Announcing launch of all new PaisaPay!

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee

We are pleased to announce that starting the week of 3rd December 2007 we will be launching several enhancements to PaisaPay. These enhancements are aimed at making transacting on eBay even more safe, fun and providing our buyers with a delightful experience. New PaisaPay will provide a mechanism for the buyers and sellers to complete their PaisaPay transactions with ease and help our sellers increase their business on eBay.

The New PaisaPay flow:

Key Highlights:

1. Providing a delightful buyer experience: Buyers will now be able to use PaisaPay for fast, assured purchases or get their money back! In case the buyer does not receive the item purchased with the prescribed timelines, he will have the option to get a quick refund.

2. Uniform performance guidelines for Sellers: In new PaisaPay the sellers will have fixed timelines within which they need to ship and deliver the item. This will help in providing a standardised seller experience where sellers will have clear performance guidelines. In case a seller needs more time to ship or deliver the product, he can request the buyer for a time extension.

3. Easy tracking of shipments for both Buyers & Sellers: Sellers will be required to enter the shipping details in My PaisaPay within the prescribed timelines. This will give buyers and sellers a quick reference point to know the shipment status thereby resulting in smooth communication between buyers & sellers.

4. Easy Refund Mechanism:

a. In case the seller is not able to ship the item: Seller can easily issue a refund to the buyer by not entering the shipping details within the prescribed timelines. In such cases PaisaPay will automatically issue a refund to the buyer. The sellers no longer need to follow the offline process of contacting PaisaPay Customer Support for issuing refund.

b. In case the buyer does not receive the item: If the buyer has not received the item within the prescribed timelines he has the option to raise a refund claim. In case the seller has delivered the item he will have 5 days to dispute the buyer’s claim. In case of any dispute between the buyer and seller on item delivery, PaisaPay’s decision will be final.

5. Seller Remittance on Buyer Confirmation: PaisaPay shall remit the money to the seller as soon as the buyer confirms item receipt or does not raise a refund claim in the prescribed timelines. Certain Qualified sellers will be eligible for Express Remittance.

6. Express Remittance for Qualified sellers: Sellers who qualify for Express Remittance will have their individual Express Remittance limit. Please note that Express Remittance is a privilege for sellers with strong business and good behaviour history on eBay. The option to offer this privilege to sellers will be at the sole discretion of PaisaPay.

7. Online Remittance to replace Demand Drafts: PaisaPay will remit seller’s money online to his bank account instead of mailing demand drafts. This will save both the courier & encashment time for the sellers. It will also mean no more cases of lost demand drafts.

8. Twice a week remittance cycle: PaisaPay will now be sending money to sellers twice a week (bi-weekly basis) replacing the process of weekly remittance.

9. All new My PaisaPay: The new ‘My PaisaPay’ in “My eBay”, will give buyers & sellers an easier interface to communicate with each other and stay updated on transaction details.

10. PaisaPay Phone Support to be extended to all seven days of the week: PaisaPay phone support will be extended to all seven days of the week (from current five days a week) from the month of December 07.

11. PaisaPay becomes mandatory: All listings will automatically offer PaisaPay as a mode of payment. Sellers can also offer other mode of payments. Sellers with 20 or less listings will be able to offer PaisaPay as the only mode of payment. Read FAQ’s.

12. PaisaPay Invoice: To ease the process of reconciliation and accounting your PaisaPay transactions PaisaPay would be issuing a monthly Invoice to sellers.

13. eBay Buyer Protection remains the same: Buyers will continue to remain eligible for eBay Buyer Protection after time-out period. All other buyer protection features will remain the same. Read FAQ’s.

14. PaisaPay EMI Option: Sellers with 5 or more feedback will have the option to offer 3 and 6 month EMI in their listings, which can be availed by buyers paying via ICICI bank credit cards. Additional PaisaPay charges apply fro EMI transactions. Read FAQ’s

To avail the Enhanced PaisaPay facility from the week of December 3, 2007, all sellers will need to register again with PaisaPay and update their bank details here. We encourage you to update your details as soon as possible on this link. Read FAQ’s.

