Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing, 27th Apr 5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing for an online discussion on marketing initiatives of eBay India. Rathin will update the members on the impact of various marketing initiatives that were undertaken in past 5 months. He will be also happy to answer questions if any.

Rathin will be available on this thread on Friday, the 27th of April, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply link on top of the thread.

See you on the 27th at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

ozoneintl
Community Member
Hi.

I would like to know what efforts ebay puts in and in what ways you promote your site so that new buyers are attracted to the site and make their purchases online from ebay.

As you know there are many shopping websites who sells directly to buyers. But here in ebay sellers sell to buyers directly.

Also do you make advertisements regularly for specific category of product, showcasing some items selling in that particular category.

I have just started selling aggressively on ebay, but i noticed new buyers dont bother to leave an feedback to seller, may be they dont know the importance of same. Can there be any compulsory option for buyers & sellers to leave an feedback, as we all know feedback Stars are very important.

I Will wait for your reply.

Thanks n regards
Kuntal Shah
ebay ID : ozoneintl
Message 2 of 69
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Rathin,

There is no doubt that more and more NEW Buyers and Sellers are pouring in .......

...... but the important point is ..... Are are you able to retain them ...... OR .... are they leaving at the same speed ?

Most of the Buyers we get everyday are with 0 rating. This clearly shows that New Buyers are pouring in .... but ebay is not able to retain them.

I am working on many portals and would like to suggest that Gift Vouchers and Loyalty programmes are doing wonders. Members are quite happy to indulge in schemes whereby they can redeem their points for various Items. They then become quite loyal to that portal and don't move out to any other shopping website. Sellers are thereby getting very good sales.

Also, I would like to say that โ€ฆ.. At the moment the Feedback score is important only to Sellers ...... if you can make it Important for Buyers too ..... then it's nothing like that.

Offer them GIFTS at 5,10, 25, 50, 75 & 100 points .... and see the effect .... not only in Sales โ€ฆ. But in the relation of โ€ฆ.. Buyer & Seller. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 69
latest reply

:^O Hi Rathinda ,
Welcome to the Board.
Sir, as being not a very new member of ebay , what I feel that during last few months the international traffic of buyers has been dwindling regularly. Can you please let us know why ?
2. Retaining good Buyers and Sellers should be the Top Priority , but unfortunately some policies which have been frames in other advanced countries should not be made the yard stick in our country;s context - as it is leaving many a sour taste not only in the mouth but minds too.
Rgds
ShashwatG - Divine Grace of East
Message 4 of 69
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Dear Sir.

Warm greetings from my side for your participation in this thread. There are a lot of new users getting registered on the ebay portal,but most of the new users are new buyers who have zero feedback.

The new buyers bid on some items and then vanish.There is a lot of difference between this website and the rest of the e-commerce portals.Portals like rediff and futurebazar have a lot of plus points as compared to ebay.Ebay is an website controlled by an intl. agency but rediff and futurebazar are not.

As usual,indian people and agencies(rediff,futurebazar) do promotions and attract people through a lot of offers.The main attraction of the rest of the sites is the INSTALLMENT BASED PAYMENT SYYSTEM which ebay doesnt have.So obviously,people tend to buy items when they get cash especially items priced above 1000rs.

If you can come up with ideas such as the one mentioned above,a lot of buyers would surely come to ebay for purchases.

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 5 of 69
latest reply

I wonder that eBay India fee structure for listing fee is like Indian government policy
You are charging to Rs/1,3 or 4 to regular seller who is selling more item and who is selling below then 20 you are charging nothing
I want to ask one question
Where is most risk for buyer and for eBay to pay buyer protection claim from new one or from power seller?
Any good business man donโ€™t do like this that where less risk charge more and where more risk charge none
Create fee structure for all same otherwise this structure can encourage seller to create to new id to eBay and can try to save listing fee
Make listing structure for all same other wise may you get HIT AND RUN case more
Any new eBay donโ€™t pay any fee and when get payment in hand may donโ€™t ship item to buyer and you donโ€™t do any to him and have to pay buyer protection program and you donโ€™t earn any from him
Message 6 of 69
latest reply

baaniya_online
Community Member
Dear Sir,
i have been associated with ebay for around 3 years now..

i have a few questions, which you may like to reply..

