cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand your eBay Invoice better - 8 June (5 - 6 PM)

sagupta@ebay.com
Community Member
Recently lots of users have had raised issues regarding the invoice they have received from eBay. This workshop is aimed at helping the community understand the eBay Invoice better and also to address issues that have been raised by our users.

Date: Wednesday 8th June
Time: 5.00 to 6.00 PM (IST)

You can submit your question now by clicking on Post reply button and the Workshop Host will try to answer the same during the workshop.

Regards
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

esource_in1
Community Member
Hi!

Would like to take part in the same so that we are able to understand the same in a better way.Do we need to post a question beforehand or can post the same during the workshop

Rgds
Gurpreet
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi esource_in1,

You can join in during the workshop and ask your question live.
Alternatively, you may submit your question in advance and the workshop host will try to answer it during the workshop session.

All the workshops are archived for your future reference.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 3 of 39
latest reply

hii,
I paid my dues via cheque but the amount was credited to my another account...... i have requested for a refund but no satisfactory reply from customer service.

Treasurehut-Net
Treasure Hut
Http://Stores.Ebay.In/TreasureHut-India
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

canamkhanna
Community Member
there are lot of items for which i have not received any payments even then also i have not been given fee credit although i had filed unpaid item dispute. Why should i pay in advance for the items for which i have not received the payments.........sachin
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

hi all!,
i dont trust ebay commitments any further,all the committed free listings were charged,i filed complaint 3 times,everytime i got an reply that i will get an answer to my problems within 72 hrs maximum,but it seems i will get these after 72 days only....anyways,no more free listings no more tension...no more mental agony...this is the principal we are working on at present.we will not trust ur commitments any furthur.
thanks
amit uniyal
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

indianstyles
Community Member
hi
well i'm not all satisfied with this free listing and all as you people don't give any free listing every thing is chargesd rest i want you to recheck my invoice we are not making any profit as if we are earning for you please be clear in your words or let it be no free listing as we can mange it because of your announment i have uploaded all my listing as international now got big bill ???INVOICE somebody should see and correct it i'n not going to pay it if i hav eto pay 25000 to ebay i can open a new own site ..please keep this in mind and reduce fees as you people charge on card on final fee on toatl fee what is this fix somthing here bill more big than baazee not satisfied .............
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

aabavetal_in1
Community Member
Hi all,

We feel so pity that..Ebay had been cutting the commisiion even for fake orders,we already complained that.We didnt get fee credit yet.Before in Baazee.com that was an excellent platform..Now a days these guys dont look into the problems of the sellers.they just need the money,Whatever it is.I am desperated regarding this ebay platform. please help the sellers , Dont force us to change the platform.

Warm Regards

AABAV ETAl,Cochin
Message 8 of 39
latest reply

mumbaimantra
Community Member
Dear ALL,

At the end of the day we sellers feel that Ebay doesn’t care about it’s sellers, their main aim is just to exploit fees from sellers in one way or other. Ebay thinks all the sellers are earning millions by selling products on ebay, so paying few thousand extra to ebay would be piece of cake for them. But that is not the case. As per my experience at the end of the month our profit is meagre 50% of ebay fee (considering service charges of CC & OBT + 10% Service Tax). Now if ebay is asking us to pay fees before hand for incomplete deals I was not at all surprised, because that’s the motto of Ebay “ Exploitaion Of Sellers and Free Goodies To Attract New Buyers”.

By this time you all sellers must have real
Message 9 of 39
latest reply

mumbaimantra
Community Member
Dear ALL,

At the end of the day we sellers feel that Ebay doesn’t care about it’s sellers, their main aim is just to exploit fees from sellers in one way or other. Ebay thinks all the sellers are earning millions by selling products on ebay, so paying few thousand extra to ebay would be piece of cake for them. But that is not the case. As per my experience at the end of the month our profit is meagre 50% of ebay fee (considering service charges of CC & OBT + 10% Service Tax). Now if ebay is asking us to pay fees before hand for incomplete deals I was not at all surprised, because that’s the motto of Ebay “ Exploitaion Of Sellers and Free Goodies To Attract New Buyers”.

By this time you all sellers must have realised that selling on Ebay is a time consuming process & it is not as easy as it was with baazee. So our workload has gone up by 200%-300%. To reduce the workload I though I should keep all my products for only paisapay buyers so I do not have to waste time for UPI. But guess what ebay’s buying procedure is so intelligent that it doesn’t ask the buyer to select the payment method, in its first stage. And most of the buyers (That’s my experience) just disappear after that , they never go to the second stage. I really thing ebay thinks all sellers have plenty of time to waste on Ebay or as I said before all sellers are earning millions so they must be having employees to help them do the things on ebay.

Next innovative idea ebay (baazee) implemented is “Paisapay service charges will be inherent now”, by hiding the paisapay service charges from buyers & putting it on sellers head , they feel that buyer’s will be happy , and Seller’s they do not have right to be unhappy because they is no competition to ebay. So sellers do not have choice , they just have to bear with whatever rules ebay will force on them . The major disadvantage of this system was now buyers feel ebays prices are higher than local market. (5% fees+3% CC). So retaining a buyer has become very difficult now, Many of my buyers bluntly said to me on my Face “Ebay is not cost effective any more”. And that is true as face value has gone up. All of you just think “Will you go to a Petrol Pump who charges Rs. 49 per litre(as CC charges are inherent), or would you prefer to go to pump where Petrol is available at Rs. 44.50 as CC charges are applied only to CC buyers. So at the end of the day even offline buyers has to pay service charges for not having CC.

Another innovative idea of Ebays guys is they do have dropped Order Ids, They ask us to work with item ids. So now if we have to uniquely identify an order we have to combine Item id & Ebay Id. Which is again a tricky thing as a same buyer can order same item twice. So this system of identifying an unique order is not perfect.

Ebay is alive today because they do not have competition. And last but not the least “Ebay is Pathetic , Baazee was excellent”.

Thanks you all, if you have read all the above lines. I am closing my business on ebay as it is not worth investing time any more. So my advice to you all would be to write to rediff & indiatimes. Check out if you can sell on their sites or just get one 10 to 6 job, that will give you more money & peace of mind as well. (As your ebay business increase Ebay might ask you to pay 50k before hand for it’s invoice).

Regards And God Bless You All. (Rather God Saves You All, you know from whom).

Ketan S.
Message 10 of 39
latest reply