cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buyers (sibycherukara ) openly misuse ebay rating policy

Any buyer who buys from ebay always becomes wise after he has made the purchase and the reason for this sudden gyan is ebay who has a policy in place that buyers cannot be rated negative by the seller. Take the case of this buyer sibycherukara who does not mind that the product is not correct for him (not correct is his version, not mine) but he believes in putting down sellers on ebay by calling them stupid business men who have no business ethics. tall words for a person who has made only one purchase since 2005. This buyer has given me a negative rating just because he did not like the way I wrapped the product. I have wrapped the item (motorola battery) in 2 plastic bags and the wrapped the whole thing in a tissue paper and put the wrapped battery in a four square cigarette pack which is mine as I smoke and sealed the pack with cello tape and this person calls me names and gives me negative rating saying toilet paper used for wrapping. I even made an offer to replace the battery or refund money but he is just not interested in settings things right and gives a negative rating.
How does buying one battery make the buyer my godfather and my savorier in business really I don't understand. When this same customer buys things from the shop or even malls does he insure that the shopkeeper has washed his hands and are the plastic bags or wrapping paper sanitized for his excellency to use.
You people decide. I have been with ebay since the year 2000 and I have seen many customers but not one as high profiled as this buyer. Your views please.
My offer of replacement or full refund still stands valid.

Thanks. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Hello rajelectroniks,

Your Profile shows that you are good seller but unfortunately, you have not considered your online buyer as offline buyer. If the buyer purchase anything from any shop in the market can the seller pack it in Cigarette Box and you as a buyer can you accept such pabking. This is highly disregard to any buyer. Seller will have to be more cautious when he is buying online because he is paying beforehand without seeing the item. In such circumstances seller's responsibility increases.

Anyway, this is a mistake on your part. But the buyer could have contacted seller for clarification than to take such harsh step.

Only options left to you, I can suggest:

Write to buyer apologizing for any mistakes you have done unknowingly without any bad intention, and request him to review the Feedback. If he agrees, send him Feedback Review form.

Secondly, if buyer do not agree to review the Feedback, you can file the case in Community Court.

Learn a lesson for dealing in future to cinsider buyer as if he is buying from your show-room.

Ashok Agarwal
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

What is going on here?Beg mercy?For what?
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I strongly disagree with the way the seller has packed the item. It is NOT the legitimate way of packing!

Dear rajelectroniks, I appreciate that you got so many positives from various buyers with good notes. But I take this opportunity to advice/request/inform (in whichever way you wish to take) you to revise your packing method.

Use customised packing materials. Get some materials from the stationaries. Spend some Rs.3 to Rs.5 for it. No harm. That will only take you to greater heights.

Only concentrating on these silly things will make you achieve success in online business. Yes ofcourse, there is no harm in packing things in cigarette box or tissue papers (as long as it is unused) but yet, there are certain materials available for certain use. Tissue paper is meant for cleaning purpose, cigarette box is meant for carrying cigarette and so on.

Just imagine tomorrow if some seller says that he is a Pan eater and so packed his item in an empty 'Hans' wrapper or something like that. Just avoid it.

Anyways, I've just said what I feel. You may do what you feel as good.

All The Best!!

Thank U!
Faheem
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

thebulkseller87
Community Member
Raje-> MAn...Change Your Brand! Four Square is really to say anyone to get angry..

Mild is Good.!! its healthy for health !< not our health/ panwala's health and wealth>

Nothing a big issue... you replace the item ,,this time..
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Let me begin by saying that as the response is so overwhelming about the issue and I hence would to:
APOLOGISE FOR ANY SENTIMENTS THAT I MAY HAVE HURT BY THE WAY OF PACKAGING MATERIAL USED BY ME. That was surely not my intension or a way to save money No not at all. My offer to the customer is still open for either replacement battery or full refund as he would like.
That said I would like to clarify just one small point because @game_mastr has said "Use customised packing materials. Get some materials from the stationaries. Spend some Rs.3 to Rs.5 for it." I would to state that the item was NOT SENT TO THE CUSTOMER JUST IN A CIGG PACK (How will I stick the address label on the pack).
I have wrapped the item (motorola battery) in 2 zip-lock plastic bags and the wrapped the whole thing in a new tissue paper used to clean camera lenses(not toilet paper as said by the customer) and put the wrapped battery in a four square cigarette pack and sealed the pack with cello tape and this pack is then put in a cloth backed envelope costing Rs.4.70/- each. I also sealed the top and the bottom of this cloth backed envelope with 2 inch wide packing tape and then a computer printer address label was stuck on the envelope and sent to the customer. The battery was not just sent in an empty cigarette as is being said. The cost of my packing per item comes to about Rs.8.00/-. Just wanted to clear some misunderstanding nothing else. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

@ rajelectroniks:

Thats great! May be I misunderstood you. I apologise.

Thank U!
Faheem
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hello rajelectroniks,

As many of the other sellers said, you should not use cigarette boxes for packing. You will get custom small plain boxes in the market for packing purpose which costs you approx Rs.2/- each. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thank You....
@snrama
@game_mastr Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I request young generation to give up smoking.Hazardous habit.Your wife and children will be happy.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hello Seller,

Only options left to you, I can suggest:

Write to buyer apologizing for any mistakes you have done unknowingly without any bad intention, and request him to review the Feedback. If he agrees, send him Feedback Review form.

Secondly, if buyer do not agree to review the Feedback, you can file the case in Community Court.

Learn a lesson for dealing in future to consider buyer as if he is buying from your show-room.

Ashok Agarwal
Message 20 of 20
latest reply