We understand that you might have questions to understand the changes better. Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, go through the details on this page and on the tutorial, contact our Customer Service team or post your questions on this thread.

We are very excited about these changes as we believe that this will help us in providing a high quality online shopping experience to our users and help in making eBay the favoured destination of online shoppers.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 239
latest reply
238 REPLIES 238

Hi Sapana,

Thanks for sharing the interesting data point. In the last 10 days (since launch of new PaisaPay), sellers have sent 57 time extension request and 42 (close to 75%) of them have been accepted by the buyers.

This means the seller has to refund the payment to the buyer if the Time Extension Request is declined by the buyer and the ultimate result is 25% less sale. Do you agree?

I have sent Time Extension Request to 7 international buyers out of them 2 have declined and one did not responded. I have to despatch jewellery by Registered Airmail only (as no other option is available with me and the most of the buyers prefer it). It takes sometimes 12 days and sometimes 40 days for delivery that is beyond our control. If the buyer declines the extension request then ultimately we have to cancel the transaction. No other way.

Previously, we never had such problem of cancelling any transaction due to delivery timeline and the buyer was happy with the delivery and their purchase.

Now, the buyer has two options either Accept or Decline the request. So, they think why to wait so long just decline the request and leave all the head-ache for the seller. New PaisaPay has given the buyer freedom of declining the requests but they are not looking at the other side that the sale will go down and will have to refund the payment to the buyer, just a waste of time.

This was not the right time to test the new process on the sellers' cost. eBay should have tested the new system sometime in March. December and January is our selling season.

Regards,

Message 231 of 239
latest reply

On 2 December'07 you informed me by email that my HDFC Bank Branch, Vashi is in your additional list which you received from RBI and would be uploaded on your site in next 2 to 3 working days.

HDFC Bank
VASHI EC, NAVI MUMBAI
HDFC - ANNEXE,

Till date (even after 31 days) you have not uploaded as promised.

Now on the last day of paisapay registration (10.12.07) I was forced to use my another bank branch (which is not very convenient for me)

SBI CBD-Belapur Branch MICR 400002109

Now today I was informed by you that my payment is on hold since my bank details are incorrect. On scrutiny I found that when I registered, the system has automatically generated a IFSC Code SBIN0004333 (for SBI CBD-Belapur Branch MICR 400002109) which is incorrect. I checked with my chequebook the IFS Code is SBIN0006240. I can not edit this field since it is your system generated.

Now all my payment is on hold with you due to fault from your side.

Kindly do urgent action to either upload my regular bank branch (HDFC Bank Vashi) OR correct IFS Code of SBI CBD Belapur branch in your system.

I can not indefinitely do business on your site without money
Message 232 of 239
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Hi,

I am in the same boat as other sellers complain here. The sales is ZERO except my old customers sales. Some times eBay should consult experienced sellers and do any major changes. They just keep out of the door for discussion.

Still now i am totally against New PaisaPay and i myself slowed down my business, due to the lack of confidence with New PaisaPay rules.

As i afraid, one customer successfully cheated me with 2 items, and he got refund. He received probably few days later than the PaisaPay time line for delivery, but he is not either confirming or replying to me. I am in a situation to calculate the loss and add the same cost in my item price to save myself.

My dead line is 1st MARCH. If PaisaPay fails to protect me, i am going to close the shop, as in my other thread.

OLD PAISAPAY WAS WONDERFUL AND FANTASTIC FOR ME TO DO BUSINESS WITH EBAY. WHERE TO FIND THAT ?

Goodluck to everyone.

