cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EBAY COMMUNITY COURT IS CHEATING CUSTOMERS

e.fais
Community Member
The eBay community court is really cheating eBay customers.

The feedback which I left to a seller came before the court yesterday (19th August), and I gave a proper expalnation. The court informed me that:

"The seller has submitted his/her final statements. The case is now closed and has proceeded to the Jury who would start voting on your case soon.

You will be informed of the outcome of this case when the jury has finished voting which would be 10 days from today."

But came another mail after a few hours (not after 10 days: on 20th August early morning) saying:

"The Community Court has decided that the feedback for this transaction should be removed with a majority of 51% of the votes."

That means the case is not proceeded to Jury for voting.

The Seller (i am not disclosing his name) is getting a lot of negative feedbacks, all these negatives are being removed within a day. Now I understand what is the play working behind.

It's a real example of cheating from eBay, not only favouring its sellers but also protecting faulty sellers too.

Concluding, I am very disappointed with this experience from eBay and would like to share my experience to other customers of eBay.
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

gkmeda
Community Member
i will agree with the majority of the people about the community court. it is fraud and in the hands of power seller. they will always protect this power sellers. feedback is given for the people who want to buy the same product should know about the product. why do you want to remove it. let the buyers read it and decide.if you see in ebay all the seller will have only more than 99% positive feedback only. how is this possible?. this is possible only by removing negative feedback through community court. this is really cheating and trapping the new buyers.
Message 51 of 55
latest reply

ram.trivedi
Community Member
I completely agree with you. I had same problem and I provided all the evidence to prove that buyer was faulty but I got similar mail from eBay.

Interesting point to note that its always voted with "51%" of majority.

But it doesn't matter because ultimately its eBay and sellers who will suffer. I was planning to buy a laptop from ebay (40,000 Rs) but I cancelled my order after getting cheated by seller and eBay. Finally I ordered my product from "Dell.com".
Message 52 of 55
latest reply

Hi,

Let me put forward the seller's viewpoint.

Many Indian buyers expect too much of the sellers and leave negatives for petty reasons, say courier delay, product not as expected, their inability to use the product, non comptiablity discovered after receiving product, etc.

Sellers are cool with negative feedback, however ebay treats such feedback very severely and suspends sellers for a period of not less than 30 days.

Many genuine sellers are impacted by ebaY global policies. These policies are ok when they are applied in developed countries where infrastructure and consumer protection is of a very high level. In India it is non exsistant. Sellers in India have to fuction in a different environment than the developed world sellers but still the same stringent rules apply.

Hence the community court has been introduced to mitigate some seller issues.

The correct solution would have been to keep the negative feedback and not suspend sellers based on US norms. But that is not possible for ebay's global policies.

Hence this mess.

Devesh
Message 53 of 55
latest reply

pymobile
Community Member
i agree with cameras_n_such
Message 54 of 55
latest reply

sonuelite
Community Member
Hi ebay sellers and buyers,
I'm sharing my experience with you. I open ebay seller store before 50 days. Now, I'm running through Ebay Shop in Trail Period. There are some problems which can only resolved by Ebay.

MAIN PROBLEM'S RELATED TO BUYER ONLY:
A PERSON WHO NEVER BUY ANY ITEM THROUGH EBAY, DON'T KNOW THE RULES OF DELIVERY AND MODE OF PAYMENT. 50% INDIAN BUYER PURCHASE THE ITEM AND DOES NOT CONFIRM THE DELIVERY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY PAID THE AMOUNT THROUGH CREDIT CARD OR NETBANKING AND THEIR RESPONSIBILITY IS OVER. I SENT MANY EMAILS TO MY BUYER, ALSO SEND SMS'S TO CONFIRM THE DELIVERY, BUT THEY ARE NOT. IT WILL DELAY THE PAYMENT PROCESS OF SELLERS.
BAD: 100% DELAY OF PAYMENT PROCESS, EVEN IT IS FOR BUYER SECURITY.
GOOD: IT'S A GOOD POLICY FOR THOSE WHO USE IT PROPERLY.

VERY BAD: FOR THOSE WHO RECIEVE THE ITEM AND APPLY FOR REFUND DUE TO NON-RECIEVED ITEM OR COMPATIBILITY ISSUE REGARDING ITEM.

RESULT: BUYER'S IS SECURED THROUGH EBAY BUT SELLER'S NOT.
WHY EBAY REQUEST POD AS PROOF OF DELIVERY; WHEN TRACKING RECORD IS PRESENT ON INTERNET THROUGH COURIER COMPANY WEBSITE?)

EXPERIENCE WITH EBAY:
1. I sold the game disk to buyer and buyer recieve the item through courier with-in 3days, but does not confirm the delivery through my paisapay section. I write email to buyer about the confirmation of item. Buyer told me that the Game DVD does not working. I again sent the New Tested 100% working DVD to buyer. He recieve it again, the main problem is, his pc is not compatible to play the game. There is not my fault, buyer purchased the item which is not compatible and told me to send new replacement which I allready sent. Then he apply refund of his item. what's wrong on my side, I don't understand? Ebay hold the refund amount from my account.
2. I Sold item to buyer who lived in New Delhi. I sent his item through courier, he change the address and courier is Returned to me due to address problem. Buyer request the refund. I recieve call of ebay that buyer is requesting for refund and again buy item from you through filling correct address. I approved his refund, and buyer leave negitive feedback for me regarding the delivery. I contact the buyer about negitive feedback. He said "I leave this feedback for ebay because when he try to change the adress on website then there was some problem in ebay website" he also send written email to me that he leave negitive feedback by mistake. Ebay does not remove negitive feedback from my account.

THE RESULT IS CLEAR LIKE A CRYSTAL OR MIRRIOR. EBAY POLICIES ARE GOOD AND SAFE BUT PEOPLES OF INDIA DON'T KNOW IT AND DON'T WANT TO KNEW IT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY PAID THE AMOUNT OF ITEM AND THEIR RESPONSIBLITY IS OVER. I SELL PC DVD GAMES, THERE ARE SO MANY COMPATIBILITY ISSUE IN PC VERSION. MY ALL ITEMS DELIVERED THROUGH 'TRACKON COURIER'. ITS THE BEST COURIER SERVICE COMPANY WHO DELIVER THE ITEM WITH0IN 3 DAYS WHOLE INDIA. BUYER DOES NOT CONFIRM THE DELIVERY, THIS IS MAIN PROBLEM FOR SELLER BECAUSE IT'S DELAY THE PAYMENT PROCESS.
I JUST WANT TO SAY, JAGO INDIA JAGO... READ THE TERMS & CONDITONS BEFORE BUYING ANY ITEM.

SO, I AGREE WITH EBAY RULES & REGULATIONS. BUT AT LEAST, DON'T REQUEST POD FOR DELIVERY PROOF BECAUSE EVERY TRACKING RECORD IS PRESENT ON INTERNET. DON'T FILE REFUND AGAINST SELLER UNTIL BUYER HAVE ANY PROOF REGARDING THE PROBLEM.
Message 55 of 55
latest reply