Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing, 27th Apr 5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing for an online discussion on marketing initiatives of eBay India. Rathin will update the members on the impact of various marketing initiatives that were undertaken in past 5 months. He will be also happy to answer questions if any.

Rathin will be available on this thread on Friday, the 27th of April, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply link on top of the thread.

See you on the 27th at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

jambu2802
Community Member
Dear Mr.Ratin,
I introduce myself as a retired govt.servant residing in Trichy,Tamil Nadu.I am aged 68 yrs. I am new to this computor world and now only I have stated getting email ids and started chatting etc. To be frank I dont know any thing about ur ebay sales.After studying some of ur profiles i think there are so many things in this. Is it possible for me to spare my time for selling ur product or in some otherway u sugest, but that must be genuine one.With best wishes.
A.JAMBULINGAM
Message 21 of 69
latest reply

salesbos
Community Member
Sir,
I would just like to bring an important thing to your concern.

I am a new seller on Ebay with not even 1 rating, but I am trying to be as co-operative with the buyers as I can.
I call my every buyer after any purchase and even ask them that are they serious about the sale or not.

The experience I had on Ebay is not a good one. Around 98% of the buyers were not interested in purchase in some or the other way. Many have provided wrong contact numbers, many say they purchased in error, many do not want the item, many say they do not know about Ebay..

This creates a lot of problems for the new sellers to survive on this level. Your policy does not allow the buyers to file dispute before 7 days.

It creates a massive fees for the sellers to pay for what they have not even sold. So, i request Ebay to focus on this issue too, instead of charging heavy fees to the sellers.

Also, the newly introduced Listing Fees is not appreciated.

Thanks!
Ankit Das
SALESBOS
Message 22 of 69
latest reply

softlogicsystem
Community Member
Hello Mr Rathin,

I from softlogic systems, chennai. I visited ebay to sell our Computer application tools.BUt i cant get a proper channel to sell this.How should i post my product details on ebay..

My product details are.

Nortel passport 7440 --- 1 Nos
Meridian 11C - 1 Nos

These are the product which we are using for our call centre. Now it is in good working condition...
Help me to sell this product as soon as possible.

I need some very indepth help to assist me to sell this.

Regards,
Softlogic systems pvt ltd,
Chennai.
techteam@softlogicsys.net
044-24851188
Message 23 of 69
latest reply

karthik2410
Community Member
CAN YOU PLEASE MANUFACTURE SOME NIKE PRODUCTS LIKE SOCCER BALL,T-SHIRTS ,ETC.:-D
Message 24 of 69
latest reply

umasarin
Community Member
hello sir
im a new user wid ebay n hav been trying to sell my paintings here..bt to no avial also most of my work is traditinal so do u recommened me tryin in ebay uk , pls let me knw how can i do so ..so tht i can attract foreign buyers
thanx looking forward to ur reply
Message 25 of 69
latest reply

guna6680
Community Member
hello sir!
i have a complaint about new listing fees
i am seller on ebay about 1 1/2 years.when i started selling ebay was good and the choice were taken by us in either gallery,listing or title fees etc..but after your new listing fees enerything is gone ,only discoragement for sellers.why should we pay for an item until itis sold and we could not make a guarentee that item would be sold, propably when the item sells we pay commission.
new listing fee reduces sellers and increases only new user ids.if this fees continues old sellers like me could go for another sites which is providing many features at no fees.
sellers like me rather go for a personal website creation than to pay the same fees to u for a year.
plz consider this and take necessary action on listing fees we would like the old ones.
thank u
guna
Message 26 of 69
latest reply

indrajitmukherji
Community Member
Hi Ratin,

This is Indrajit Mukherji from Pune. Actually I want to buy a Video editing software PINNACLE STUDIO-10.5 through e-bay.in. Unfortunately genuine software is not available at e-bay.in website. But same is available at your international site in plenty.

Pl. advise whether I could buy the software through the Int. site or not? If yes, is it safe to use my credit card for shopping thru international site? Pl. advise, as this is the first time I am going to shop thru e-bay website.

Regards,

Indrajit Mukherji
Message 27 of 69
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Good evening, and welcome to our Open House Session. Today, we have Rathin Lahiri - Head of Marketing, with us, to interact with our members, and answer your queries.

Rathin will start off by replying to all the queries that have been posted in advance of the session. He will then move on to answering live questions.

You can post questions to Rathin by clicking on the "Post Reply" link at the top or bottom of the page.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 28 of 69
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi ,

I am glad to be here to answer your questions and share a few views and more importantly listen and take feedback from people who truly care about ebay because if you didnโ€™t you wouldnโ€™t be here .

2007 has been a very exciting year for us and I thought I would like to take the opportunity to take you through some key initiatives that we have rolled out and share some key plans .

1. We continue to improve our understanding of internet marketing and I can say with simple conviction that we have possibly the best Marketing knowledge and team among internet companies .
2. We have great relationships with our portal partners yahoo , msn etc and are constantly trying out new things to drive more buyers to eBay india
3. We had a very successful pilot with Reliance World to drive mobile users to buy on eBay and we will look to extend that
4. We have a v good radio campaign on in Delhi and Mumbai and will look at offline as and when we see opportunity to drive business
5. We have had a v good pr program running and the Money Today issue dated 2nd / 3rd May will carry a 12 + pages story on entrepreneurship and will feature a lot of eBay sellers
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 29 of 69
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ozoneintl ,
We have over 2mn users while the internet has over 25 mn , so it is still early days for online shopping and we find it easy to market ebay on the internet where we use very sophisticated form of internet marketing ( like paying for banners on a click / impression or per user basis ) . We choose to showcase the wide variety of products that we have but as the consumer is mostly young male , technology is a hot product . We have also done some very interesting work with cyber cafes and have a great PR program going.
Regarding feedback we recently did the Cricket mania contest built around feedback adoption, I agree it is a challenge and must be disheartening if a buyer doesnโ€™t leave feedback , but education is a key component of our messaging and as the market matures we will find greater adoption of feedback
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 30 of 69
latest reply