Delay in PayPal Funds Transfer

cosycom
Community Member
Hi friends , Normally all funds withdrawn from Paypal to our bank account are credited within 3 to 5 days .
I have withdrawn some funds on 19th feb 09 . Paypal shows funds already transfered but they are not received in my ICICI account till date . Anybody else also facing same problem ???????

Paypal seem to have an office in India but their address and contact information is not available anywhere .:(

Regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 677
latest reply
676 REPLIES 676

I think it is the end of International Selling via eBay. With the lack of any guidelines from eBay.in, it seems that our business is not considered as legal so we all should stop. Unfortunately, we haven't got any clarification from anyone at eBay and their silence is the evidence that the entire "International Sales" on ebay.in is not legal. So before any serious government inquiry is initiated, we must stop the international business altogether. Ultimately, "Sar Salamat to Paghdi hazaar". Lets save our heads first.
Message 431 of 677
latest reply

Correction to the last post:

Those who supply the GR or PP forms with every shipment worth more than INR 50.00 can continue to sell on eBay.

Those marking the items as samples or gifts should stop as RBI allows the samples/gifts up to INR 15,000/- only per licensing year. The IEC alone is insufficient and the GR or PP is a must for exporting even a single item via Post. For more details, please type: FEMA, FERA, PP in google.
Message 432 of 677
latest reply

Hi Rashida,
Village folks like me are less smart lake you city guys. MICR of course I know because I use PaisaPay.
I have never done illegal business. You may see my policy rating or count my red stars which is average 4.9 and as per Sushant is the highest in eBay.
Dont discourage other sellers about international business or PayPal.
For your information,I have desisted from panic withdrawal from PayPal because I love PayPal and ebay of which I am a proud community member,like you.
I have full faith in PayPal,and shall continue to have faith.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 433 of 677
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I think it's the moral duty of ebay to guide the Community about the correct procedure of doing exports for low value Items. Even if they don't have the expertise about exports they should hire a Consultant and organize a workshop for the same.

This would make things clear and Innocent Sellers who don't know the correct procedure wouldn't find themselves trapped under FEMA.

Withdrawing money from PayPal would not be a problem but compling with laws could be a nightmare.

I would suggest that we all put forth our Questions to ebay to clear our doubts before we proceed further.

We would keep compiling the Questions and prepare the final List for ebay to reply. (Hope ebay don't have an objection to this)

YOU ARE REQUESTED TO TRY PUTTING THE QUESTION IN SHORT (preferably limiting to 1 or 2 lines). YOU MAY ASK ANY NUMBER OF QUESTIONS.

I start with :-

1. Can we withdraw money to any Bank or only to Bank dealing in Foreign Currency (Authorized Dealer Bank) ?

2. Would it still be viable to do exports through ebay for low value Items ?

3. Can filling of Forms GR / PP / SOFTEX etc be avoided in case of low value Items ?

..... Interested members can add more questions and I would keep compiling a list to avoid any duplicates.

Let's come together to clear all our doubts. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 434 of 677
latest reply

Hello, Poonamjewels

You are right, and actually I haven't much knowledge for export too, and yes, i know it will be a very long procedure. but export house made rules, and govt has applied without knowing , how ebay seller sale their goods online. and they don't care that, is this procedure proper for retail exporter?

see we write daily more and more for export and where is ebay.in pink(customer helper). I think ebay.in get some clues for this and provide detail for how to exporting on ebay.in or Worldwide sites.

I talked with ebay.in and they said :
ebay.in WILL SOON ARRANGE SEMINARS IN METRO CITIES FOR EXPORTING GOODS ON EBAY.IN.

So hope they make soon new announcements and will guide us.

vimal
-from Rajkot
Message 435 of 677
latest reply

My question is:Will PayPal start performing certain functions of bank after this exercise by RBI?
Message 436 of 677
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Questions for ebay to respond

1. 1. Can we withdraw money to any Bank or only to Bank dealing in Foreign Currency (Authorized Dealer Bank) ? By indconcepts

2. Would it still be viable to do exports through ebay for low value Items ? By indconcepts

3. Can filling of Forms GR / PP / SOFTEX etc be avoided in case of low value Items ? By indconcepts

4. Will PayPal start performing certain functions of bank after this exercise by RBI? By amitava123gems

Other members .... keep posting your questions. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 437 of 677
latest reply

Q1. what is step by step procedure of documents for exporting items from ebay.in ?

Q.2 What is required as paper procedure along with ebay(any currency invoice) and IEC code ?

Vimal
Message 438 of 677
latest reply

I have never discouraged any seller to do international sales on eBay. I only mentioned that it should be done with a 100% adherance to the Govt. policies.

eBay and Govt. of India are two different bodies, each having its own set of laws. All eBay sellers shouldn't forget that Govt. of India is the larger body which has provided the license to eBay to operate within India.

Hence, an eBay India seller needs to ensure that they are complying with the laws of Indian Government as well as eBay while selling on International Platform that involves foreign currency.

If some seller is using PaisaPay then such seller needs to understand that as per FEMA, any transaction done with a party outside India whether in Indian Currency or a foreign currency is termed as Export. Hence PaisaPay is not the rightfull way to deal with foreign buyers.

We must all learn how to export small value items. I have already consulted an export consultant regarding the same and I was adviced that I need to follow all the government procedures.
Message 439 of 677
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Questions for ebay to respond

1. 1. Can we withdraw money to any Bank or only to Bank dealing in Foreign Currency (Authorized Dealer Bank) ? By indconcepts

2. Would it still be viable to do exports through ebay for low value Items ? By indconcepts

3. Can filling of Forms GR / PP / SOFTEX etc be avoided in case of low value Items ? By indconcepts

4. Will PayPal start performing certain functions of bank after this exercise by RBI? By amitava123gems

5. what is step by step procedure of documents for exporting items from ebay.in ? By indien.art

6. What is required as paper procedure along with ebay(any currency invoice) and IEC code ? By indien.art

7. Is it legal to accept payment from International Buyers through PaisaPay without getting FIRC from PaisaPay ? By indconcepts

Other members .... keep posting your questions. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 440 of 677
latest reply