:Assured gifts is a fake"

suhail500
Community Member
dear all
When i see the diwali assured gifts offer from ebay, i remember sadly my experience during their valentine gifts offer.
I had purchased two items and opted for the free gifts through ebay about 6 months back.
Ebay never sent me the gifts, despite repeated communication with them.
So beware of the FAKE Offers !!! U will neveeeer receive them.
This incident has also reduced my transactions through ebay and loose belief in ebay.
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

I have purchased item no 280401925392 since there was an offer of a free DVD player with gift number 09DIWALI12. There was no place to enter the gift code while making payment so I sent the gift code immediately after payment. THERE IS NO STATEMENT THAT THE GIFT WILL BE FORFEITED IF THE GIFT CODE IS NOT ENTERED DURING PAYMENT. This is a false promise being made by Ebay and they are committing a fraud on customers. I am a journalist and I am taking this to the consumer protection forum and the media. Other people affected by this fraud please contact me

Let us stop multinational companies from defrauding Indians through nefarious schemes

Santosh
uncannybal@hotmail.com
Message 31 of 61
latest reply

muraliadee
Community Member
Well i agree that the free gift thing from ebay is one big fraud ,to lure junta in buying things.I had bought items during the monsoon offer and despite reminders there is nothing moving in that direction .All there so called call centre,live chat and customer care center is of no help at all.They have a totally unprofessional attitude.
I have almost stopped buying from ebay off late.Nobody seems to be bothered.Some how i feel its difficult to reach the big guys and the small guys are of no help other the the so called escalation of matter to their so called seniors.
Message 32 of 61
latest reply

killverine
Community Member
Dear Ebay Team,

I had purchased a D&G watch transaction no.120472422368 but i forgot to enter the coupon code, which i conveyed to Ebay via livechat and i was assured a revert back. I got a call from Mumbai Ebay about 10 days back and they confirmed about which Diwali gift i want, their is no news after that is it really coming & if yes when?
Please do revert back as i was very Happy buying from ebay and would like to continue the relation.

Thanks in advance,
Prasshant
Message 33 of 61
latest reply

muraliadee
Community Member
I wonder is someone in ebay taking all these things seriously or they have this so called discussion boards just as an eye wash.Getting to speak to the right guy in ebay is like hitting your head against a wall.I have been writing to these guys regularly but these guys are really thick skinned .Nobody seems to take any actions.I still dont know when the intentions of ebay is not to give the free gifts why the hell do they keep coming up with these huge fraud offers.Really i have lost faith in these guys.I guess somewere down the line these guys must be pocketing the free gifts.My god if you bid and dont pay these guys raise a huge hue and cry and now look at them they simply dont want to give the free gifts as promised.Really fraud i must say.
Message 34 of 61
latest reply

update: I received the 'Moser Baer DVD player' gift today. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 35 of 61
latest reply

singhamitk17897
Community Member
Thanks e-bay for sending my Diwali Promotion gift .Today only I have received Moser Baer DVD Playerthrough Blue Dart Couriers.I made my e-bay purchase on 10-Oct-2009 and after reading all the comments ,I was bit skeptical.But after receiving product,I was amazed to see its genuine quality and I would say even if I wouldn't have received Diwali gift ,main purchase item is much more appreciable for me.For me lesson learnt is to always deal with genuine sellers and payment through Paisa Pay.Overall, I am very glad to deal with E-bay for my first purchase.
Message 36 of 61
latest reply

Thank You eBay,

My 2009 Diwali Gift was delivered today, "A Moser Baer DVD player".

I think eBay has started send the Diwali Gifts, everyone keeps your eyes peeled.

So eBay Diwali Gift Scheme is not a fraud.

****************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 37 of 61
latest reply

vasushop
Community Member
My Diwali Gift also delivered today, "A Moser Baer DVD player".

No way eBay if fake....Its just matter of some days wait.

Thank You eBay:-)
Message 38 of 61
latest reply

:^O lol...nice turn around to this whole discussion, what with ppl getting their gifts n' all. i wonder what the hail-mary raising journalists n' bloggers have to say about this!!? :-) -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 39 of 61
latest reply

mraj146
Community Member
any body opted for and received "PLANTRONICS EXPLORER BLUE TOOTH HEAD SET" as their diwali gift....

please do share if any body has received this particular gift...
Message 40 of 61
latest reply