cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

80% New Registered Buyers Fake Nowadays.- A Challege to Ebay

Dear Ebayers,

A New trend has started in Ebay Buyer Registration process very recently, specially in July 2008, when they bid on items, sale is complete, they do not pay, when he is contacted, most of them say this is not the correct address or nowhere the person resides. Many of them are blocked by Ebay quickly, many go on bidding and disturbing selling process a lot.

We wrote to Ebay some specific cases where not even the name of Registrants are given but surprisingly, Ebay instead of blocking the User, giving lesson to us that we should continue communication with Buyer etc etc., all Cut-Copy replies, whereas I have written, that even no name is given in Profile.

We have found 80% cases with 0 Feedback and Newly Registered, are fake buyers.

Ebay must give some serious checks in Registration Profile Process to stop these bogus buyers.

Secondly, whenever any seller bring to the notice any specific case to Ebay, it should check the Profile and block immediately on a priority basis., without giving Evading replies.

Thanking You,
Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Ebay ID : Sitare_Jewels
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Dear Sitare_Jewels,
I am facing exactly the same issues.At least more then 60% of buyers are non-paying bidder.

When I try to contact them then either the telephone number is not working or the person say that it is wrong number and no person of the name reside there.

I had also tried to contact eBay customer care and I have received very shocking reply where my issue was not addrssed anywhere but just cut-copy reply was provided that seller should try to conatact the buyer.Moreover tips like blocking buyers are given to me.

Well This seems but irritating to get such Bogus Buyerds every now and then.

I know about the Buyer Blocks and Had set the buyers blocking to users who received 2 UPI strike in 30 days and for buyers who have 1 or more Negative feedback.

But Customer Care do not understand that there is no option to block newly registered buyers and so these so call fun/joy bidder keeps in wasting our time.

eBay should do something about this soon.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

lets_fight_for_right
Community Member
Why don't you use PaisaPay as the only paying Option ?
I think in India over 90% Buyers pay through PaisaPay.
In case you have enough time & energy to waste writing to Buyers and Customer Suppport then the choice is yours.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
you have enough time & energy to waste writing to Buyers and Customer Suppport then the choice is yours.
HAHAHA!!!WHAT A FUNNY REPLY!!!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Dear lets_fight_for_right,
Thanks for your input on the issue.

As per eBay.in more then 50% of buyers prefer Paisapay,So the number of buyers who use Paisapay is more then 50% but its not 90% or more then 90% for sure,otherwise eBay.in would have not missed mentioning this fact atleast.

Many often buyer do not have credit card or online banking facility but still they wish to buy the products.

I will loose business from such buyer(s) by only offering paisapay.

Sometime the value of item is high and buyer do not want to use Credit Card for the same or may be the Credit Card limit may not be sufficient for making the purchase,So again in such case other payment methods are required.

Also Paisapay often takes a lot of time for verifying the transaction made through Credit Card,I agree its for seller's benefits but sometime buyer need the item urgently and because too delay in confirming payment by PP,The buyer provide Nuutral/Negative feedback to sellers.

In such case seller can offer buyer other offline mode of payment,Which are faster then Paisapay.

Also while going through your profile,I noticed that you are registered just today(02.08.2008) on ebay.in but I am sure this is your alternative id and you must been member of ebay from long time by another id.

A new member who just registered today can't provide such inputs.

At last I think its duty of eBay to check the registration details of every new user and make sure that the buyer do really exist.In the current circumstances any person can register on eBay with any name( Like: XYZ)

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

lets_fight_for_right
Community Member
Hello shree_krishna_gems,

Yes this is my New ID.
Also, going through your Listings I can see that you are extensively using PayPal and selling Internationally.
So,in your case PaisaPay transactions may not be as high as 90%. My suggestion was for Sellers whose transactions are over 90% through Paisapay. Just by loosing the 10% Non-PaisaPay transactions Sellers can get rid of the 90% tensions.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hello Responders,

I donot understand, wherefrom this Paisapay option came amidst my issue of Fake Buyer Registration.

My topic was " 80% Newly Registered Buyers" in July are Fake as per our record. I have addressed this issue to Ebay and Fellow Ebayers so that Ebay find out a solution against this.

Donot know, why you are discussing Paisapay options.

New Buyers are Registering out of joke, bidding on multiple items, donot pay, when we call them, most of them reply, this is not the correct number, no such person exist etc. etc. and disturbing our selling process. Surprisingly, when we write to Ebay with specific cases in which buyer has not even given name, only CUT-COPY-PASTE replies come giving us lessons for contacting Buyer.

I have written Ebay that this is your TACTICS of delaying the matter so that 7 days are passed and we can file UPI for claiming Fee credit.

We know, New Registrants are future buyers, Ebay should give some checks during Registration verification Process. Second;y, when any seller bring into notice any specific case of false profile, it should be taken up on priority basis and block the buyer immediately.

Let us discuss this issue only in this topic.

Thanking You,
Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Sitare_Jewels
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

victoria_edward
Community Member
PaisaPay does not reply to specific questions re:PaisaPay, which is not liked by international members.
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500002287&tstart=0&mod=1216405292234
This thread we are discussing newly registtered buyers only.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

PS:Probably the idea of sole PaisaPay listing is good. I am tempted to give a try. There will be no UPIs.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

shoppe18online
Community Member
I am facing exactly the same issues.At least more then 60% of buyers are non-paying bidder.

When I try to contact them then either the telephone number is not working or the person say that it is wrong number and no person of the name reside there.

I had also tried to contact eBay customer care and I have received very shocking reply where my issue was not addrssed anywhere but just cut-copy reply was provided that seller should try to conatact the buyer.Moreover tips like blocking buyers are given to me.

Well This seems but irritating to get such Bogus Buyerds every now and then.

We know, New Registrants are future buyers, Ebay should give some checks during Registration verification Process. Second;y, when any seller bring into notice any specific case of false profile, it should be taken up on priority basis and block the buyer immediately.

I have also meet this kind of buyers who's address was FAQ and even the lanline number provided was of someone else.

I am now getting afraid of selling on ebay, specially the costlier items.

Best Regards

Sunit Sankhla
Shoppe18online http://stores.ebay.in/shoppe18online
Message 10 of 11
latest reply