cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the customs(import) duty on mobile phones imported from USA

msr2cool
Community Member
Hi, I am planning to buy a samsung epic 4g mobile phone from ebay.com, but don't know how much about the custom's(import) duty on the phone which i can buy for 15000/- from ebay.com, can any one tell me how much the customs(import) duty is charged on a mobile phone bought around 15000/-, and would they(custom's people) consider the value that is on the invoice or the bill given by the ebay seller or they look at market value of the phone?.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: what is the customs(import) duty on mobile phones imported from USA

Where will i have to pay the custom duty.Will I have to go to their office.will anybody contact me when the product reaches india.Actually I dont no the process.Please help me.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

sir i have booked 3 i phones 6 from UK
and i have all paid( clearnce fee and importatipn tax dilivery charges

sir may u plz tell me how many taxes in these procedure
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

kh-enas
Community Member

Hi,

Please note this is a member-to-member forum, where eBay users can seek advice from other users. If you need to contact eBay directly, please do so here.

Regards,

Enas

Community Moderator

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

sun4mumbai
Community Member

mumbai custom officers are pigs **bleep** they will try to take as much as money possible from you .,.they are most currupt people in this world and not just officers money flows from top to bottom ,.,nobody is going to hear you from peon to commisnor all are in same mud.

for my 195 $ mobile they ask me to pay 16000 rs  duty and when i refused to pay and take parcel then one of **bleep** custom oficer came and made a deal of rs 5000.  but on my custom reciept (i seen this by visiting post office personally and asking them for my custom reciept ) they declared its value 7890 rs and duty and taxes applicable is nil

and as its our great indian system nobody is going to hear your voice 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

The customs rule clearly state that the valuation can never be done on the basis of perceived value in India, it has to be either the acual amt paid + any expenses related to it, or if that info in not avlbl then on the basis of import cost of other wholesalers importing in bulk.

But yes as many gentleman pointed out, custom office is full of jerks and they sit in the pockets of big importers and give them all the exemption, but to fulfill their 'targets' they charge anything they want to the innocent small scale importers. I've been through this multiple times and not finally going to quit importing.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Hi 

I have one question, I am from Banaglore, planing to buy a cell phone from aliexpress.com,from China.

what could be the duty tax charges where do we need to pay, do we need to go to Airport to pay and get the goods

please clarify and help me

Thanks

Raghu

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

hey hi you are rite ... now pls help me with this i order my mobile for 85 $ but custom charger is almost 200$ now what i need to do pls tell me i have 6 days from now

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

abha-72
Community Member
Hello,

According my online research. The mobile phones should fall under HS code 85171290. The import duty is calculated on the basis of CIF value.
According to cybex.in you would be liable to pay an import duty of 17.9% of the CIF value.

Resource:-
http://www.cybex.in/indian-custom-duty/Duty-Calculator-85171290.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Abhay
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

195$ = 7000&odd ?

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

seaiexi0
Community Member

Mobile phones custom duty from USA : https://www.seair.co.in/custom-duty/mobile-phones.aspx 

Message 20 of 21
latest reply