Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

Re: Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

I am highly disappointed with ebays guarentee claim.I have raised a guarentee claim (701749) and i am informed that ebay will reply in 48 hours.As there was no reply from ebay i chatted with an agent of ebay and i was informed that my claim is closed.I received a used and damaged product and i cannot accept it as i have paid for a new item.

Message 191 of 233
latest reply

Ebay if FRAUD when it comes to REFUND:

I recently purchased Linksys Cisco X1000 N300 Wireless Router With ADSL2+ Modem from EBAY. 

Ebay advertises and assures it customers that they will refund or replace the product if a claim is raised against it for any fault. 

I received this product DEAD and raised a claim with EBAY. After 7 days I received a call today from TARIQ who said EBAY is rejecting the CLAIM since it is in Manufacturers Warranty and I should run to the service station of the manufacturer to sort this issue and EBAY will not REFUND. 

THIS IS FRAUD and absolute BAD service. Customers beware of EBAY policy - unlike other portals like Flipkart/Amazon who will immediately replace a FAULTY/DEAD product - EBAY washes its hands off.

I am going to file a complaint with customer redressal for efficiency in service.

Message 192 of 233
latest reply

i have purchased (Rechargeable Solar Energy 7 in 1 Educational Kit Game Toys Kids Battery Cell DIY) a toy for my nephew dated on 14-10-2014.  I have received a message that my ordered item on 19-10-2014 but 18-10-2014 i have received a message that the item have not been sent to u and  we have issue refund to you. but i have not received my refund.  I have sent a mail again to ebay customer but reply is refund is hold. i have call many times but always full time busy service. Its my first dealing on ebay and now it will be last. i never used ebay again. 

Message 193 of 233
latest reply

Yes, you are right, I asked not to closed claim workflow. The help desk person closed it without linsting to me.

I'm out of here... will advice others not to shop online in India. Highly disappointed with eBay.in

Message 194 of 233
latest reply

Yes, pathetic service
Message 195 of 233
latest reply

kaly_homk
Community Member

Hi,

Same is my case. I did not know that the service of eBay is so poor. The seller has really been a pathetic man and now that ahish had resolved this by approving refund the seller is objecting this. I dont know for hwat. a month like a fool I have spent. I want my money back in a days time. 1month is more than sufficient for Mr. *** (if you see the claim history) & for eBay to play with my money. If it is not possible by you to do it, I have to fire a complaint against ebay and I will do this. 1 Month you guys have played with my money just because payment is done. That seller shipped me a faulty piece. That is not my mistake. I was asked to trash the piece and refund will be done in 5 working days. Are you guys sleeping? Its 10 Days... More than that..14th Oct my claim is resolved.. Have some humanity that you are troubling your customers.

If I dont receive a response and my money back, I assure you to fire a complaint against you guys. Enough I have tolerated you all for more than a month.

Claim ID:

Message 196 of 233
latest reply

hcha3676
Community Member

Dear sir/madam,

I had paid for a smart watch on ebay, but I had not receive the same. For same I had put request on ebay.

ebay had made a case # 5070792885 for refund & close it.

But till date I havn;t received the refund.

Thanks & regards,

Harsh Chauhan.

Message 197 of 233
latest reply

i ordered 100 coins of 10rs two times(paisapay id-37692556688 and 37700729388) from this account from same seller and seller shipped both the order in one packet through DTDC courier but when i received the courier and opened then i was shocked that no any coins were there inside that packet but the packet was fully covered by cement concrete material stones which is used in the building preparation. and i also did not get any invoice from the seller.first time i found such type of case from ebay.kindly solve my issue.this is a fraudlent case so i want immediate action this time.
Message 198 of 233
latest reply

abnkkm710
Community Member
Paisa Pay ID 37510135726     
Claim ID : 687424

Claim raised on 13 Oct 2014

Claim still open & not acted upon inspite of numerous calls.

Package went to Delhi on 5 Oct & they lost all trace of it. It is unfathomable how a package did not reach even till 12 Oct. It should have reached even if it travelled by a bullock cart. And yet, Ebay naively insists on giving more time to Fedex to deliver the product.
And neither do they seem to understand that when customer asks for a refund, a refund it has to be & not the launching of some investigation to endeavour to shove the product down customer's throat.

To begin with, I have lost count of the number of calls wasted on this to Fedex & Ebay. It seems to me that both companies think the customer has all the time in the world to keep calling & then to be kept waiting for ages and even then, they have the privilege to blowing customers off with another date & a story.

I was committed to probably the second or third call, that this issue would be closed by 23 Oct 2014 and I see that it is still not been cleared as of 31 Oct inspite of a senior personnel committing to the same.I am sick & tired of calling because it is nightmare calling Ebay.

Is it Ebay's intention to hold on to this measly amount for the next millenium while they keep giving inefficient & equally unprofessional Fedex time to search for a package that is clearly & without a doubt lost? 

I am thoroughly disappointed that such a reputed international name such as Ebay is a total wash-out in India. I really expected better from Ebay than this.

Besides the long & completely unjustified wait time on calls which last over 20-30 mins and finally getting through, only to be moved to another date for action is highly frustrating on Ebay's part. It is as clear as day that  they don't live upto the commitments made to the customers. As of date, there is no difference between Ebay & Fedex in terms of pathetic customer service & support. 

This is the very height of unprofessionalism on their part & I will be sure to ensure I advise everyone in my circle to not purchase from Ebay especially considering how their attitude is reminiscent of our old Sarkari organisations that take aeons to act on monetary returns.

P.S. Latest update mentions product sitting in Ambala - I really don't understand the journey this package is taking. Why penalize the customer for mistakes made by the courier company?

Message 199 of 233
latest reply

aditya_liu
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I have order a Redmi phone on 16th of October, its delivery time was 22nd October and its been almost 16 days past , i have even contacted the seller he told its totally in hand of eBay, so when i called ebay customer care they kept me in hold for 30 mins and disconnected . So i am quite frustrated with the things even i can't track my status as its not been updated by blue dart. So i wish to discontinue this deal as i am pretty sure i wont be getting my order. My ebay ID is aditya_liu, it was obviously my first and last deal from You.

Regards
Frustrated Customer
Aditya Parakh
Message 200 of 233
latest reply