Announcing launch of all new PaisaPay!

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee

We are pleased to announce that starting the week of 3rd December 2007 we will be launching several enhancements to PaisaPay. These enhancements are aimed at making transacting on eBay even more safe, fun and providing our buyers with a delightful experience. New PaisaPay will provide a mechanism for the buyers and sellers to complete their PaisaPay transactions with ease and help our sellers increase their business on eBay.

The New PaisaPay flow:

Key Highlights:

1. Providing a delightful buyer experience: Buyers will now be able to use PaisaPay for fast, assured purchases or get their money back! In case the buyer does not receive the item purchased with the prescribed timelines, he will have the option to get a quick refund.

2. Uniform performance guidelines for Sellers: In new PaisaPay the sellers will have fixed timelines within which they need to ship and deliver the item. This will help in providing a standardised seller experience where sellers will have clear performance guidelines. In case a seller needs more time to ship or deliver the product, he can request the buyer for a time extension.

3. Easy tracking of shipments for both Buyers & Sellers: Sellers will be required to enter the shipping details in My PaisaPay within the prescribed timelines. This will give buyers and sellers a quick reference point to know the shipment status thereby resulting in smooth communication between buyers & sellers.

4. Easy Refund Mechanism:

a. In case the seller is not able to ship the item: Seller can easily issue a refund to the buyer by not entering the shipping details within the prescribed timelines. In such cases PaisaPay will automatically issue a refund to the buyer. The sellers no longer need to follow the offline process of contacting PaisaPay Customer Support for issuing refund.

b. In case the buyer does not receive the item: If the buyer has not received the item within the prescribed timelines he has the option to raise a refund claim. In case the seller has delivered the item he will have 5 days to dispute the buyer’s claim. In case of any dispute between the buyer and seller on item delivery, PaisaPay’s decision will be final.

5. Seller Remittance on Buyer Confirmation: PaisaPay shall remit the money to the seller as soon as the buyer confirms item receipt or does not raise a refund claim in the prescribed timelines. Certain Qualified sellers will be eligible for Express Remittance.

6. Express Remittance for Qualified sellers: Sellers who qualify for Express Remittance will have their individual Express Remittance limit. Please note that Express Remittance is a privilege for sellers with strong business and good behaviour history on eBay. The option to offer this privilege to sellers will be at the sole discretion of PaisaPay.

7. Online Remittance to replace Demand Drafts: PaisaPay will remit seller’s money online to his bank account instead of mailing demand drafts. This will save both the courier & encashment time for the sellers. It will also mean no more cases of lost demand drafts.

8. Twice a week remittance cycle: PaisaPay will now be sending money to sellers twice a week (bi-weekly basis) replacing the process of weekly remittance.

9. All new My PaisaPay: The new ‘My PaisaPay’ in “My eBay”, will give buyers & sellers an easier interface to communicate with each other and stay updated on transaction details.

10. PaisaPay Phone Support to be extended to all seven days of the week: PaisaPay phone support will be extended to all seven days of the week (from current five days a week) from the month of December 07.

11. PaisaPay becomes mandatory: All listings will automatically offer PaisaPay as a mode of payment. Sellers can also offer other mode of payments. Sellers with 20 or less listings will be able to offer PaisaPay as the only mode of payment. Read FAQ’s.

12. PaisaPay Invoice: To ease the process of reconciliation and accounting your PaisaPay transactions PaisaPay would be issuing a monthly Invoice to sellers.

13. eBay Buyer Protection remains the same: Buyers will continue to remain eligible for eBay Buyer Protection after time-out period. All other buyer protection features will remain the same. Read FAQ’s.

14. PaisaPay EMI Option: Sellers with 5 or more feedback will have the option to offer 3 and 6 month EMI in their listings, which can be availed by buyers paying via ICICI bank credit cards. Additional PaisaPay charges apply fro EMI transactions. Read FAQ’s

To avail the Enhanced PaisaPay facility from the week of December 3, 2007, all sellers will need to register again with PaisaPay and update their bank details here. We encourage you to update your details as soon as possible on this link. Read FAQ’s.

We understand that you might have questions to understand the changes better. Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, go through the details on this page and on the tutorial, contact our Customer Service team or post your questions on this thread.

We are very excited about these changes as we believe that this will help us in providing a high quality online shopping experience to our users and help in making eBay the favoured destination of online shoppers.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 239
latest reply
238 REPLIES 238

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi cochinmall,

Thanks for the clarification. We have added your branch to the list and with the next update you will be able to register with New PaisaPay.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 191 of 239
latest reply

Dear Sapana ji,
I think you had missed my post,Please kindly reply to my post and obliged me.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 192 of 239
latest reply

Hello,

My branch is still not on the list. Please inform once it is done, so I can register myself for my paise pay.

