:Assured gifts is a fake"

suhail500
Community Member
dear all
When i see the diwali assured gifts offer from ebay, i remember sadly my experience during their valentine gifts offer.
I had purchased two items and opted for the free gifts through ebay about 6 months back.
Ebay never sent me the gifts, despite repeated communication with them.
So beware of the FAKE Offers !!! U will neveeeer receive them.
This incident has also reduced my transactions through ebay and loose belief in ebay.
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

@yempee...

If I am not wrong Diwali gift is valid only on paisapay transactions and not on payment through paypal.

------------------------------
Shell Infotec
Message 21 of 61
latest reply

yempee
Community Member
Shellinfotec,
I paid through paisapay!
PaisaPay ID 25292320592
Message 22 of 61
latest reply

umaamaheswarir
Community Member
I have bought the product SONYs DSC W230 DIGITAL CAMERA 12.1MP amount of Rs. 8700/-on 11 oct,2009 by paisa pay but forgot to give the Diwali free gift code while paisa pay so please consider my case & allow me that I can give my choice gift code for availing the ebay Diwali gift offer. Please help me to get my free gift

Item purchased : 220490436023
PaisaPay ID : 25394761777
purchased Date: 11,0ct,2009
Message 23 of 61
latest reply

umaamaheswarir
Community Member
I have bought the product SONYs DSC W230 DIGITAL CAMERA 12.1MP amount of Rs. 8700/-on 11 oct,2009 by paisa pay but forgot to give the Diwali free gift code while paisa pay so please consider my case & allow me that I can give my choice gift code for availing the ebay Diwali gift offer. Please help me to get my free gift

Message 24 of 61
latest reply

umaamaheswarir
Community Member

Message 25 of 61
latest reply

jmsdjms
Community Member
Sir
I made 2 purchases. On 6-10-09 Canon Digicam A1100 IS and made payment vide Paisapay code 25371892868 RS.9900/- and on 13.10.09 Rs 225/- Ladies Wrist watch PaisaPay ID 25403066888.
Unfortunately I have not mentioned diwali gift code at the time of purchase. Later I sent many messages at ebay@ebay.in.
I request to please send me the eligible gift and where to give my option of the gift code.
J M Siyad
Message 26 of 61
latest reply

to all those who somehow forgot to enter your gift codes, i think there is a help page somewhere that explains how this is done. You need to enter the coupon AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT. The field for putting entering the code is on the same page where you enter your credit card details. If you failed to do so, then that means you have WAIVED your eligibility for the gift...passed it up, in a manner of speaking. I don't think much can be done abt that now.

Better luck next time and pls don't curse me for speaking the truth. I want a happy diwali too!! :-D -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 27 of 61
latest reply

barah
Community Member
Ebay is committing fraud in its DIWALI BONOUS ..where in it promises an assured gift and a promise to win weekly bumper prize. All the prize winners of the weekly bumper draw have very low feed back ...below 50 . ( check out using the user- name and site map to find members ) Is it possible ? In fact its likely most of the user names may be that of EBAY employees.. The last winner in fact has zero feed back ( pk_kapur )..
Never expected such fraud from Ebay. Its possible that someone lower down the organisation is doing it.
Message 28 of 61
latest reply

mraju146
Community Member
guys..... u need to enter the code for the diwali gift during payment of item in the same page (no window opens ?:| ).... those who have missed entering the CODE may not redeem for the gift.... but am not sure for that......

And for those who have entered the CODE, should wait for 45 days I guess. After that can question them if the gifts offered are true or not..... And mostly they clearly mentioned that the gifts will be sent only to their REGISTERED ADDRESS only.... so checkout for ur address....

gud luck for all the ebayers who are awaiting for the gifts..... (disclosure: I am one among you:| )
Message 29 of 61
latest reply

buzzmedead
Community Member
Hi
I am another victim of eBay India's free gift FRAUD scheme. I am still waiting for the Monsoon Offer gift to arrive. I had put in the gift code at the time of payment, I have waited a lot more than 45 days, but still, eBay India has no clue where the hell the gift is and when it can be despatched. That is typical example of - LOW STANDARDS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I have been emailing customer support regularly, but the answer I get from them, its so vague. eBay customer support reps are ridiculously careless in responding. Their answers are always vague, and irritating due to grammatical mistakes.
Suggestion to eBay India, atleast hire people who can communicate in proper English. I am stressing on eBay India because I have seen this problem in the Indian version of eBay. I regularly do transactions in eBay UK, and have had no issues. The standards of customer service are appalling in eBay India.

May I request Miss Sapana (from eBay) to look into the email exchanges for the case:
GS=C99015 Tracking My PaisaPay transactions [#IN ?01 ] (KMM6661692I15977L0KM)

Had these emails gone into eBay UK, there would have been havoc in the entire contact centre, however, in Indian contact centre, it seems nobody is bothered to uphold the reputation of eBay as a global organization.

I am still emailing and cursing the eBay Customer Support, and they are happily taking all the S***. I wish I had never trusted eBay India and avoided transacting through them.

A disappointed customer -
Nishant Tank
Message 30 of 61
latest reply