cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODR India will not be accepted from 19th May 2008

assemblerz
Community Member
http://pages.ebay.in/services/forum/new.html

May I still use online dispute services like ODR India, SquareTrade or NetNeutrals to have negative Feedback removed?

eBay will no longer accept Feedback removal requests from ODR India, SquareTrade or NetNeutrals, even when both buyers and sellers agree to have the Feedback removed.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200805.shtml#2008-05-08130956

We mentioned that we'd be aligning the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process with the new system. After much consideration, we've made the decision to remove the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process. The reason is that – under the new rules - it opens sellers up to extortion. As part of this decision, Mutual Agreement from third-party Feedback mediation services, such as ODR India SquareTrade, will also no longer be accepted.
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Deep (shree_krishna_gems),

eBay will suspend the buyers who register accounts just to leave negatives/ neutrals and remove the negatives/ neutrals (not just de-score). This would be a very exceptional behaviour and it would be pretty easy to spot a buyer as malicious as this and remove their negatives.

In cases where buyers respond to the UPI process but never makes the payment and use abusive language, the sellers can report the buyer to eBay and necesary actions will surely be taken.

Needless to say that, we are committed to removing as many loopholes as possible and on a site where thousands of transactions take place daily and we would like to assure you again that the processes that we have put in place will protect the great majority of sellers from feedback abuse in the great majority of situations.

Please feel free to let me know if there are any further concerns you think requires clarification and I'd be happy to provide an update on the same :-).

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 51 of 69
latest reply

selling24x7
Community Member
Deepji you are right "What if a person create a new id with intention to spoil the reputation of seller and buy/bid on a item and then provide with Negative feedback."

The competition has been so nasty here that we have seen many such unethical practices in the past and sellers have been sniped off eBay ...

Indraneel the problem here is that Sellers DON'T TRUST eBAY! Thats is because we have had horrible experiences in the past.

Rgds

SAPL
Message 52 of 69
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear assemblerz,

Thank you for highlighting your concerns.

We define genuine sellers based on their past history on eBay such as Feedback score, Time since registered, Positive Feedback Percentage, DSR ratings, Quality listings with no or few policy violations etc. which defines the credibility of a seller.

We understand that your concern regarding the VAT issue is valid and we are trying different ways to ensure that sellers either don't charge VAT or if they charge they provide proper invoices. As an initiative in this regard we have been identifying the sellers who are charging VAT and communicating with them proactively to either provide proper invoices if they are charging VAT or not to charge the same.

Another initiative which has seen a major reduction in the number of sellers charging VAT is the new policy that we rolled out as mentioned in the earlier announcement and let me assure you that there has been a significant drop in the same.

I hope that this was informative and that i was able to address your concerns.

Keep posting!!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 53 of 69
latest reply

niceshop4u
Community Member
Dear Mr Indraneel,

I must say, you are very good at seller's response. I appriciate your Answer and this is not copy n paste i suppose to.

What My intesion was to give idea, that How Seller or buyer can be treaten by this new policies badly. But I think this will Work more better then old policy. You need to send us this email by very earlier without that old copy n paste stuff.

As My Concern is not yet Solved, but it will help me to understand with this new policy.

I really appriciate your understanding and answer with clearification.

Kind Regards,
Chinmay Tripathi
Message 54 of 69
latest reply

nilezone
Community Member
Hello Indraneel,
It is regarding Ebay's new feedback policy. I really appriciate your efforts and the policy is good for buyers and sellers. But you should not remove the mutual feedback withdrwal policy since seller can not leave negative feedback but when we are selling more items sometimes we can not control with shipping company's errors or other small problems from buyer's or sellers side (human errors) which will put sellers in problem and hard working sellers like us have greater losses from even single nagative feedback and ruin our business. Already ebay india has been very competative because of more than 8% fees (ebay+paisapay) and we can not sell branded stuff for the same reason as well as listing fees. I think most of sellers will vanish from ebay for this reason.

