cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buyers (sibycherukara ) openly misuse ebay rating policy

Any buyer who buys from ebay always becomes wise after he has made the purchase and the reason for this sudden gyan is ebay who has a policy in place that buyers cannot be rated negative by the seller. Take the case of this buyer sibycherukara who does not mind that the product is not correct for him (not correct is his version, not mine) but he believes in putting down sellers on ebay by calling them stupid business men who have no business ethics. tall words for a person who has made only one purchase since 2005. This buyer has given me a negative rating just because he did not like the way I wrapped the product. I have wrapped the item (motorola battery) in 2 plastic bags and the wrapped the whole thing in a tissue paper and put the wrapped battery in a four square cigarette pack which is mine as I smoke and sealed the pack with cello tape and this person calls me names and gives me negative rating saying toilet paper used for wrapping. I even made an offer to replace the battery or refund money but he is just not interested in settings things right and gives a negative rating.
How does buying one battery make the buyer my godfather and my savorier in business really I don't understand. When this same customer buys things from the shop or even malls does he insure that the shopkeeper has washed his hands and are the plastic bags or wrapping paper sanitized for his excellency to use.
You people decide. I have been with ebay since the year 2000 and I have seen many customers but not one as high profiled as this buyer. Your views please.
My offer of replacement or full refund still stands valid.

Thanks. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

golden.box
Community Member
i think the buyer is fully right and it is your fault in this case. Nobody would like to receive their items packed in a cigarette box and wrapped with a tissue.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Why cigarette box:O
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

joelgm1983
Community Member
I myself would have been offended if my product came wrapped in a cigarette box! It enthuses a sense of non-professionalism. That said, the customer may have chosen to not go public with his comment, and settled for an amicable settlement.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I don't really see what's the big fuss about. Just take out the battery which is wrapped in 2 plastic bags and chuck away the box, that's the end of it, its only a carrier. Why use that pack-simple because it is small, does not weigh much, it is strong and waterproof/laminated how else would you pack such a small battery and make sure it reaches the customer safely. What's there to get offended about it and why tissue paper, if news paper is OK then what's wrong with tissue paper its clean, healthy and non-polluting and biodegradable too and without any carbon ink which is present in news print paper!!!. BTW what's professionalism, who is a professional on ebay, we just tend to use that word too much without knowing its meaning and context that we use it in. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

akaggrwl
Community Member
The fuss is the fact that a product advertised as new was received wrapped in tissue paper and a cigarette box - i would have been offended as well but maybe would not have gone as far as to leave a negative (but thats just me).

I mean this in highest possible constructive sense but look at the comments - 4 out of 4 comments against what you've done should make you realize that you've wronged so stop being so defensive. The community clearly does not condone what you did and the negative is well deserved.

Oh and btw i've dealt with a lot of sellers on eBay who displayed professionalism - accurate product description, contact details in listing, polite to talk to, Vat invoices, well packed packages shipped promptly via good couriers like Bluedart/DTDC are all subsets of professionalism on eBay.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member

Dear all , Pl. be generous and show patience to keep the negative feedbacks away from all your sales and purchases at eBay . Lets all make eBay a happy and friendly shopping destination in New Year .

Thanks

Narinder ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
I personally feel that the packing was not proper in this case. I do not smoke and have never touched a cigarette box or cigarette. Hence for me it gives me a negative impression of seller who has made me touch a thing which I never intended to touch in my life. Hence seller is facing this problem. Its more of emotional issue rather than business ethics. I hope this clears the doubts of seller & buyer & all others who are watching this thread (which is very interesting!).
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
What kind of Jokes whose been selling since 8 years uses toilet papers and cigarette boxes for packing.

E-Com market has evovled greatly since the last 8 years and many sellers today use custom made boxes and custom tapes for packing.

If this joker had been Adam, we would still have been living in jungles running around naked and hunting and gathering for food.

Evovle or atleast grow up kiddo.

And stop smoking, it is injurious to health.

------------
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I use cigarette cardboard as backing and get positive from European buyers and this indian is more civilised.Ebay should unregister him first.I am smoking for last 56 years without any problem.It works like vitamin.Not at all bad for health.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply