cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODR India will not be accepted from 19th May 2008

assemblerz
Community Member
http://pages.ebay.in/services/forum/new.html

May I still use online dispute services like ODR India, SquareTrade or NetNeutrals to have negative Feedback removed?

eBay will no longer accept Feedback removal requests from ODR India, SquareTrade or NetNeutrals, even when both buyers and sellers agree to have the Feedback removed.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200805.shtml#2008-05-08130956

We mentioned that we'd be aligning the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process with the new system. After much consideration, we've made the decision to remove the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process. The reason is that – under the new rules - it opens sellers up to extortion. As part of this decision, Mutual Agreement from third-party Feedback mediation services, such as ODR India SquareTrade, will also no longer be accepted.
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

niceshop4u
Community Member
Dear Sellers,

What I suggest is, Visit eBay when ever policy will announce, and clear your doubts after talking with policy issuer. After all its some how make good effects on our sells as well.

I understand this policy clearly from Mr. Indraneel and Mr. Vidmay personally at 15th May 2008, and Now I am clear with this policy, Its some how makes impact on ODR and Mutual Withdrawn feedback as we are use to do, but what i got is, the sell will be more secure with this policy, as we will be having good tools to prevent negative and fraud buyers.

And let’s hope, eBay will give us, what they wanted to give us by this policy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Chinmay Tripathi
Message 61 of 69
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Nitin (esmartbazaar),

We understand that this is an interesting but unfortunate experience that happened to you. As mentioned earlier we are committed to removing as many loopholes as possible and here's what we would do to take care of such cases.

If the dissatisfaction in the feedback comments are genuine then the feedback and comments would remain. However, in such exceptional and specific cases I'd request sellers to kindly report the same for our team to review and we will surely take appropriate actions.

Having said the above, we encourage our sellers to be more crisp and clear in their item descriptions as scenarios where buyers demand other than what was clearly communicated & mentioned in the Item description, expecting a 24 hour delivery, etc. we will ensure that necessary actions are taken against these buyers.

Hope the above information was useful to all and that this will give you better understanding of the way the new feedback system will protect our sellers :-).

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 62 of 69
latest reply

niceshop4u
Community Member
I agree with MR N K G.

As I also lost 3000 Rs by Mr. Ravi, when it was bazee.com time. But now time is diff. As if eBay is thinking on his way for policy issues, then it might be correct.

We don’t have any choices rather then accept it.

As I think, eBay gives us a good platform all the times, and always protect from buyers or sellers, so this time it will be a new creation as well. Let’s hope for the best. And just think that you are working with a BIG banner. As I visited India times yesterday, I was shocked when I asked to his Sales Manager (E-Comm.) about ODR. He did not even know about ODR and any of medicator services. Even thou every time every site is taking 1 week of time to upload the product on internet for checking all the correct matters from gave CD or CSV files. EBay is only one item who is giving instant uploading option of Ur listings. EBay is only one portal who gives buyer's Protection and Seller's Dispute Tools.

I worked with more then 30 Indian sites, no one is giving me this facilities. So just try to trust m may be we will be use to with this policy.

So just think that you are working with a very High Technology platform, so it will be a good for us to make good business. At least we can try to build a business rather then leaving eBay for only policy issues?

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Chinmay Tripathi

| | N I C E S H O P 4 U | |
Message 63 of 69
latest reply

o summarize Indraneel's reply:

"Oh, we can't do anything. It's your bad luck"
Message 64 of 69
latest reply

kabirimpex
Community Member

A small suggestion if you guys consider, I hope all sellers would be really happy worldwide

Like it was done in Baazee time (later stages) not to make the –ve feedback public till 7 days, and give seller time to resolve the issue, and I think personally it was a great success and most of the problems were resolved between buyer and seller during 7 days and if even during the stipulated time period the problem is not resolved then –ve can be visible publicly on the seller feedback page.

Think over the point and I am sure everybody would love the idea !!!

Message 65 of 69
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
Really appriciate kabir's suggestion!!:-x
But dont think that anybody here would give it a chance.
Message 66 of 69
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Good Suggestion Kabir !
But it is next to impossible for eBay to accept it ! 😉
Message 67 of 69
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
The ODR India website says:
Announcements
Attention EBAY INDIA MEMBERS

All transactions on or before 20th MAY 2008 are eligible for ODR INDIA feedback mediation.

Free Feedback mediation is offered for POWERSELLERS and PaisaPay Transactions COMPLETED AFTER after 00:00 IST on 10th Dec, 07

Whats the use if the final outcome is not going to be accepted by ebay?
Message 68 of 69
latest reply

Hello Indraneel,

Thak you for your reply.

We have just noticed the maximum we can block is a buyer with a minimum of 4 policy violations in the past 6 months?

What's the use of this? Why can't we choose to block a buyer with 2 policy violations in the past 6 months or past 12 months? Especially when you are measuring sellers for past 12 months performance, why not buyers?
Message 69 of 69
latest reply