Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing, 27th Apr 5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing for an online discussion on marketing initiatives of eBay India. Rathin will update the members on the impact of various marketing initiatives that were undertaken in past 5 months. He will be also happy to answer questions if any.

Rathin will be available on this thread on Friday, the 27th of April, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply link on top of the thread.

See you on the 27th at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

satish46203blue
Community Member
Dear Sir
I sam new user of your site ebay.in. of one month later. my name is Satish Shakya. my question is if I purchse any sysytem of your site and i get th sysytem from courier and he damage from send your courier so
what option of money refund and where I claim of my sysytem.
how many branch of your site in Madhya Pradesh.
Message 11 of 69
latest reply

sisirbanerjee
Community Member
We are a company with 50 crore turnover and a part of a 2000 crore autocomoponent major. We are into car accessories and spare parts .I .would like to get our company products into e-bay. The products are priced very competitively. Can you suggest how to do the same.
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

tsiva_4
Community Member
Hai. I am one of the new members of ebay. What kind of things I can buy/sell though ebay? What is the procedure for buying things and what is the procedure for selling things?
Message 13 of 69
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hello Rathin,

Most of the buyers are new and the sales are quite improved.. I liked the Cricket Mania Promotion and also the Markdown Manager, Its really a great tool to have..

I am a one of the subscriber of a technology magazine, In that magazine, there will be Patron code. Like for 1 purchase of magazine, readers will get a 30 points. And you can redeem it and get a gift. Similar to that, eBay can work on it.

I am very happy to see the SMS Promotion of Ipods. There will be a lot of buyers if these type of promotions gets continued. I am even looking forward to see eBay ads on TV and hopefully it will happen soon.

Also regarding the Power Seller Packing material.. Kindly send it once in month. Those labels and tapes gets over very soon. I feel its a good promotion for eBay as well as the seller.

Hope eBay.in will come with a nice promotion which helps the sellers a lot. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 14 of 69
latest reply

dear rathin
even after new structure of eBay listing fee one you keep remain as it is
first you was charging gallery image fee and after new structure of fee you make it free
but still today thumbnail image of shop inventory dont desplay in search page even if seller select gallery image
you only display image if buyer go to his shop
i dont understand what reason behind it
this type of display gives very bad experience to buyer
every company of net seller provide thumbnail image
within 5 months i buy 3 watch for my friend but not from eBay but from rediff because in eBay time waste 5 times more to search item
if we don't find item from gallery image and we have to open every page and when we open page found that this watch is useless so open another page
so request you display thumbnail of shop inventory also to attract more buyer so buyer who have limited time can find his useful item for him and for that he don't have to open every page
Message 15 of 69
latest reply

bigbansals
Community Member
Hello,

First gift i recd from eBay after 17 months, i.e cricket ball signed by mandira bedi & 100 yrs of cricket mania cds. Loved it, thanks but send more often ๐Ÿ™‚

Now my question & concern is with marketing internationally?

I only sell on eBay.in but like 2 expand, coz i feel my products will be more loved by international customers, i dont think international customers search on ebay.in, i think all indian sellers are loosing out more opportunities to trade globally.

For now do you suggest me choosing worldwide shipping option for all my listings or will i get more traffic by listing seperately on ebay.com / co.uk ?

I hope you will have some space to add this in your agenda.

Thanks & Good Luck
Gautam Kumar
Message 16 of 69
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear Mr.Rathin,

Many thanks to eBay India Marketing team for help boosting customers in the past and in the future as well.

I have been selling from eBay past 1 1/2 years. I worked hard to achieve good feedback scores and each customer is happy. I had 40% repeat customers each month, i can proudly say that. But unfortunately after the new listing fees policy is introduced, everything is upside down now from past 3 weeks, kindly read my thread. It is like a Bay is silent after a Tsunami.

