cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Importer Exporter Code Number' HOW TO APPLY; SOLVED!!! CHEERS!!!

akshaye1982
Community Member
The following instructions are to be followed while filling-in the application form for the grant of Importer-Exporter Code Number.

STEP 1:

Goto: http://www.ap.nic.in/jdgft/iec.htm

Costs Rs. 1,000 only by DD + Rs 50 (max) for postage stamp. Please do not go to a broker and land up paying 10 grand for this job :-p. Turn around time is about 3-5 weekdays :-D.

STEP 2:

Prepare your documents. Make a checklist of required documents (there are 3-4 options, selects what may best suit you). Goto your Chartered Accountant :-x and he will process the legalities as far as agreements/ taxation/ current account number/ PAN no. (company PAN number necessary) etc. Approx. cost you Rs. 2000 or less excl the bank deposit (a/c opening). The whole process can be complete within 2 weeks ;-).

STEP 3:

Download the IEC form here http://www.ap.nic.in/jdgft/downloads_new.htm

STEP 4:

Prepare a DD of Rs. 1,000.

Read the application form instructions carefully. attach photographs and relevant documents. Sign each page of the appl form.

A self addressed stamped envelope for dispatching of the IEC by Speed Post.

Other imp resources: http://dgftcom.nic.in/exim/2000/indexapp.htm

LICENSING AUTHORIY IN BANGALORE (KAR JURISDICTION)
;\ Address of The Joint Director General of Foreign Trade,C & E Wing, 6th Floor, Kendriya Sadan, 7th Main, Road II Block, Koramangala,2nd Block Bangalore 560034 Tel:080-5537213/14/15Fax:080-5537214E-Mail bngdgft@kar.nic.in

DISCLAIMER - I am new to eBay and did not find any relevant information on the community board. This is extract is research on the relevant websites and a short chat with my CA. This is the correct procedure however I am yet to apply for this myself. But then I am not willing to get conned by agents for 9 Grand when I can do the job my friendly CA and myself. At last, if you have a more detailed guide, which I will post after I receive my IEC number, please don’t hesitate to share it with the community. Other users of my guide please follow these instructions unless you have a better source. I will vet your comments for improving this GUIDE for future entrepreneurs. Unless I give a go ahead please do not follow another thread. PEACE! ?:|

Good luck and have fun. B-)
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

nkrohini_123
Community Member
Hi, Nice info! Thanks!! Even I have plans to get an IEC code.All the best in your venture!!!
Message 31 of 45
latest reply

shubhkriti1986
Community Member
hi akshaye,

thanks for the info.

Just wanted to know somethings.

We are selling religious items and locally they are not taxable but i think we still have to take VAT.

For selling internationally do we have to take IEC and can we accept payment through paypal or we have use some bank.

Also what else registrations do we require.

Thanks
Message 32 of 45
latest reply

rajesh89mittal
Community Member
hello,
i had applied for IEC code and the letter has been dispatched but i did not get it till and my import consignment is waiting for delivery at the port, is there any way i can get the IEC code with my firm name online, so that i can move forward with the process. hope you will reply
Message 33 of 45
latest reply

rajatheeraja
Community Member
Only Idiots and Fools will sell products in Ebay.in
Message 34 of 45
latest reply

rajatheeraja
Community Member
Only Idiots and Fools will sell products in Ebay.in
Message 35 of 45
latest reply

iphones_4u
Community Member
I am a UK powerseller and wanted to sell items on ebay india, but unfortunately you have to have a Indian bank account to sell on this site. Some people also said that the import tax was high.
Message 36 of 45
latest reply

vismat_mega_store
Community Member
Do we need TIN or sales tax number for getting IEC code???
Message 37 of 45
latest reply

sharma.ankita
Community Member
Hi

I want to know about the registration procedure for the ebay Germany how to get register on that and what are the charges,protocols,policies and how to sell or promote the jewelry product on ebay.

Please reply asap
Message 38 of 45
latest reply

jananibarath
Community Member
You can use the services of www.importexportcode.in - they are fast and reliable. They also have extensive knowledge on all aspects of exports and can help you establish you export business
Message 39 of 45
latest reply

jananibarath
Community Member
www.importexportcode.in is an agency to get all required licenses to run and export business. You can get IEC, VAT etc and also learn How to Export from India and How to Import to India
Message 40 of 45
latest reply