Delay in PayPal Funds Transfer

cosycom
Community Member
Hi friends , Normally all funds withdrawn from Paypal to our bank account are credited within 3 to 5 days .
I have withdrawn some funds on 19th feb 09 . Paypal shows funds already transfered but they are not received in my ICICI account till date . Anybody else also facing same problem ???????

Paypal seem to have an office in India but their address and contact information is not available anywhere .:(

Regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 677
latest reply
676 REPLIES 676

Hello Everyone,
If you see my last few posts before the 1st march declaration,i have mentioned all the FIRC & GR/PP/SOFTEX Documents issue even before they declared it,i was able to foresee what was going to happen,because we are exporting in bulk directly to buyers since 30 years,but we are very new to selling single items on ebay like this,
So the MAJOR PROBLEM STILL EXIST for the sellers of small value items below USD 20,how can they manage loads of documents for $1-$20 items & selling like 10-30 items each day?
The problem is even bigger for lower value silver jewelry,Gemstones & Beads sellers who need to get each item appraised through customs before sending all the items.. AND THE CARGO AGENT CHARGES ARE EVEN MORE THAN THE ACTUAL VALUE OF GOODS..
Its not only that ebay can help us in this,but i believe that the bigger volume sellers must have been able to tackle all this before us since so many years though..
So we request to ebay & the bigger sellers to guide us about HOW SHOULD WE COMMERCIALLY EXPORT SINGLE ITEMS OF LOW VALUE INTERNATIONALLY??
Thanks
Regards
Hare Krishna
Message 421 of 677
latest reply

what is this GR/PP/SOFTEX ?

In my opinion, we just have to send a proper value invoice with our shipment, whether it is a small or a large shipment. The IEC code should be written on the invoice.

the purpose code is to verify the actual price of the shipment.

RBI will get get to know from the purpose code that who is sending how much from india.

but there are certainly some questions that we sellers need to know very urgently as asked by our fellow seller real.phoenix

I will be thankful to the ebay executives to tell us the proper shipping methods fro SMALL items(less value items) , for which , commercial export is not at all vialble.

best wishes,

muteyaar
Message 422 of 677
latest reply

sachin_thapar
Community Member
Hi,

I am wondering if we have the option of transfering paypal money to xoom or westernunion and then taking it up from there. Sorry am a novice so appreciate any help.

thanks,
Sachin
Message 423 of 677
latest reply

Hi, a little help from me

Q. How should the GR/PP/SOFTEX form should be disposed?
A. (i) Copies of export declaration forms should be disposed of as under :
(a) GR forms should be completed by the exporter in duplicate and both the copies submitted to the Customs at the port of shipment along with the shipping bill. Customs will give their running serial number on both the copies after admitting the corresponding shipping bill. The Customs serial number will have ten numerals denoting the code number of the port of shipment, the calendar year and a six digit running serial number. Customs will certify the value declared by the exporter on both the copies of the GR form at the space earmarked and will also record the assessed value. They will then return the duplicate copy of the form to the exporter and retain the original for transmission to Reserve Bank. Exporters should submit the duplicate copy of the GR form again to Customs along with the cargo to be shipped. After examination of the goods and certifying the quantity passed for shipment on the duplicate copy, Customs will return it to the exporter for submission to the authorised dealer for negotiation or collection of export bills.

(b) Within twenty-one days from the date of export, exporter should lodge the duplicate copy together with relative shipping documents and an extra copy of the invoice with the authorised dealer named in the GR form. After the documents have been negotiated/sent for collection, the authorised dealer should report the transaction to Reserve Bank in statement ENC under cover of appropriate R-Supplementary Return. However, the duplicate copy of the form together with a copy of invoice etc. will henceforth be retained by the branch and may not be submitted to Reserve Bank.
(c) Where a part of export proceeds are credited to EEFC account, the export declaration (duplicate) form may be certified as under :

"Proceeds amounting to....... representing......% of the export realisation credited to EEFC account maintained by the exporter with......"

(ii) The manner of disposal of PP forms is same as that for GR forms. Postal authorities will allow export of goods by post only if the original copy of the form has been countersigned by an authorised dealer. Therefore, PP forms should be first presented by the exporter to an authorised dealer for countersignature. Authorised dealer will countersign the forms in accordance with directions of RBI and return the original copy to the exporter, who should submit the form to the post office with the parcel. The duplicate copy of the PP form will be retained by the branch to whom the exporter should submit relevant documents together with an extra copy of invoice for negotiation/collection, within the prescribed period of twenty-one days.

(iii) The exporter should submit declaration in Form SOFTEX in triplicate in respect of export of computer software and audio / video / television software to the concerned designated official of Government of India at STPI / EPZ /FTZ /SEZ for valuation / certification not later than 30 days from the date of invoice / the date of last invoice raised in a month, as indicated above. The designated officials may also certify the SOFTEX Forms in respect of EOUs which are registered with them. As for disposal of SOFTEX forms the procedure indicated in Regulation 6 of Export Regulations is to be observed. However, the duplicate copy of the form together with a copy of invoice etc. will henceforth be retained by the branch and may not be submitted to Reserve Bank.

====================================================
hope muteyaar and other get their answers , here i think these all are forms not applicable for small deals. these are for large scale export only.

give your suggestion on this.

vimal
Message 424 of 677
latest reply

poonamjewels
Community Member
Hello,
Indien.art

Thanks for the nice information. Whatever you have described are the procedures for a single item in large bulks. I do not have much knowledge about these procedures. But practically, this can not be applied to a seller who sells 15-20 small items daily t0 15-20 different addresses over the world. The seller will have to spend his whole life in these procedures only. Even that will not suffice. We are looking for a practical and feasible solution for this. Can someone suggest.

Poonamjewels
Message 425 of 677
latest reply

Hello poonam jewells,
Reserve bank delegated its part to DGFT long ago. DGFT in turn have delegated to SBI to start with and now it is all banks,primarily IOB.
Now DGFT is a license issueing authority and export is like any other business.Previously they used to give some tax related benefits to exporters.Now that has also been stopped.
What you read about experiences of old exporters is the story of the LOC era.
FIRC you will get from your processing bank for submission of your IT returns.
Forget about the horror stories of paper works and all.I am an old man.My dad,two uncles,one brother and one sister were in Reserve bank.I know Resrve Bank like the back of my palm.
Concentrate on increasing exports.Good luck.
Have your cheque been cleared?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 426 of 677
latest reply

PayPal withdrawal is started or we still need to wait?
I see that the withdrawal page has changed. Now it is asking to enter the Bank's name, routing number, A/c number.

Still need to wait?
Message 427 of 677
latest reply

Hi,
What is routing number?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 428 of 677
latest reply

Amitavaji,
Such question wasn't expected from a person who knows RBI like a back of his palm!:-)
Anyways, it is a 9 digit number at the bottom of the cheque on the left side of the cheque number. It is known as MICR number number in India.
Message 429 of 677
latest reply

Withdrawals to Indian Banks are still suspended. The options you see are for US Bank withdrawals.
We hope that our options will be restored later in the day. It is still bedtime in the US! ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 430 of 677
latest reply