cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PayPal Notification: Reversed Transaction

stylish_india
Community Member
I got this shocking mail from paypal and my hard earned money is back in my buyer's paypal a/c .. this email states :
Your payment of 144 USD has been sent back to the sender of the payment.

We reversed this payment because we have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, and not a personal payment, then you may contact the buyer and have him or her resend the payment as follows: (a) click the Send Money tab, (b) select "Goods," and (c) provide a shipping address.

If this payment was a personal payment such as a gift, then we have requested that the sender find another payment method until we restore personal payments to and from India.

We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
PayPal

There was two mail till now - one is of 144 4USD and another is of 148 USD

My question here is - Is the buyer going to pay me again - specially when I have shipped the product and he has got the product ?? Why will he pay me now ?? Uski to party ho gayi but what about me and my all hard earned money ?? I don't understand why paypal is calling my payment as a personal payment while my account is premier paypal a/c - paypal cuts the fee even if we get 1 Usd ..
Paypal should have atleast asked for the tracking information, tracking numbers and in this way should have given back my hard earned money. I am really upset with all this and want to know -- are there any other user who is also suffering from this same thing ?? What are the views of other users on this. There was no announcement from paypal regarding this and all of a sudden this type of mail and the deduction of money from paypal a/c ... this is really really disturbing.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Sellers,

Please find below a message from Farhad Irani, Head-PayPal, Asia Pacific Region.

Hi. My name is Farhad Irani and I lead the PayPal business in Asia Pacific. As the leader of PayPalโ€™s business in the region and as a fellow Indian, I want you to know that we are sparing no effort in ensuring that the present day inconvenience in not being able to process the bank withdrawal functionality in India for sellers is quickly and completely addressed. This is the single most important item for me and my management team. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience you must be facing.

Iโ€™d like to let everyone know that Iโ€™m personally committed to working closely and tirelessly with the Reserve Bank of India to get a fast resolution to this issue, so that we can continue to help the thousands of Indian businesses who use PayPal to sell their goods or services in the global marketplace. India is a very special market for me and your continued success is very precious to us.

We were hoping that our merchant customers would be able to start withdrawing their funds at their local bank by today, but it looks like this will still take some more time. I understand your frustration and want to let you know that we are doing everything we can to free your funds.

It has always been possible for sellers to request a check or withdraw funds to a credit card, and these options are still available from the Withdraw Money tab of your PayPal account. If you donโ€™t have a credit card attached to your PayPal account now, you can add one under the Profile section of your PayPal account. Before asking for a credit card withdrawal, please check with your card issuing bank to ensure that they can process it.

It usually takes five to seven working days for you to receive a check when you request a check withdrawal and PayPal normally charges a five USD fee. We are trying our best to help sellers during this difficult time and therefore will refund the check withdrawal fee back to your PayPal account within a week. I appreciate that this is not ideal, but please bear with us.

Iโ€™d like to let you know that Iโ€™m listening to your concerns. This is my direct PayPal email address: Farhad@paypal.com. Feel free to send me an email.

Farhad

Message 61 of 65
latest reply

everything4u84
Community Member
Hello,
Thankyou sushant for this post, however I want to know wht does merchant account means?
Does it mean sellers who are selling on eBay and using Paypal?

Regards,
Priya.
Message 62 of 65
latest reply

Dear Mr. Sushant,

Thanks for pasting the letter from Farhad Irani.

However, had Mr. Farhad Irani been more proactive and sincere towards this issue, he would have issued this email to all PayPal users on 27th January. His email is nothing more than a placebo.

He mentions that it may take 7 to 10 days to receive a cheque. This is totally misguiding statement as it is mentioned on PayPal website that they will take 5 to 7 days to just issue the cheque. And the cheque would be "mailed" not "couriered".

Mr. Irani hasn't mentioned whether PayPal has done some arrangement to ship the cheques faster via some reputed courier company. Ideally, in this type of situations, PayPal should tie up with a courier company and ship the cheques to their office in batches as they receive the request from the customers and the courier company will then deliver locally to Indian customers.

Here is how it should work:

1. PayPal should tie up with Blue Dart / DHL / DTDC etc
2. Then they should Inform all the users to ask for cheque (check)
3. Upon receiving the request from the users all over India, PayPal would then process the cheques in bulk and define the fixed shipping dates.
4. PayPal will then prepare the cheques and send them in bulk to a local office of the courier company with whom it has tied up.
5. The courier company receives the cheques in bulk and then re-ship them to the individual PayPal users.
6. The courier company provides the tracking number of each individual user to PayPal to ensure that they have shipped.
7. All are happy.

The above method is fast, efficient and economical.

Unfortunately, PayPal's management is either unable to think about simple solutions or they really don't care to resolve the situation.

What do you say, Sushant?

Kind Regards,
real.phoenix
Message 63 of 65
latest reply

Just had a talk with ICICI bank customer care and they said that it is not possible to transfer the funds from PayPal to the ICICI credit card (Visa card)

Mr. Irani is unaware of this too.

WHAT SHALL WE DO NOW?
Message 64 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
I agree with real.phoenix -- infact all sellers here reading this thread will agree

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 65 of 65
latest reply