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600001745&tstart=0&mod=1177320603689

I would like you to reconsider the new fees policy for a while. As i supported before i don't mind paying fees if i make profit. I supported limiting duplicate listing, also Gallery fees introduced later, because many sellers misused the privileges. Definitely our sales got boosted when gallery fees introduced because of good visibility for genuine sellers. We had very very good times in the month of Aug 06 - till Mar 07. I have started with 15 products in Feb 2006 and now i have 250 products now. It is unfortunate that from 3 weeks the sales is so low after the new listing fees policy. eBay fees is going up drastically without much sales. We have no profit. Please do something to get us back our customers.

Probably people are not getting much choice now a days, because of new policy. Please think in the point of eBay as "Super Market" model. If shop size is small choice is less, less people visit the Mall. If the mall is huge, people will have confidence that they can get what they are looking for, and they come forward to look for things. So they need varieties and should be huge to make a choice. If you limit the choice obviously they donโ€™t feel excitement in shopping eBay.

Next is targeting customers via FM Radio. Because many people get stuck in Traffic each day while going to work as well while coming back from work as well. So it is a good media to advertise.

You can also send "No Parking infront of gate" boards with eBay logo as a promotion to PowerSellers and genuine customers. So it will be hanged in front of each house where they donโ€™t like others parking in front of their gate, it will be a most read sign boards than a professional bill boards I can say. For example in Bangalore Sulekha.com, a real estate website is giving such boards and it has become part of Bangalore life.

Let us hope for a good sales soon !!!

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 17 of 69
latest reply

bparekh_in
Community Member
I was purchase SONY 512 MB DIGITAL MP3, MP4 PLAYER WITH 1.3 MP CAMERA (160101641670) from pily world, i already pay for this product, yet i not receive my product. plz give me some positive replay. this my 5 mail to you and pilyarts@rediffmail.com but they are not given me any positive reply. pls help us to receive my product or money
Message 18 of 69
latest reply

glorygalaxy
Community Member
Dear Rathin,

Regards,

I want to bring home only one point in short for your perusal. This remains a fact that e trade in India is not fully developed as yet. Ebay is surely the leader in e trade in India as of now. It is very pertinent to note that every listing made on site does not culminate in a sell. That being so, how far is your new policy of listing charges viable / sensible / practical ?
This will fade away the sellers from the site with losses. Yes, probably the old ones and give way to the new sellers to come in and make losses too.
Please consider revising. It is in mutual interest.

Greetings,

Mrs. Chetna Chatpar (glorygalaxy)
Message 19 of 69
latest reply

Hi,

We are not sure if you are the person whom this issue should be addressed to but as there is no way for us sellers to contact the higher hierarchy in eBay we are addressing it to you.

Now in the past few weeks we have had a series of High Value PaisaPay Payments made by buyers rejected.

For example PaisaPay ID 19312831473 which was purchased from us by eBay user xxx (undisclosed due to privacy reasons) from us on 6th April, 2007. PaisaPay gave the reason, "Buyer Not Contactable" It must be noted that the rejection came only on 12th April that too only after we emailed PaisaPay asking what had happened to validation process the rejection email came. However buyer was contactable by us and after talking to him he purchased the item again on 19th April, 2007. We asked him to contact PaisaPay and we did the same and finally payment was approved (PaisaPay ID 19380024233) This whole process we had to guide the poor buyer on every step, and both of us had to contact PaisaPay just to try and get a sale. The buyer was nice to purchase again. Had it been us, we would have just bought it from some other site. 20 days to buyer an item? It's downright ridiculous.

We now come to another example. On 18th April PaisaPay ID 19374859003 which was purchased from us by eBay user xxx (undisclosed due to privacy reasons) from us. At 05:05 pm today we received an email saying payment rejected as, "Buyer was not contactable" We immediately called the buyer's mobile number as mentioned on his eBay account, we were able to contact him easily. As the buyer was based in Mumbai, we immediately then called our Key Account Manager at 06:28 pm so that he could dial the number and see for himself that buyer was indeed contactable. Unfortunately nobody was answering the phone on eBay's Toll Free Number. The buyer has just made the payment again for the item and it is being validated (PaisaPay ID 19374859003) We sincerely hope this payment gets through. Another thing to note in this case is that the buyer has contacted PaisaPay earlier but yet payment was rejected.

