cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do i claim the guarentee for an item which i had purchased through Baaz

rajeshpaul_k_in1
Community Member
Hello Ebay,
I had purchased a Digital Camera On December 29 th through the Baazee Site,. The seller offered me one year guaranetee . It is not working now. Now the question is How will i contact the seller. When searched using ebay.in i got the reply that "No longer registered with eBay " . I have all the mails with me with which i had the transaction. So pleasa advice me.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

anmol_kreations
Community Member
Dear EBAY INDIA USER,

Well it is sad and unfortuinate to hear that such an even has happened. But however you will have to report this on the EBAY INDIA's HELP DESK by clicking on " HELP " Button from any ebay india PAGE on the TOP of the page and then click on contact us and then select bidding and buying in the first box and then select your best case topic to post your issue. This is the fastest way to communicate to EBAY INDIA....

Hope this Helps

The Cyberwiz

Tarun

Anmol Kreations

Anmol Sparkys
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

rajeshpaul_k_in1
Community Member
HI Tarun,
I had contacted the support team. any way contacting support was another huge effort since my problem was not listed in any of the cases. At last i managed to file the complaint.

Now the response i got from the support, actually surprised and shocked me. From now onwards, i won't do trade with ebay and will ask others to be vigil when trading in ebay.

NOw the answer which i got from the support which surprised me is

UNfortunately, because the transaction took place on the old Baazee site there is not much that we can do to assist you in this case. I can confirm that the member is no longer a registered user of eBay.

That was the first response i got. hearing that i wrote

Let me ask you a question..
Suppose a seller offers me now(i mean this month) a product wiht one year warrenty through ebay.
Say after 4 months , he disappears or no longer registered with your site. Then in that case, what will happen ?

Now the response had what ebay's policy is

In that case you would receive the same response. the agreement is between you and the seller. eBay acts as a venue for sales and does not actively participate in any transaction, hence our ability to enforce any sale or term is limited to within the site itself. As such, we are
limited to the amount of time that we can take action or offer purchase protection for any transaction that takes place. This limit is 60 days

Now i think it was my fault trading in baazee and ebay.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

avertek_infosys
Community Member
Dear Mr Paul

Did you get a bill with the camera? If yes then it should be having contact details of the seller. You have not given the ID of the seller. Probably now he is selling through another ID and any of the users may be able to tell you.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

rajeshpaul_k_in1
Community Member
Is there any change in the attitude or policies of ebay after six months ? If yes, please let me know.. having experianced of ebay's policiy, i too feel i can sell something with a 5 year warrenty and easliy escape]:)
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
When I buy something from eBay / net I do not expect to get the warranty service from the seller. So I buy only if the Price is commensurated with this handicap. Something like - Hoping for the best and being prepared for the worst ;-) Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Normally Digital Cameras have National Warranty. If you have the bill or invoice print out, then please consult the nearest service centre near your town. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users

I regret the unpleasant experience you had. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences.

We at eBay understand the seriousness of this issue, and urge all buyers to Verify the Guarantee and Warranty Documents are provided by the seller as soon as you receive the delivery of the product (if Guarantee & Warranty offered by the Seller). In case you find the Guarantee & warranty documents are not in proper order as described in the item page, then kindly report this issue to eBay using the Dispute Consol (help on Dispute Consol) for eBay to take appropriate action.

It is important to note that you report the problem immediately and not delay.

I also suggest you go through this link on Protection for Buyers
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi nvid,

rajeshpaul_k_in1 is asking that, he has purchased the product when it was baazee one year before. Now the product (i.e camera) is not working as the seller gave 1 year warranty.

How come he can open a dispute after 90 days? ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello snrama,

As explained earlier in my post all buyers must Verify the Guarantee and Warranty documents that is provided by the seller is genuine - as soon as you receive the delivery of the product (if Guarantee & Warranty offered by the Seller).

I urge all buyers to lodge complaints on Guarantee and Warranty (if any) immediately as you receive the product.

Please Note: Buyers cannot report a dispute if more than 45 days have elapsed from the date of purchase. (help on Dispute Consol)
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply