manojdewan
Community Member
Hello Everyone
I bought AT&T HTC ONE X BLACK from ebay on 19-12-12
It had the following issues :

1.The Phone's speakers weren't working
2. LED Indicators were also not working
3. IMEI on the phone and box were different
So, I contacted seller through phone as soon as I discovered these issues.
He acknowledged my request and was willing to take the item backed. Since we both were from the same state, he wanted to do a hand in hand deal but I insisted to use eBay.
I currently use 2 eBay ID's, one is this one, and the other one is muditdewann13
This is a relatively new ID but the other one has over 50 feedback's and all POSITIVE
So, after raising a claim against the seller, I got a call back from eBay within 1 week and i was told to ship the item back to him.
Since I have shipped many items before, I tried my best to pack this one too
The seller had just sent the item in its packaging box, i.e just the htc one x box and nothing else, I used Two Cardboard boxes, with an adequate amount of protection between the two so that nothing happens in-transit. I went to DTDC's office, used their EXPRESS DELIVERY option, i.e ZONAL PLUS, and even insured the parcel, so that the item reaches the seller in best possible condition.
So, the next day I called seller to ask whether he had received the item or not, to which he said yes, and just disconnected, after that he sent me a text that he is out of station. Till then I was pretty happy, as everything was going on well

But then the other day, I received call from ebay claims department that seller received a broken product, which is obviously not possible since i shipped the item in best possible packaging, and i know how to pack phones well since i have shipped phones in past, you can check my feedback too on muditdewann13
Now its been over a week and the CLAIM is still open.
I just want to know whose side will eBay take in this matter, as I am really really disappointed with all that has happened.
I have been using ebay for a long time and this is the first ugly incident, and I know, that I did not do anything wrong.
And the item had costed me 18930, and that is a lot of money for me, and I am still panicked about the fact that whether I will get my money back or not, since money has been deducted and even the item is with seller.
I have a strong feeling that seller would have purposely broken the item since the item had major issues and would have costed him a lot of money to repair them.
So how is this buyer guarantee program going to work now?
Are there any odds of case ending in my favour?
PLEASE ADVICE, PLEASE...
I really need some help.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0