Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

prateek4u11
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case claim id is 90198 2 months ago, post which I have chatted thrice with the customer service but everytime I receive the same answer that they have escalated my case to higher authority and I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed in 10 days, But nothing has been done till now and I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service.
Message 11 of 233
latest reply

jeendgar840
Community Member
My claim 98050 was opened on 12 June, 2012 and till date nothing has happened. When contacting customer support I always hear you will receive a call back and that never happened. I am very dissapointed with ebay.
Message 12 of 233
latest reply

bellamkonda123
Community Member
i was provided with a 10% discount coupon which will end on 28th June 2012. But on 27th June 2012 the coupon was not working which is bad.
Message 13 of 233
latest reply

mrsmenoka
Community Member
Dear Madam/Sir,

I am an old lady. This is the 2nd time I was cheated in eBay. 1st time it was for a cordless kettle. I left negative feedback to the seller, but, didn’t mind at that time as the price was less. This time, I paid Rs. 29,990.00 through PaisaPay ID: 31344208856 on 20/05/12 to eBay India for a hp pavilion dm4 1041 tx laptop. But I had received from Seller an useless hp Compaq laptop (Product Serial No. 2CE646069H, batch No. RQ103PA#ACJ, Service tag: V3155AU). A case of refund request was filed on 4/6/2012 with photographs of the parcel and laptop, as a case of item not as described/significantly different. But I have come to know from the Seller that eBay had already paid the amount to him. According to the Seller, exchange of laptop was done by courier people, not himself. Now, I have been worried and suffering for no faults of mine as I paid the money from my relative's account, so, I am seriously in trouble now.

Till date, there has been no positive action in my favor within the 20 days time frame of eBay.

Now, I would be presumed that eBay does not consider me as a valued customer and myself and my son would be refrain from buying and eventually withdraw from eBay as honest buyers. In my nest step, there would be also no other way other than going to Consumer Court and write everything to ncdrc.nic.in, Mouthshut.com, Consumercourtindia, consumerforums.in, consumer-complaint-forum.akosha.com, and other similar websites for public awareness regarding cheating in eBay, India.
Message 14 of 233
latest reply

jeendgar840
Community Member
I have paid Rs. 12529.00 through PaisaPay on 05/06/12 to eBay India for a new unused iBall Slide Anroid Tablet i7218. But I had received a old & used Tablet from Seller. I have opened a claim under ebay guarantee on 12/6/2012 with claim ID 98050, as a case of item not as described and till date nothing has happened. I have chatted thrice with the customer service but everytime I receive the same answer that they have escalated my case to higher authority and I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48. Now, I have been worried and suffering for no faults of mine. Till date, there has been no positive action in my favor. I am very dissapointed with ebay.

In my nest step, there would be also no other way other than going to Consumer Court and write everything to ncdrc.nic.in, Mouthshut.com, Consumercourtindia, consumerforums.in, consumer-complaint-forum.akosha.com, and other similar websites for public awareness regarding cheating in eBay, India.
Message 15 of 233
latest reply

sree121798
Community Member
Hi Everyone, I received a gift coupoun code HLTHFVJOSS ( 10 % off on miniumum purchase of 2000). I was trying to use the coupoun code for Purchasing BRAND NEW SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PRO MK16i which was priced @12690. When I am making payment its showing error message of "Sorry, the gift voucher / promotion code HLTHFVJOSS cannot be used as you do not meet the coupon eligibility criteria RB_WK_26_VS_10% off_Min_2000 _Thank you for shopping on eBay India!. Please try another voucher / promotion code or continue with your payment"...I have the Screen Shots for the same. I am seriously DISAPPOINTED and demand a explanation. Hope E-Bay will take up the issue and get back to me.
Message 16 of 233
latest reply

I emailed customer care that the seller I purchased from has given a fake consignment no.The answer I get from customer care is 'the records say seller has shipped the item.'What was my concern and what reply I got.
Message 17 of 233
latest reply

bablu2334
Community Member
EBAY is FRAUD,I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay
they are disconnecting my call also, they given commitment to return the money, but they are not doing,
my complent number is 99905
--vamshi
Message 18 of 233
latest reply

chinky_manipal89
Community Member
Hi,

I had purchased a Akash Tablet 2 months back (order number: 270969685372). I had ordered for 2 tablet while i received just 1. I had called the customer care and was informed that the seller will do partial settlement to my a/c but the seller has not done anything and since then i have not received any response from the customer care team. My claim id is 3201019. I have been calling customer care almost everyday. My call is never answered and so are my messages and emails. I have not been getting any response from anybody. Please call me on this number: 8084840521.

Thanks & regards,
Sweta Singh
Message 19 of 233
latest reply

rajanandmppn2010
Community Member
iam your ebay cutomer rajanandmppn2010 is my id
i have purchased a panasonic phone from the dealer
of MOHAMED LABIER 68,PEDARIER KOIL STREET CHENNAI
THROUGH YOU NOW i have a complaint in my product
i can,t condact my seller because the phone number