Bank & Branch details-
Bank of Baroda Walkeshwar Branch, Walkeshwar road, sital Baug Mumbai 400006.

Regards
Rajesh Parekh
Message 193 of 239
latest reply

esystemnext
Community Member
HI, Sapana and all sellers

Although I am a passive listener, and I am sure this is a hottest thread for eBay sellers.
I have been in courier/international cargo business for 6 yrs and have been a Senior Branch manager in Delhi/ Noida before setting my business and I am selling eBay for last 18 months. I can say that some of doubts felt by fellow sellers are very true

I can understand that eBay is improving its buying experience for buyers and it has raised its bar of standard for sellers, and our seller community has to improve itself to level expectation, no doubts we will do it,
I understand the every new change in the system is resisted as people generally don’t want to change easily
But this raised standard has its own few practical Problems. EBay must understand underlying Practical realities under it,

EBay has to take care of seller community. Other wise eBay will suffer with us also
EBay just cannot monopolies over sellers, one way u are hiking fee/commission and other way eBay is putting all responsibilities on sellers without going in to realities.

Please have a look at following
The major bone of contention is:” IF BUYER FILES A CLAIM FOR REFUND FOR MONEY AND ITEM HAD BEEN DISPATCHED, BUT SELLER HAS NO Physical POD THEN ………….SELLER IS AT A double LOSS,
I repeat double loss, as customer will get item and money both --IT WILL BE TRUE and no seller would like that

I can say with 100% guaranty that PHYSICAL Pod’s are NOT possible within 10 days of dispatch, may be possible after 20 days of delivery.(not date of dispatch). As system of collecting Pod is fairly similar in most of companies and POD’s are sent after 5-7 days of delivery collectively for each city and are then segregated for each branch of city which takes time.

AS truly Said by INDOCONCEPTS, “All sellers are dependent on courier companies” but we don’t have any control over them”

Most eager/impatient/non Experienced buyers/Non serious/ buyers/fraud buyers/difficult buyers will lodge claim for refund after 7 days and seller will have no Physical Proof AND NO OPTION even after 20 days of dispatch, that’s a reality.
My estimate is all sellers will lose its 30% sales as refund, in next 3 month if PAISA PAY is implemented LIKE THIS.
My suggestions

Most of Professional couriers like DTDC, TNT, TRACKON, ONDOT, GATI, Patel cargo, BLUDART etc. have on line tracking system and all computerized online tracking systems accepts only its own valid docket number, which had passed through physical verification and BARCODING and once in system, it is only the courier company which knows where the packet is.(packet tracked through BARCODING and PHYSICAL Presence)”

if seller Provides an valid docket number WITH ORIGINAL SENDER RECEIPT and that docket can tracked ONLINE with same address OF BUYER, with city of consignee then claim should held for next 25 days(from date of delivery,

EBAY should consider on line tracking as “PROOF OF DISPATCH” as well “PROOF OF DELIVERY” (POD),
If item is shown delivered in online Tracking. it should be taken as “PROOF OF DELIVERY” (no body can influence this step/process)
(It is an approved evidence in court of law in India/international) as database of courier companies cannot entertain wrong docket numbers and docket receipt is a valid Proof of dispatch.
It will end up 90% disputes.

If buyer still disputes that he has not received item/in spite of tracking shows, delivery) to settle case. If eBay /buyer wants hard copy
Then buyer should be told to wait for 25 day (from date of dispatch) HARD COPY OF POD (H_POD is also challenged many time (Excuse not my sig/etc)

THIS WILL GIVE SELLER TIME AND SPACE TO CONTACT COURIER and look for POD

I hope eBay would give sellers some room to live and good selling experience also

With warm regards

Rajesh
Esystemnext
Message 194 of 239
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
I feel this new PaisaPay will be a problem for the common users. As eBay is an open platform many end users look to sell of their personal stuff on eBay. They might find it hectic to sell.

Regards

TechiE
Message 195 of 239
latest reply

esystemnext,

I am going to make Sapana's job a little easier by replying to your post. Let her have a good weekend 😉

ebaY has already incorporated your suggestion.

Online POD is acceptable to PaisaPay.

See extracts of Posts by Sapana below:

• Hard copy of Proof of Shipment for a online track able shipment

"As indconcept mentioned, hard copy here indicates a scanned copy or a fax of the physical copy. You do not need to attest the documents."

They only want a scanned copy of the Proof of Shipment to back up the Online POD.