1. You are charging to Rs. 1,3 or 4 from regular seller who is selling more items and the new sellers who are selling below then 20 you are being charged nothing.. You want the old sellers to go???

2. On ebay USA and ebay UK, sellers are permiited to porvide theie contact information the listing, Why are we denided the same..

3. The fee structure can encourage sellers to create a new id on eBay and can try to save listing fee. Sellers will be able to save money, and might even not pay the final value charges, or the ebay listing charges, once they recive the invoices.

4. Why do Sellers have to pay, extra for listing multiple quantity??

5. Ebay makes around 8.5% (5 % final value charges, and 3.5% credit card payment on paisa pay(which is most comman).. Why does not ebay allow the sellers to charge the paisa pay charges from buyers, which can increase our profits.. and we continue to do business on ebay..

6.. When will the option of "immidate payment required" will be available on ebay india..

Hope you will answer this ques, so that i can decide, if i should continue with ebay india...

best regds
Rajneesh Goel
Message 7 of 69
latest reply

bhai_nb
Community Member
Hi,

I am a buyer. My experience with your site has been generally good but not very exciting.

Some of the sellers, to make their product appear attractive pricewise, price their product low but make the shipping charges very high (I have seen a product with price of Rs 49 where the shipping was Rs 150). You should be able to put some broad rules to prohibit this misuse.

Often the sellers of electronic goods (especially accessories) dont give tax invoices. Every sale must accompany proper receipt.

Is it possible for Indian buyers to buy goods from overseas sites of ebay? If not, then any plans to make it possible in future?

Neeraj
Message 8 of 69
latest reply

delhi_durbaar
Community Member
Dear Sir,
i have been associated with ebay for around 3 years now..

i have a few questions, which you may like to reply..

1. You are charging to Rs. 1,3 or 4 from regular seller who is selling more items and the new sellers who are selling below then 20 you are being charged nothing.. You want the old sellers to go???

2. On ebay USA and ebay UK, sellers are permiited to porvide theie contact information the listing, Why are we denided the same..

3. The fee structure can encourage sellers to create a new id on eBay and can try to save listing fee. Sellers will be able to save money, and might even not pay the final value charges, or the ebay listing charges, once they recive the invoices.

4. Why do Sellers have to pay, extra for listing multiple quantity??

5. Ebay makes around 8.5% (5 % final value charges, and 3.5% credit card payment on paisa pay(which is most comman).. Why does not ebay allow the sellers to charge the paisa pay charges from buyers, which can increase our profits.. and we continue to do business on ebay..

6.. When will the option of "immidate payment required" will be available on ebay india..

Hope you will answer this ques, so that i can decide, if i should continue with ebay india...

These are the questions ,i also want the answer.
Message 9 of 69
latest reply

bapidebu
Community Member
SIR,
Myself Debasis pradhan.I HAVE A COMPLAIN AGAINST UR ORGANISATION(E-BAY INDIA).MY COMPLAIN IS THAT-IN E-BAY
AUCTION SECTION WHAT EVER PRICE IS QUOTED ON THE USED AND BRAND NEW MOBILE PHONE SET IS MORE THAN THEIR PRESENT MARKET VALUE ,RATHER THE PRICE WHICH ARE QUOTED ON THE E-BAY AUCTION'S USED MOBILE PHONES ARE HIGHER THAT ITS ORIGINAL AND PRESENT MARKET VALU.I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAD
WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE E-BAY ORGANISATION.WHATS THE REASON BEHIND BY QUOTING THE HIGHER PRICE THAN ITS ACTUAL MARKET VALUE OF MOBILE PHONES.I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE E-BAY PRICE QUOTING SYSTEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE REASION BEHIND IT.

IF I MADE ANY MISTAKE THEN PLEASE PARDON ME.BUT I WANT TO KNOW THE REASION BEHIND IT.

THANKING U.
Message 10 of 69
latest reply