cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Importer Exporter Code Number' HOW TO APPLY; SOLVED!!! CHEERS!!!

akshaye1982
Community Member
The following instructions are to be followed while filling-in the application form for the grant of Importer-Exporter Code Number.

STEP 1:

Goto: http://www.ap.nic.in/jdgft/iec.htm

Costs Rs. 1,000 only by DD + Rs 50 (max) for postage stamp. Please do not go to a broker and land up paying 10 grand for this job :-p. Turn around time is about 3-5 weekdays :-D.

STEP 2:

Prepare your documents. Make a checklist of required documents (there are 3-4 options, selects what may best suit you). Goto your Chartered Accountant :-x and he will process the legalities as far as agreements/ taxation/ current account number/ PAN no. (company PAN number necessary) etc. Approx. cost you Rs. 2000 or less excl the bank deposit (a/c opening). The whole process can be complete within 2 weeks ;-).

STEP 3:

Download the IEC form here http://www.ap.nic.in/jdgft/downloads_new.htm

STEP 4:

Prepare a DD of Rs. 1,000.

Read the application form instructions carefully. attach photographs and relevant documents. Sign each page of the appl form.

A self addressed stamped envelope for dispatching of the IEC by Speed Post.

Other imp resources: http://dgftcom.nic.in/exim/2000/indexapp.htm

LICENSING AUTHORIY IN BANGALORE (KAR JURISDICTION)
;\ Address of The Joint Director General of Foreign Trade,C & E Wing, 6th Floor, Kendriya Sadan, 7th Main, Road II Block, Koramangala,2nd Block Bangalore 560034 Tel:080-5537213/14/15Fax:080-5537214E-Mail bngdgft@kar.nic.in

DISCLAIMER - I am new to eBay and did not find any relevant information on the community board. This is extract is research on the relevant websites and a short chat with my CA. This is the correct procedure however I am yet to apply for this myself. But then I am not willing to get conned by agents for 9 Grand when I can do the job my friendly CA and myself. At last, if you have a more detailed guide, which I will post after I receive my IEC number, please don’t hesitate to share it with the community. Other users of my guide please follow these instructions unless you have a better source. I will vet your comments for improving this GUIDE for future entrepreneurs. Unless I give a go ahead please do not follow another thread. PEACE! ?:|

Good luck and have fun. B-)
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

vismat_mega_store
Community Member
To all those who want to apply for IEC, no need to pay agents any money. I applied it myself online and got in 4 days by just paying a fee of RS 250.

Now what all you have to do.

Vist DGFT website and apply online. There is a help link, use that all the instructions are there, Follow these procedures and apply.

Now the only part is that size of the documents scanned. Stuff like banker's certifcate, NOC etc have to be in a particular size, now of any of you finding a problem in size of a PDF as it is large so here is a solution.
To decrease the size of the PDF you need to re make the safe PDF again with the help of this free software called as PDF creator. This will do all you need.

If you still have any issues, Do not hesitate to contact me, I will help till whatever I can.

Regards,
Jayy
Message 41 of 45
latest reply

polycelldhaval
Community Member
We offer quick and easy way to get IEC, contact us at vpplast@gmail.com
Message 42 of 45
latest reply

Getting IEC is easy as breeze but before that you must have a TIN number and PAN number! Go to your DGFT office and meet the PRO there. In general they are very helpful people. Fee is only Rs.250/- and there is no scope for bribes. do not pay a single paisa to anyone. Avoid middlemen.
GET CST and VAT registration get IEC and breathe easy.
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

worldgadgetstore
Community Member
Hi akshaye,

I am from Goa, and was thinking of starting dropshipping on ebay india, I am new and I dont pay any sales tax , VAt etc, what steps should I take to start a dropship business on ebay India. the dropship will be from china..

PLZ HELP!!!
Message 44 of 45
latest reply

amruthaagencies
Community Member
I had applied online IEC on Jan 1st and couriered documents on 04/01/2013 in how many days i will get IEC

Pls kindly inform..
Message 45 of 45
latest reply