:Assured gifts is a fake"

suhail500
Community Member
dear all
When i see the diwali assured gifts offer from ebay, i remember sadly my experience during their valentine gifts offer.
I had purchased two items and opted for the free gifts through ebay about 6 months back.
Ebay never sent me the gifts, despite repeated communication with them.
So beware of the FAKE Offers !!! U will neveeeer receive them.
This incident has also reduced my transactions through ebay and loose belief in ebay.
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

spl_ind
Community Member
I delete these gift offers as soon as I get it.
Message 2 of 61
latest reply

sunilrj
Community Member
i have purchased 6 items during this diwali gift offer season. totalling to almost Rs. 1 lakh. let us see if i recieve the gifts!

however u have to note that you dont automatically qualify for the gifts. you need to redeem the gift voucher on the PP payment page. when you redeem you will get a message that states " smart move. the ebay gift voucher XXXXXX has been applied"
Message 3 of 61
latest reply

uttam1967
Community Member
suhail u r right they are simply cheating .
i am also a victim of the same in mansoon offer
Message 4 of 61
latest reply

*sonal*
Community Member
Hi,

I got a pendrive so please dont say its fake..

In fact I got it before receiving the item itself..

Pleasant surprise indeed..

In case you're looking for an offer try this.
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250505058526&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT>
http://cg...
Message 5 of 61
latest reply

I too received Iball headset in a week's time, even before original item,thanks ebay
Message 6 of 61
latest reply

sunilrj
Community Member
well i dont think this offer is fake. if you havent redeemed the gift code then you will not get the gift. i recieved the pen drive yesterday. the item which i purchased is yet to arrive.. so of the 6 purchases i redeemed the gifts on 5. of the 5 gifts i recieved one until now. will keep you posted!
Message 7 of 61
latest reply

suhail500
Community Member
BY POSTING THIS MESSAGE I WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER I WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO DID NOT RECEIVE THE OFFERS.
NOW I KNOW THAT THERE ARE MANY LIKE ME WHO HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE GIFT.
I DO NOT SAY THAT THIS IS COMPLETELY FRAUD, BUT INDEED EBAY DO PLAY FRAUD IN THIS MATTER.
ANY WAY THOSE WHO GOT THE GIFTS ARE SIMPLY LUCKY AND OTHERS ARE UNLUCKY.
ITS BETTER GO FOR GAMBLING THAN BE CHEATED. ATLEAST WE EXPECT THE WORSE ALSO!!!

THANKS FOR ALL GUYS WHO REPLIED TO MY POST
SUHAIL
Message 8 of 61
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi suhail500 and uttam1967,

I am sorry to hear that you did not recieve the gift from the monsoon and valentine promotion. Apologies for the inconvenience. I have escalated your case to the team and you should soon receive your gifts.

Our attempt normally is to dispatch the gift as soon as possible. Which is why some of you received the gift even before receiving the item. However, in certain cases, the gifts get delayed or do not get delivered for the following reasons:

1. Buyer's registered address in My eBay is incomplete and buyer is not reachable to give accurate details
2. Due to error in resigtered address, the item does not get delivered
3. Buyer area is not serviceable by reputed courier company. In such cases, after multiple attempt, we use India Post to dispatch the gift.

If you are redeeming any gift, please ensure that your registered address and the contact details are updated. This will really help us fasten the entire proccess.

Thanks & Regards,
Sapana
Message 9 of 61
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@sapana May I know which courier company is used to send these gifts? I would like to check whether my area is serviceable by that courier or not.
Message 10 of 61
latest reply