Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

Re: Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

kunaltoy
Community Member

As per our telephonic conversation on 11-07-2014 we are pleased to inform you that we are approving your refund request in form of eBay coupon. You will receive a coupon of 110% of Item value. It will be sent to your registered email address, and you can expect to receive it within 7-10 business days and the same is valid for 30 days. Note: Sundays and Public Holidays are excluded from working days. Thank you for shopping with eBay.

Above was the reply for my claim ID 559654 , still i am waiting for my refund, they dont reply to my email worst worst worst customer care , i will be beware for buying anything from this website .... Guys you are 5 star in Pathetic service .

Message 151 of 233
latest reply

Customers support is nt good even they dnt knw the value of customers.its my 1st and last experience form eBay.and gays as per my reqst kindly dnt purchase any products,if any problem occurs you are not going to get a solution..your money will totally wasted
Message 152 of 233
latest reply

Ebay runs dysfunctional customer support system. I do not blame the minions when the top brass must be brats themselves. This has put up a very bad name to India operations when they areone of the most widely used portal in the US. As usual the India operations are being handled by an incompetent dolt.

My Claim ID : 512691

PaisaPay ID : 36246493547

Was closed on June 27th and today is 11th of august and I am yet to receive my refund in terms of coupons. Today was the 4th call and on which a bloke called Kiran finally hung up on me. Every time I called I was given a different resolution time frame. And the last time it was 5 days. And as I am writing this so they failed them all.

So I decided I would escalate the issue as the incompetent CS reps were doing a fine job of solving my problem. I called and after a barrage of holds and waits I explained the CS rep that I needed to talk to the supervisor. Now the fellow made me wait another 10 mins and he comes back to tell me that the supervisor in unavailable but I will get a call back regarding my issue. Looking at this forum I wonder when that will happen.

Then I asked for a service request number which is needed when escalating to grievance officer. The dolt told me it’s my claim id. I happen to be in from of my workstation and upon checking that turned out invalid. When I reported the same he gave me another number stating “it’s kind of a service request number” and that did not work either. Upon further insisting he hung up on me in that old “hello hello” (can’t hear you fashion).

Ebays dismal service is another definition to pathetic. And I say that considering all aspect. You are not getting a reply to a single email you write to them. There is no feedback system in place so their service is not getting any better in the near future.

Whoever is managing this contact center should be thrown out and be black listed in the industry. You expect people to buy from you with this service and support. For my purchase over ebay I have received firstly a defective item and then a ‘half an hour of an ordeal’ in a day of calling you every now and then for refund.

Great job!!!!

Another pending claim

Claim ID : 573234

PaisaPay ID : 36735010497

Message 153 of 233
latest reply

My PayPaisa claim id is 590248.

1> The seller has sent me the wrong product.
2> This shows you have no control on shipment of the product.
3> After my request for reverse pickup, ebay customer service said no it is not possible
4> I am supposed to courier the product back to seller and take the responsibility of the delivery.

now the product has been received by the seller
5> I had not received any calls except the mail requesting for the courier docket id. But unfortunately I could not check the mails for some days. And Paisapay team has rejected and closed my complaint without my consent.
6> In any of your customer support/paisapay team mails, you have not mentioned that you will close the complaint without my consent in any mailer. You have turned my complaint from HOLD status to Reject status in 1 hr. time surprises me. Any complaint can not be closed without customers consent

7> I have not received any courtesy & closure call from your team before closing the complaint.
8> I was in touch with Mr. Tausif from ebay time to time and updated him the updates as guided by customer support team
9> Explain the reason to send me wrong product.
10>  Now I dont have any product, I have sent back the product to seller at my cost. Total expenses of Rs 865 + 80 courier charges + follow up calls with courier company and the seller bared by me.
11> Is this how a reputed company i.e. ebay works?

12> It needs your customer team and paisapay team to be taught good language instead of arrogance, being helpless and to stop blaming the company policies. The team should be proactive, company supportive and willing to help consumers instead of making consumers to run behind the seller and stop giving false reasons. Now the seller is saying that the ebay has already deducted the commission charges from him and will not repay him.

13> Look forward at you to reopen my claim as now you have all required documents.
14> I have never imagined that a company of high repute will treat consumer like I am treated by Customer Support / paisapay team, India. I look forward for a thick relationship, but..... I hope you care for company's reputation.

15> A fast growing company, runned by top names in the industry like "Mr. Latif Nathani" , "Mr. John Donahoe" has such helpless Customer Support / paisapay team in India surprises me. 

Message 154 of 233
latest reply

nisha207
Community Member
I m facing the same problem. Nobody is getting me the rite solution
Message 155 of 233
latest reply

Awfully dissatisfied with ebay...frst time m purchasing frm ebay....vry sad to say dat dey haven't snt me d product...nd says that d delivery has been done.... online purchase nd my money is gone...I tried calng d customer care...dey r saying dat dey r assistng al d time...called the seller...switched off...wat protection du u gve us nw..?
We have consumer rightz...need the money back...ASAP...need a solution....
Message 156 of 233
latest reply

Leaving no choice but to go to consumer court
Message 157 of 233
latest reply

Thank you, for your ebay order PaisaPay ID-37112673165. You will get updates via SMS. Contact details: seller-8800379122, eBay support-18002093229.
Didn't receive d product.
Said it is delivered.

Bt itz nt....refusd it asap.
.r il b forced to go fr consumer rightz...solve it within 3 days
Message 158 of 233
latest reply

Thank you, for your ebay order PaisaPay ID-37112673165. You will get updates via SMS. Contact details: seller-8800379122, eBay support-18002093229.
Message frm ebay to me...

Didn't receive d product.
Said it is delivered.

Bt itz nt....refund it asap.
.r il b forced to go fr consumer rightz...solve it within 3 days
Message 159 of 233
latest reply

This is really frustrating when being customer and after paying full amount you need to follow like hell to unresponsive organisation like ebay. Really frsutrating expereince and I will make sure I will spread this words to the fullest and my online forums. No one in ebay care for customer and all the stuff has been in favour of vendors and thats why they keep harassing customer with full confidence that nothing and no action will be taken against them. 1-33886037236 - Sohail - 28th Aug 1-34010893578 - Ramzan 30th Many others too are there, but no action has been taken vendor is convince that what if I ship the defective item, couldn't understand what that mean, have I paid for defective. That means he doesn't have item and making fool of me. And as he know ebay won't do anything he kept on buying time with no result. How difficult is this for ebay to cancel this order and mis- committment from vendor????? I need refund now...don't want to waste my hard earned money on useless companies like ebay.
Message 160 of 233
latest reply