Why? As you are well aware most online tracking systems only show date and city of pickup and date and city of delivery and perhaps time. The is no mention of consignor or consignee in online tracking except perhaps one or two couriers.

Hence a Proof of Dispatch becomes essential to prove that the Online Tracking number is for that particular buyer.

The only problem must sellers are fearing is that today they need to use

1) Logistic Partner which do not have online tracking.

2) Logistics Partner which normally take more time to deliver than the time lines available. (10 days or domestic / 21 for international)

I have suggested some ways to get around this. Many sellers will find many more ways to get around this problem when the new PaisaPay becomes live.

Personally I do not use any logistic partner which does not have online tracking or time definate delivery. I prefer to refund those buyers whose locations are not serviceable in above manner.

I try do not forsee any mass exodus of sellers in the new PaisaPay. Some may alter the way they have been doing business but most will adapt to the new system.

--------

Devesh
Message 196 of 239
latest reply

esystemnext
Community Member
Hi,
cameras_n_such thanks for your reply and information

Please refer to post no. 180 for “15 days Money Back Guarantee on ecommerce sites."

For all major ecommerce sites in India,
IT IS A GUARANTEE AGAINST NON DISPATCH WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS

I STRONGLY AGREE THAT IF SELLER IS NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE DISPATCH DETAILS IN 7DAYS,
REFUND SHOULD BE GIVEN TO BUYER RIGHT AWAY ON 7TH DAY itself

But, Not against non receipt (only ebays says” no question asked” even if item was dispatched on 2nd day)

It will be a double loss (full money in 21 day, even if the packet is struck in transit)
Buyer will accept item & get refund also.

I am looking forward to eBay Paisa pay team to look in to this loophole and Hold refund for 25 days(from date of dispatch for online traceable dispatched item with Physical proof of dispatch).
instead of 10 days(as of NOW)

I do agree, In case of non dly AFTER 30 DAYS of dispatch, PAISAPAY CAN REFUND MONEY as such
AS IT IS SUFFICIENT FOR SELLER TO follow, ACT & REACT and reply in (25+5) days

I hope new paisapay will bring more traffic and buyers

Regards
Rajesh Khanna
Esystemnext
Message 197 of 239
latest reply

Dear Sapana and Vijay,
It was very unfortunate that the workshop of new paisapay was immediately locked as soon as the time was over.

Any way,I was just going to post my reply to what Vijay said on the work shop.

Dear Vijay,
No, the problem is not with any specific location but its do happen with any destination.

For some parcel it shows complete tracking on their website(speed post)and for some parcel booked to same destination,No tracking details are available.

Also Please note that No courier accept gemstones and most of the courier do not have online tracking facility and POD from the courier are receive only after 30-45 days.

If eBay can tell me any such reputed courier who accept gemstones/jewelry and also can provide insurance for such high value items with prompt online tracking facility then I will be very thankful to eBay. Since you suggest to use reputed courier to send items, So that it may result into delightful buyer experience, You must also provide the solution of shipping the high value items like gemstones and jewelry.

Please provide me the courier who accept gemstones/jewelry and also can provide insurance for such high value items with prompt online tracking facility.

I hope a top seller will not be ignored here.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 198 of 239
latest reply

Dear Sapana(di),
It is true that ebay is the best internet community.
It is also true that ebay means a lot to me.
And also PaisaPay had been the best part of ebay India.
My request is PaisaPay keeps up its efficiency in future.
But I obviously did not like the way I was forced to use ICICI instead of State Bank.
My State bank a/c is core banking enabled.
I am accepting online payment in that from Mumbai and Hyderabad.
The transfer of cash is instant.
The IFSC code of SBI Kalighat is SBIN0001722.
But PaisaPay says it is not in the RBI NEFT list.
I dont like ICICI.
That is an organised criminal organisation.
It gets fined by court for using unfair means.
You may read this in newspapers.
I have been forced to update ICICI in new-PaisaPay.
This has left a bad taste for me.
I am sorry.
The PaisaPay guys called me over phone.
But I am not convinced.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 199 of 239
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
Dear Vijay (jai@ebay.com)

In your work shop you said that
Offering either discounts or charging additional amount from buyers based on the payment method is not allowed on eBay

I was going through a tutorial where i found that we can offer discount to non PaisaPay payments... Check images Below.
http://www.topsale.in/images/tutorial1.gif

I selected C Offer a discount for non credit card payment. And the answer was RIGHT
http://www.topsale.in/images/tutorial2.gif

So can we write it in the listing that you will get a discount if you pay us directly. (chq / DD / Others)

Or if a buyer questions and ask for discount, can we say that you can get a discount if you pay us directly.

Regards
Message 200 of 239
latest reply