listings to be able to check each and every item else they ought not to take up what they cannot do.

eBay is made up of a bunch of cheap & prized asses who go after genuine sellers. Wrong, they do it on purpose as they make money from illegal sources Right Mr. Country Manager. Fined millions for money laundering for illegal gambling crime syndicates etc etc.

Money, Money and more money from fraud sellers from Listings -that's all they want. Right Mr. Ranjan. (next thing you know this post will be removed in a couple of days, they hate to see themselves in bad light, even if true).
Message 10 of 55
latest reply