Optimise your eBay Shop - Online Workshop

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello All,

Shops, a new way to sell, have been introduced on the eBay India site. Shops are the best way to help dedicated sellers maximise their online business. Sellers with an eBay Shop get powerful and easy-to-use tools that enable them to develop their own brand and encourage buyers to buy more.

eBay staff will be conducting an Online Workshop to help you understand how best you can optimise your eBay shop. The workshop is scheduled between, 3 PM to 4 PM, on 15th April, i.e., Friday

See you on 15th at 3!

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

harryfashion_in1
Community Member
Hi,
I have listed "Corduroy Fabric" in my store, and there is nobody else selling this, so why it does not appear in searched listings for the word "Corduroy" , do let me know,

Rgds
Haresh
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Mix of Auction v/s Shops: Make your auctions WORK for your shop!

Once a buyer comes to your listing then he views your shop from there and gets directed to your shop. Auction listings have higher number of watches, bids and buyers as compared to fixed price.

SO its very important to have auction listings on the site as buyers tend to prefer that format while making the purchase.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

On this posts we have made some suggestions on how you can optimise your shops and make it more relevant for growing your online business.

For any further queries, please feel free to post here. We will be glad to find out and let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards
Rajesh, John, Tanya and Sapana
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

harryfashion_in1
Community Member
how to get the "Store Traffic Report" ???
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

indianstyles
Community Member
when you are promoting shop to much but there is very small link in home page hardly any body notice do somthing about it promote shop which give you nice business
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

indianstyles
Community Member
i would like to know the cross promotion is for erticular item or shop let me know
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

indianstyles
Community Member
one suggestion when we are paying separately for auction and shop
as we all know we are paying a good amount for shop every month
you should not charge for worldwide shipping as we can't list every thing
but when it will be free (specially for premium shop) you can get good business
just think of it
SHALINI
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

kukusworld
Community Member
Hi,
We have created our basic shop yesterday but while trying to configure/customize it we are facing some problems which I am listing below:

1. In left navigation bar settings it does not allow to change to ebay categories from Custom categories. Even after selecting ebay categories it still reverts back to custom categories once we save the settings. Why?
Category type: Custom categories

2. In edit Theme and Header content settings even after unchecking Display accent boxes in left navigation bar and header, it puts that back after saving ?

3. On Custom page we created our listing just does not appear ?

-Kukusworld
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear harryfashion_in1,

Regarding your query on " Shop Traffic Report", you will be able to access these reports once you subscribe to Featured or Premium Level of Shops. The same can be viewed under My Ebay Page under " Manage My Shop"

Thanks
Tanya
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear chennaiplaza,

Each Store Owner has three opportunities to use Cross Promotions to their advantage. It is the perfect way to promote matching items, add-on items, or additional items of the same nature.

Use the link below for better understanding of Cross Promoting of your items.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/cp-overview.html
Cross-Promotion Strategies: http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/cp-strategies.html

Please note that since your Shop Inventory Format Listings do not appear under regular search results, it is always advisable to keep a healthy mix of regular listings with Shop listings to drive traffic to your shop.

To know more about on how to drive traffic towards your shop, please read the entire thread under this topic.

Thanks
Tanya
Message 20 of 25
latest reply