SUDDEN CHANGE IN FEEDBACK CALCULATION???

rjpalace
Community Member
Hello,
WHen i started my ebay business i noticed that ebay never counted neutral feedbacks in % . But yesterday i was litrly shocked when i saw my feedback ratings to be 98% Positive????....with not a single negative feedback , Ebay is taking the neutral feedback by a seller in considration...i dont know what to do now??

Comments??
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

cosycom
Community Member
I am a Happy Seller due to New feedback system . I gained 18 more positive feedbacks overnight since they have added the feedback given from my repeat buyers .B-)

I think we should not be afraid of system as far as they are restricting buyers from posting negative or neutral feedbacks for 7 days allowing sellers to communicate with buyers and settle the matter .

In one of the threads Indraneel has assured this :
To avoid any casual/impulsive feedback from buyers we are putting a block of 7 days for buyer to leave a negative or neutral Feedback for PowerSellers who have been on site for at least 12 months. To ensure that the buyer communicates with the sellers before leaving a negative/neutral feedback we are modifying The Leave Feedback flow which will have an intermediary alert page to the buyers who want to leave a negative/neutral feedback for trivial reasons

At least power sellers should not complain anymore if this is true .

Narinder:-D
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Hi Indraneel and Narinder,

I have gained 53 positive feedbacks overnight due to the current changes but on the other hand my overall percentage reduced to 99.8% from 100%.

I had withdrawn my two negatives thru ODR (one of them by Paid Mediation) recently and was very happy to retain my 100% status. But my one neutral which I overlooked it gave me a painful experience.

Regards,

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

guptazmall
Community Member
Hello Mr. Narinder,
I donot agree with Mr. Indraneel about the 7 days period for power sellers. Today, I received a negative feedback from a buyer. According to the buyer he emailed me but there is no email from his side and no messages in my inbox in my messages, no communcation and straight away a negative and still
Should I believe in the 7 days grace period.
I DONOT THINK SO

SUDDENLY A 3% FALL IN MY FEEDBACK PERCENTAGE IS A SHOCK TO ME

I DONOT KNOW WHAT TO DO 😞

SHOULD I WAIT FOR ANOTHER 60 days time to see if I continue to be a power seller on ebay.in
Or should I STOP my hard work NOW!!

I APPEAL TO ALL MY FRIENDS

PLEASE HELP

Nidhi
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

indiashine
Community Member
BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK POLICY
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

rjpalace
Community Member
I have so upset now..one buyer left me negative .. just because he wanted refund and item both 😞 ... wake up ebay...Do something...We dont have mutual Removal Tool..What to do now..

This policy ruined the powerseller dream..

Hari
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

delhimall
Community Member
ALL MY TENURE AS A SELLER ON EBAY AND BAAZEE WE TRIED TO SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS OF BUYERS , WHEN THERE PROBLEMS WERE SOLVED THEY HAPPILY REMOVED THE FEEDBACK WHICH THEY HAD GIVEN, WE USED TO FEEL HAPPY THAT OUR FEEDBACK IMPROVED AND THE BUYER IS HAPPY TOO...

WITH THIS NEW FEEDBACK SYSTEM(AFTER REMOVAL OF MUTUAL FEEDBACK) THERE IS NO WAY A GIVEN FEEBACK CAN CHANGE AND THIS WILL REMOVE POWERSTATUS OF MOST SELLER SOON....

AND SOON CUSTOMERS WILL STOP PURCHASING FROM EBAY AS THEY WILL SEE LOT OF REDS WHICH IS A DETERENT TO MAKE A PURCHASE....

ADDING TO THIS SELLERS WILL ALSO STOP CALLING BUYERS FOR THERE PROBLEMS AS FEEDBACK CAN NEVER GO IN ANY CASE...

I DONT KNOW HOW EBAY CAN IMPLEMENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

THIS IS MY PROPOSAL HOW THIS CAN BE SORTED OUT EASILY IF EBAY IS LISTENING....

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MANDATORY FOR A BUYER TO SEND A MAIL TO THE SELLER BEFORE GIVING A FEEDBACK (MAY BE A WAITING PERIOD OF 10-15 DAYS) IF THE SELLER STILL DOES NOT RESPOND THE FEEDBACK SHOULD COME ALIVE ON THE SCORE TILL THEN ONLY SELLER COULD SEE IT AND NOT OTHER MEMBERS, SO THAT THERE IS A CHANCE GIVEN TO A SELLER TO CORRECT ANY THING WITH BUYER, MERELY WAITING PERIOD OF 7 DAYS DOES NOT SOLVE ANY THING AS THE SELLER DOES NOT KNOWS BEFORE HAND THAT A NEGATTIVE/NEUTRAL RATING IS COMING, AS PEOPLE IN INDIA DONT CALL BEFORE GIVING A BAD FEEDBACK AS PEOPLE IN USA.....

EBAY HAS TO IMPLEMENT THIS RULE AND .......THERE IS NO FLAW IN IT....

SUMANT CHOPRA
DELHIMALL
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Hello Fellow Ebayers,

Ebay has Changed Feedback Policy from June in which seller cannot leave Negative or Neutral Feedback to a buyer. What a funny change, just today we have been the victim of this change for no fault of us.

Item No: 360052266292
Buyer : shelitaj2317

Buyer Purchased this item and we sent Payment information on 17th May. Buyer didnot paid. We opened Unpaid item dispute to get back our Ebay Fees. Buyer replied - he will pay after some days, sought apology. We waited,closed the dispute and Final Value Fees is granted. Now buyer has given Neutral Feedback with remarks " didn't purchase."

All communications are presnt in Ebay Dispute console which shows buyer has purchased.

We cannot leave Negative or Neutral.

New Ebay Policy explains :

"Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers."

"BUYERS SHOULD LEAVE HONEST FEEDBACK WITHOUT THE FEAR OF RECEIVING NEGATIVE OR NEUTRAL RATINGS."

Giving this weapon to buyer to leave Feedback without fear has utilised by this buyer in a gross unjustifiable manner with absolutely no fault of us.

We want this 100% wrong Feedback to be withdrawn as these type of Feedbacks affects our credibility.

Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Ebay ID : Sitare_Jewels
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
Dear sellers,

I too have suffered due to this feedback policy due to a buyer's leaving me a negative just because of a courier delay and he said item wasn't received. All other buyers speak very positively about me. Am sad that many other satisfied buyers who confirmed they were happy with their products never left any feedback. I noticed over the last year that around 40% of buyer leave no feedback whatsoever. And among the few who do there are some few black sheep who just want to make the seller suffer.

I suggest that if eBay doesn't listen to us, we all decide to shut our shops on eBay indefinitely till eBay listens to us. The only way to make large corporations listen to small sellers like us is by stopping the flow of money to them. We should communicate to eBay before this drastic step, but in case they don't listen within a month we should start this strike. Kindly pass on this info to all sellers you know on eBay.

Best regards,

Ricardo Ribeiro (goadigital)
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
One thing where I feel eBay failed to inform (alert) the sellers about the impact of the new policy is the Neutrals being counted as -ve in feedback calculation.

While personally I feel that It is justified as the feedback score and percentage should determine the % of +ve feedback only. But we never bothered much abt a Neutral comment on eBay. Has we known earlier about this calculation we would have used ORD and other means more actively to remove the neutrals before the new policy was implemented.

I also feel that the seller experience could have been improved with statistics and consultation before the policy implementation, just like eBay execs did before the Listing Fees implementation.

Regards

TechiE

TechiE
Message 19 of 19
latest reply