optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I sold an item on ebay and sent it via Royal Mail standard parcels.
The buyer contacted me a few days ago and told me it had not yet been received, there is still time for the item to be received I'm sure before it is classed as "lost" but I just want to find out what the next steps are if the buyer does not receive the item at all.
What do I need to do? I do have proof of postage but this really only consists of a receipt stating how much it cost to post and written on it by hand is the recipients house number and post code.
I put my house number and post code on all the parcels I send out.
Advice much appreciated as this hasn't happened to me before. And it's not low value either it sold for £31.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I recently sold two bags to one buyer and shipped them both in one box. The buyer received the bags and claimed that there's a terrible smell to one of them since the other one was in the same box, it has a smell as well. She said she's allergic to the smell and has to take benedryl to calm it down. I honestly did not smell anything when I had the bags in my possession. Would you accept return if you were me?
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I sold my Apple MacBook on eBay at the end of March. It was working like a dream and in perfect condition.

Buyer places winning bid and takes 3 days to pay although they were actively bidding at the end of the auction. I thought nothing of it.

I send the MacBook by tracked & signed for delivery with insurance. Buyer messages me at 1pm on the day the package says "out for delivery" and tells me that the MacBook will not power on. So I advised he try a couple of steps to ensure that it's not just because the battery has ran down. Buyer asks for return address so he can send the MacBook back.

I've been burned on eBay before so advise him I will accept return if he raises a case through the resolution centre.

In the interim I check the tracking info for the package which says the item wasn't signed for until 17:21 which is odd as he had messaged me at 1pm. The individual also purchased a liquid damaged MacBook the day after winning mine. This concerned me as I have heard so many bait and switch horror stories.

The buyer informed me that the MacBook was shipped on the 7th of April but I am still yet to receive it. I have escalated the case to eBay who have asked him to provide a tracking reference and he has 10 days to give them this. From our conversations in the case logs he has sent the MacBook by standard parcel which isn't a traceable service. Hence my worry as to the whereabouts of the MacBook.

I have checked with my concierge, neighbours, local post offices and postal depot and they haven't seen the item.

Any ideas on what else I can do? If he cannot provide eBay with a tracking number will they still refund? I can't afford to lose £300 and a MacBook.

Any advise would be great

Thank you
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I sold something on Ebay yesterday - this isn't the first time I've sold on Ebay, but it's a VERY occasional thing. The buyer paid me right away, but when I went to Paypal, the funds are being held - possibly for 21 days!

They suggested ways to expedite release of the funds - one of which being printing the label, which I did - I'm going to ship the item Priority Mail on my way home. BUT, they will still hold the money until after it is delivered!

Maybe I'm living under a rock, but I've NEVER had to wait for my money before! I've sold tickets to concerts, etc., and the money was always there for me to transfer to my bank account.

Has something changed? TIA!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I'm toying with the idea of selling a couple of bags. Never done it before (online or elsewhere) and I'm a little apprehensive. I've heard some stories about sellers losing out on eBay and such. I'm not looking to make a killing, just to regain some of my expenditures to maybe fund some future bags. For you experienced sellers out there, what venue would you recommend I use? I know there's eBay, Craigslist, and one called Bonanza? ( never seen it). Also, any good selling tips you want to share (item descriptions, asking prices, etc)? Thank u
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

@optiontips.in...

You are not doing business in India, you are not selling on ebay.in, you are selling whatever you sell in UK, this is not your true id, you have created this id just for the ebay.in forum.

Why do you keep on asking us useless questions.....for what?.
StopandShop
Message 15 of 15
latest reply