Kind regards,
Message 233 of 239
latest reply

dolkainnovations
Community Member
the new paisapay suck!
and i am equally amazed at how slow and ineffective ur processes are. your helpdesk is not aware of ground realities and is not able to support users. moreover diff people on ur support panel speak diff language.

i have been trying to register with new paisapay for a long time now. there is an error in the registration form with regards to hsbc bank. the only branch supported is shown as kolkatta. the helpdesk says its as per rbi rules. i wonder if the helpdesk knows what rbi is.

my branch i.e. hsbc, gurgaon is fully geared to support wire transfers. i already recieve wire transfers to that account. and ur helpdesk says that the branch is not supported. though some helpdesk ppl of urs have acknowledged this to be a bug but are unable to revert with a fix. the promises like 'will get back in 12/24 hours' seem like a dirty sales talk of some small time operators.

as a small seller no one pays heed to the customer complaint though helpdesk says they have effective processes to support every customer as everyone is imp to them though i doubt if that a reality. if a simple registration form bug cannot be fixed in 2 months, i wonder if the transaction security is, as promised.

and on top the helpdesk has the audacity to suggest that i open an account in banks like icici or hdfc with whom i would never like to transact.

looks like time to say goodbye to ebay!
Message 234 of 239
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello dolkainnovations,

We have noted your issue on non availability of your bank branch in the New Paisa Pay system. On a periodic basis we update the branch list to the New Paisa Pay system based on feedback from the community. The process of updating branch list is effort intensive & is not feasible to do on an one – one basis.

However we understand your pain point and will work with the concerned team to resolve your issue at the earliest. We will keep the community updated once the next NEFT branch list is ready for upgrade.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 235 of 239
latest reply

king.of.sales
Community Member
Yes, this is a big issue against all the serious sellers on ebay.in, not only for overseas but also in India. It is very difficult to difficult to deliver the parcels overseas in ebay deadline of 21 days by India Post. Other foreign options (couriers) are too costly and in most of the cases are not viable, if their service available too.

Secondly, ebay sends continuous reminders to confirm the receipt or claim the refund within 21 days. Now the buyers think that if they would not claim, their money may be lost. Now they started to think negative after receiving second or third reminder and after all they/some of them file for refund. Now the seller is helpless. Ebay sends one email to stop the consignment, which was not at all possible in case of overseas and also very very diffucult in most of the domestic shipments also.

Recently one of my buyers also inspite of receiving the parcel claimed that he has not received the item. It is just that he want to return the product and afterall he send back the item. The item was absolute perfect and no one ever complaint for that item, inspite of repeated regular orders on ebay. Ebay has issued full refund without deducting even shipping charged which was incurred. In this case, I was lucky, because I did not lose the entire amount of Rs 2000+. I only lost shipping charges and also selling fees, which ebay has charged without completion of transaction. This is another big side effect - LOSS - to the sellers.

At the moment, there does not seems much hope except to take more precautions and protest against the rules and/or to stop selling. If ebay does not make amendments to new PaisaPay rules, it will certainly be tough in coming days.

Moreover, after sometime, the seller can not leave Negative or Neutral Feedback to the buyers - even the buyers does not bother to pay and leave seller negative also. ??? !!! I think that none of the sellers on ebay.in site will agree or support this. Please do consider this point also before this rule become applicable.

I am also awaiting the responses from all the serious sellers on these two topics.
Message 236 of 239
latest reply

niney1264
Community Member
Why is it that i purchase one item from a seller in india and i have to use paisapay then my entire "myebay" page has to be changed to now reflect the dollar amount for india...on ALL of my purchases?!? I do not want that!!!! Out of all of my purchases only ONE was from india!!! As soon as the ONE transaction is complete (item received, notification of receipt) then paisapay can kiss my american butt and i will definately be more careful of which items i bid on!!! Here's a thought...if you want to sell to americans...work something out with paypal!!!!
Message 237 of 239
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
Hi , you were redirected to eBay.in , so that it happened.
Thank and Regards
Ramkrishan
Message 238 of 239
latest reply

rosesnbeyond
Community Member
Ma'am,

How about selling domain name, tickets, mobile recharges, are they allowable at Ebay.in

If yes, how one could provide Signed POD, These are electronically transferable.

The digital proofs are always available with intermediary companies who, supervises the transfer like courier. One can verify always. Thus buyer and seller are both safe.

So, can these verifiable digital proofs provided by intermediary company are ok?
As these option are cheap and accountable under The Information Technology Act 2000 and and other law of the Land.
Message 239 of 239
latest reply