Please take my suggestion for not removing mutual feedback withdrwal from ebay because it will help to correct human mistakes or misunderstanding and remember feedback will be removed when buyer agrees for that and since seller can not put up negative feedback there wont be tit for tat thing.

regards
Message 55 of 69
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello nilezone,

Thank you for appreciating our efforts and the new Feedback policy.

The intent to remove Mutual feedback withdrawal was to prevent extortion from the buyers as buyers leave negative first, then removes once satisfied. Also, leaving the possibility of Feedback withdrawal leaves buyers open to possible harassment and/or unwanted contacts by sellers attempting to have the buyer change the Feedback.

We understand that this tool was efficient in some aspects and we are making sure that we cover the same through new processes. To avoid any casual/impulsive feedback from buyers we are putting a block of 7 days for buyer to leave a negative or neutral Feedback for PowerSellers who have been on site for at least 12 months. To ensure that the buyer communicates with the sellers before leaving a negative/neutral feedback we are modifying The Leave Feedback flow which will have an intermediary alert page to the buyers who want to leave a negative/neutral feedback for trivial reasons. We hope that this would make them think twice and communicate with seller regarding their discomfort before leaving the same. We also noticed that Hitesh (runalaila_in1) & Ankur (techniwas) highlighted that there should be a mechanism where buyers should be able to voluntarily remove the feedback left them and we have started exploring the same and will update the community if we find the feasibility of the same.

Regarding eBay Fees, I'll surely ensure that your comments on the eBay fees are being reported to the team and we hope to fulfil our community's expectations on the same soon :-).

Hope the above information was useful and satisfactory!

keep posting!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 56 of 69
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
How many buyers / Sellers have used the FOLLOW UP COMMENT to feedback?>?

What is the weightage of a follow up comment in TnS actions?

Can eBay send request emails / messages to members to post Followup Comments for -ve feedbacks they have left?

How about taking off Positive Feedback aswell for buyers, Let sellers judge them on comments left by others?

There is a lot more to think on the entire issue, And the last i would like to add: Did eBay consult/debate the Community to propose the changes?

:)

TechiE
Message 57 of 69
latest reply

esmartbazaar
Community Member
Hello Indraneel ,

Its good to hear from your side .

Personally i an strongly in favour of MFW and ODRinda to stay .

To understand this new feedback system , i would like to know what will be the response from ebay team that will look after feedback issues in the case below , this case is a real case that happened 15 days back with us .

A buyer purchased a lighter from us , we dispatched it on time , he received it in good condition , still he gave negative feedback to us stating - The product does not have a user manual with it .

A product like a lighter does not have user manual .

On contacting the buyer , in 3 minutes he agreed to remove the feedback given , we sent him MFW request with in a day the rating was withdrawn and case resolved .

Now how such a case would be tackled in the new feedback system . You can say that there will be notification to the buyers before leaving feedback to communicate with the seller, but there are buyers who dont read the item description and there will always be buyers who will just click next and give Negative feedback , how this new feedback system tackle such a case ?

Regards,
Nitin
Message 58 of 69
latest reply

kabirimpex
Community Member
Hi, Indraneel

As said by you “As mentioned earlier, the new system is designed to discourage mistakes. We truly believe that in the new system, genuine sellers will not be adversely impacted.

Pls let me know one thing you guys as a product team have never ever done any mistakes or errors , or can you can guarantee Us ( here Us stands ebay sellers) that you and your team will never ever do any mistakes , I know it is really difficult to say yes , then why do you over expect from the sellers.

Why make sellers life HELL.

We just need ODR and MFW Support, pls don’t withdraw it

Message 59 of 69
latest reply

We are extremely interested to hear Indraneel's comments on the case put forward by esmartbazaar

So Indraneel, how would your team handle it under the new system? We are all looking forward to hear from you on this.
Message 60 of 69
latest reply