We can give numerous such examples. PaisaPay ID 19373118763 rejected on 19th April. eBayer purchased from us again after we contacted the eBayer and PaisaPay ID 19382340293 was later accepted.

PaisaPay ID 19327779673 rejected on 16th April reason again buyer not contactable. Once again we could contact buyer and he made payment again via PaisaPay ID 19327779673 which was again rejected citing buyer requested for cancellation. When we contacted him again buyer stated he had not requested for cancellation and now he is too tired to purchase again.

PaisaPay ID 19399280753 rejected on 24th April, 2007 that is today citing buyer requested for cancellation. Buyer informed us he has not requested for cancellation. He made payment again today via PaisaPay ID 19403610753 which has been approved. What's worse this is not even a high value transanction

PaisaPay ID 19322991593 rejected on 13th April, 2007 reason being buyer did not submit verification documents. This is valid. Why this has been brought up is that buyer found the method too cumbersome when we contacted him and hence he has purchased on an alternate site. Once again understandable. We would have done the same and so would the previous examples had we not spent time contacting them and instructing them.

It is clearly evident that the PaisaPay Team is not performing their duty as expected. On this side we are working hard to cope with UPIs', Listing Fees and what not and on the other end eBay is not the least bit bothered in even making sure genuine transactions are successfull. Strangely the above spate of rejections have started only after listing fees have been introduced. Guess now that eBay is earning money anyways on every listing they don't really have to bother about sellers' getting successfull transactions, do they?

Once again we come to the point made by everybody that in today's online world where everybody has instant payment acceptance, we cannot think of one site who has such a cumbersome procedure why is PaisaPay different? And even if it is different atleast be efficient in your task which the above examples clearly point out you are not.

Our unproductive time spent on eBay keeps increasing, unlike our other online listings.

Request you to look into the above matter on the way PaisaPay is working and the trouble buyer's are facing and the trouble we are facing.

Oh and one more example of buyer trouble. Recently you had the great iPod Sale. One of my friends got the SMS (great marketing by eBay kudos to you!)

So anyways she contacted me whether it was safe to buy as she knew I eBayed a lot and I said yes and she went ahead and bought an iPod Video. Now she was asked for the verification documents. Now as a college going student she neither had a fax or a scanner at home. So she contacted me asking what to do next. Now to look at here she contacted me. She did not have a clear email to email PaisaPay as such she was unaware about the Help - Contact Us system which shows that a new eBayer who is very tech savy cannot contact you guys. She would have actually had to spend time searching or wondering what to do next. When she purchased the item there should have been a direct link, such as in case you have any problems please email us at so and so. And she was pissed off by the fact there was no help line number (everybody has one including PayPal) So she came over to my place, we scanned the front and back of the credit card and emailed it.

Now look at the above example. How cumbersome was it? What are the chances that the above buyer is going to return to you again. Had I not been there to help out she would not have submitted the verification documents and payment would have been rejected. Also eBay took the pain of excellent marketing to ignite in her the want of buying an iPod but because she could not complete it her, she would have gone to another site which is currently having a similar sale to purchase the item and continued giving her business there. So at the cost of eBay's marketing somebody else would have got a sale all because of cumbersome and inefficient PaisaPay and for all you know this must be happening. The id of the person for you by the way is xxxxxxxxxxx (exact letters replaced by the x, member since 11-Dec-2005 in AP India)

There is one more major issue I would like to raise. I had tried doing so through my Key Account Manager and he did forward it to the relevant department and nothing came of it. So I would be grateful if a senior eBay representative can contact me.

I have spent 60 mins. framing and typing this message all in the hope some steps shall be taken by eBay cause I have been an avid eBayer since 2000 and it burns me to see the way eBay India is going.

-Regards,
pc_gaming_store
Message 20 of 69
latest reply