Customer's Review

gurprasads
Community Member
It will be great if we can have a customer review section on each product so that Customers who bought that product can share the feedback about the product which will help other buyers to conclude if they want to buy that product based on other customer's feedback.

Idea came to me because I was checking a universal remote from Philips and wanted to know if it works well for who bought it so far.
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Customer's Review

ram-e-shopper
Community Member
I've been raising this issue for quite sometime now, but neither this forum nor eBay itself is eager about providing a product review feature on eBay. The obvious reason for this seems to be that neither eBay nor the sellers themselves are confident about the quality of the products that are sold here, and if they introduce a section where people give their reviews of the products, then they fear that they will receive more negative than positive reviews, and this would affect sales on eBay. So eBay seems to be maintaining the status quo where a buyer is only provided the product description by the seller to decide whether the product is good or not. Luckily for the buyer though, he need not totally depend on this description and can always use Google to find out about the quality of the product on other online sites and reviews. Flipkart, is one such site where product review plays a major role in the shopping process.
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

I am a seller,but also buy products from ebay.But I never had any problems with buying,though some problems with selling were there.
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
eBay has a very good feedback system which in fact favors buyers more, before buying click on the seller's id and see the feedbacks received and you can come to a conclusion about the seller from the feedbacks.....with the eBay feedback system, we sellers have to treat all buyers uniformly how big or the small the value of the product they buy. I do agree that eBay should launch a additional feature in each listing of showing feedbacks for that particular product.

Finally kind request to buyers, please leave feedback for sellers...nowadays we ppl have to do continuous follow ups for feedbacks.

Regards,

Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
yeah you are right. i have seen this on US ebay site and is quite helpful for both sellers and buyers.
Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
most buyer only like giving negative feedback and in spite of making repeating followups very few buyers are interested to leave a positive feed back. you can see from my feedback . i have sold more than 200 items until now and received only 50 feedbacks.:(
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

Here's a fact I descovered when I was browsing to buy a top branded watch - All TISSOT watches being sold on ebay.in are FAKE. Here's a link to a site that informs you how to recognize a fake TISSOT watch : http://forums.watchuseek.com/f62/how-spot-fake-tissot-prc-200-a-339622.html also, all the TISSOT watch sellers on ebay are offering "SELLER WARRANTY" because they know the manufacturer will not provide it on fakes!

Fakes are not limited to foreign brands. There's this seller online_sushil who sells fake HMT gold plated watches. I bought one .. it was DOA (Dead on arrival) so he took it to the local HMT dealer who recognized it as a fake - Chinese made watch. I am still awaiting refund ..

Also, look at the price difference - it massive. The real thing sells for up to 300 to 500% more than what is quoted on ebay - what does that tell you? Of course some people (knowingly buy fakes) but here the sellers claim the watches are original.

Other issues:
1. Ebay India DOES NOT PROVIDE SELLER ADDRESS at time of sale. I learnt this the hard way: the best defense is to not immediately mark the item as received. Wait until you are sure and happy with your purchase. That way you can get a quicker refund.

2. Massive policy differences between ebay india and (say) ebay.uk - the India version offers very little buyer protection.

Hope this helps. Be safe from the rascals on ebay india.
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

^ Very correct as I too was thinking in the same lines. I have bought many products in the last 5yrs from ebay.in and ebay.com but there was no means of finding out about a particular item as no review was there. The only thing we could do is to check the seller's page for customer feedback which is mostly about the seller and not about the item itself.
online sellers like flipcart, dealextreme has a feature of item review and customers can purchase a product based on reviews by other purchasers which is extremely helpful in buying a product. also items can be categorized based on customers' reviews.
I hardly purchase items over Rs.3000 from ebay just beacuse of this.
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

team.yamaha.7272
Community Member
I do want a customer support to call me immediately
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Customer's Review

devlisa13
Community Member
Why all ebay watch seller don't give manufacturer warranty in watch like tissot, emporio armani, tag hayer. Can any one tell me the truth. they only give seller warranty which don't have any value.
Message 10 of 48
latest reply