cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Managing Your Post Sales Process” - 30 June (12 – 1 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Some Sellers have expressed difficulty in understanding the post sales/ order management process at eBay. In this workshop we will take you through the Post sales Process and will try to clarify any questions that you might have regarding the same.

Date: Thursday 30th June
Time: 12.00 to 1.00 PM (IST)

You can submit your question now by clicking on Post reply button and the Workshop Host will try to answer the same during the workshop.

Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

jonathan_foru
Community Member
how do i sell my products?do i need to go and post the products just like a parcel-the way they handle in govt post offices.i would like to know more on how to advertise n sell it in "laymen language" pliz.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello All,

Welcome to the workshop on "Managing Your Post Sales Process".

Today we have Preeti from Seller marketing team to help you understand the activities you need to perform after you have received an order.

We love workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to make most of this time.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody

Welcome to today's workshop. I will be here for the next one hour and will take you all through some important steps you all should follow once you receive an order.

Please feel free to post your questions. I will be glad to respond to you all to the best of my ability.

Regards
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Lets start with the Post Sales Process,

Receiving Order Confirmations
Once you receive an order for your product on eBay there are a few things you should keep in mind to complete the transaction.

The buyer and seller receive an order confirmation at the end of the auction or when an order is placed in case of fixed price. The order confirmation mail includes the buyer and sellers complete contact details.

You also have a personal order management tool called My eBay that keeps track of all your buying and selling activity on the site.

To log onto your My eBay and check your eBay sales activity
- Click on the My eBay link present on the top of all eBay pages.
- Click on the All Selling link present in the left navigation bar to check your sales activity
- You will see all your order details in the Items I’ve Sold section
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Check orders/ Highest bidder

Once you receive an order you should send the buyer an invoice with the payment details. Sending these details to the buyer is just a click away.

- Go to your My eBay - Items I have sold section
- Click on View Payment Status under the Action dropdown
- Click on the Send information link
- Enter the relevant shipping details and click on the Send tab.

You will then see a confirmation from eBay stating "An email has been sent to the buyer requesting the total payment amount".
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Receiving Payments
You can receive payment online or offline.

Online Payments
If the buyer has selected to make an online payment you will see a PaisaPay confirmation code in your My eBay below the transaction details. This Paisapay Id will be highlighted with a yellow band.
At the same time the RS icon next to the transaction will be highlighted. This states that payment has been received and the seller can go ahead and ship the product to the buyer.

Note: The seller should ship the product only once the Paisapay Id reflects in his My eBay.

Visit: http://pages.ebay.in/ebayexplained/paisapay.html for more information on Paisapay.

Offline Payments
In case of offline payments the buyer will send the Cheque / Demand Draft or Money Order directly to the seller. On realization of payment the seller should ship the product to the buyer.

In case of cash on delivery it is always recommended to contact the buyer and confirm the order before shipping it.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Acknowledge Payment
Once the seller receives payment he should send the buyer an email acknowledging receipt of payment and informing the buyer of the date by when the product will be shipped.

Ship the product
Once the product has been shipped the seller should ensure to inform the buyer of the complete dispatch details i.e. the Name of the Courier Company, the Tracking Number and the Date of Dispatch.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Leave Feedback

Ratings play a significant role on eBay. It builds a users reputation on the site. On completion of the transaction ensure to leave feedback on the buyer.

To Leave Feedback

- Go to My eBay - Items I have sold
- Click on the Leave Feedback link below the Action dropdown" next to the transaction
- Select the type of Rating from Positive/ Neutral or Negative
- Enter your comments and click on the Leave Feedback tab

Visit http://pages.ebay.in/help/feedback/feedback.html for more information on Feedback.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Unpaid Item Process

In an instance where you have contacted the buyer and not received any response from the buyer you can follow the Unpaid Item Process and get a Final Value Fee credit.

To file an unpaid item dispute:
- Log onto your "My eBay"
- Click on Dispute Console on the left navigation bar
- Click on the Report an unpaid item link
- Enter the item number and click on continue
- Specify "Why are you reporting this unpaid item dispute" from the dropdown provided
- Mention the current status of the dispute from the dropdown and click on continue
- Click on "Send an the unpaid item reminder" tab

Tip: You can also file an unpaid item from your my eBay items I’ve sold section by clicking on the Report an unpaid item link in the dropdown below Action.

Visit http://pages.ebay.in/sellercentral/advanced-selling-promotebusiness-unpaiditems.html for more details on Unpaid Item.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 10 of 17
latest reply