optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I sold an item on ebay and sent it via Royal Mail standard parcels.
The buyer contacted me a few days ago and told me it had not yet been received, there is still time for the item to be received I'm sure before it is classed as "lost" but I just want to find out what the next steps are if the buyer does not receive the item at all.
What do I need to do? I do have proof of postage but this really only consists of a receipt stating how much it cost to post and written on it by hand is the recipients house number and post code.
I put my house number and post code on all the parcels I send out.
Advice much appreciated as this hasn't happened to me before. And it's not low value either it sold for £31.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
any comments
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
hello
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

sales.india
Community Member
did you use speedpost?
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
If you've recently purchased a fake handbag online (ebay, bonanza, etc) please read this thread for instructions on how to proceed. This is just advice and is in no way a guarantee that you will win your claim. Should you have any additional, specific questions please start a new thread.

#1) Contact your seller to see if they will freely allow you to return your item for a complete refund. Sometimes sellers will not put up a fight. Please note that if they do allow you to return the bag, the return shipping will likely come out of your own pocket. Also, for your own protection I suggest getting signature confirmation and insurance, especially if a lot of money is on the line.

#2) What to do if your seller won't accept a return? Open an ebay or paypal claim immediately. You don't need to escalate it yet but opening a claim will let your seller know you're serious and will alert ebay/ paypal to the issue.

* If you purchased your item thru ebay, file an ebay claim to utilize "ebay buyer protection".
* If you did not go through ebay, but paid through paypal, file your claim with paypal to take advantage of paypal's buyer protection.

#3) Escalate the claim once you're ready to make your case. You should not need a written letter of authenticity/ non-authenticity if you file your claim through ebay but you may need one for a paypal claim to prove non-authenticity. If a written letter of authenticity is needed for any reason, see below for more information.

#4) If all else fails and ebay/ paypal are of no help, try a credit card chargeback. Of course you'd have to have paid with a credit card in order to do so. If you've paid with western union, bank wire transfer or paypal balance, you're options are very limited unfortunately but still worth a try.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
Hello
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
I bought an item from a seller I have bought from before on Jan 30. After ten days I messaged them to tell them it never arrived and she apologised and said she could refund me or I could pick another item from her. I picked another item and she told me it would be with her the next week. We had regular email contact through Ebay messaging etc., but it has been a month and I have neither the item nor the replacement. I emailed her last week to ask if she had heard anything from the post office and she said not yet, but was confident they'd refund her. She didn't mention anything about the replacement, so I assumed it was on it's way.
Tonight, realising it has been a month, I messaged her again to ask what is going on and got an automated message that she is away on holiday until the middle of March, which is after my 45 day window has passed. I am annoyed to say the least, but still feel bad about having to file INR as she's been apologetic and offered to replace or refund. I have bought from her before and not had any problems, though she takes a while to despatch occasionally. I have no reason to believe she's out to scam me, but think she just forgot.
What should I do? File or hope she checks her messages?

thank u
optiontips.in
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
How to almost bullet proof yourself from unpaid items....

These steps have made my selling time so much more fun.
My Ebay
My Account tab
Site Preferences
Buyer Requirements
Edit
Block Buyers without a PayPal account (eBay says 80% of NPBs have no PayPal)
Block Buyers with 2 unpaid item strikes within 12 months (You have to select these, the default is 3 within 3 months I think, which is waaaaaayyy too generous)
Block buyers with Policy Violations (4 within 6 months is the minimum setting)
Block buyers with -1 feedback score
Bonus extra option is to block people who are winning more than X items in 10 days. You can set the minimum feedback requirements. Don't get too carried away here or you might lose the dream multiple item buyer. The benefit here is that it stops people who are first time eBayers winning all your items in their excitement. I like new buyers, but I can't have them win all my items at once! They can always email me to ask for the restriction to be lifted if they are keen.
Choose apply to current and future listings. (this last step is very very important.)
Note: you can also block countries if you want to. You can now select individual countries from a region. Remember we live in a wonderful big world. There are people all over the world who are excellent bidders who would love to buy your item, if only they knew about it. (conversely, there are also not so nice people all over the world)

You can then watch who is being blocked by these steps
My eBay
My account
Site Preferences
Buyer Requirements
Buyer Requirements Activity Log

I have used this to stare in amazement at the number of people with strikes who would have bid on my items.

I have also used it to spot low feedback buyers who paid reliably and to grant them exemption from conditions. If you do find you have blocked one of your reliable new buyers, then just send them a note to explain it's not personal, just a filter and they will turn into wonderful repeat customers!

Hope this is useful. Using these steps certainly improved my quality of life!

Tip! You might want to copy this and print it out or save it to a new window... It's pretty long - lots of steps!

optiontips.in
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
hello
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

optiontips.in

optiontips.in
Community Member
Hi guys -

I hope this is okay to post!!

There are a lot of threads here talking about fake bags and buyers but what about if you want to sell a bag? How do you assure someone it is real?

I sold a Burberry bag on eBay that my friend gave to me. You will have to trust me that it is 100% real - she works in fashion and got it as a gift from Burberry directly - I know this for a fact. The buyer seems skeptical now that she has received it. I assumed they were all made in Italy (I didn't say this in the ad but when she asked I said I assumed it was - but I couldn't find a ''made in'' tag in the bag. Note she asked this after the bag was already bought and paid for). She seems to have found a tag now and it does say Made in China. I was surprised (but not THAT surprised since everything is now) and did some research here and apparently authentic Burberry is Made in China. I actually referred here HERE to the authentication thread in case she still didn't think so!!

I dont EVER want to make someone think they were ripped off or got a bad bag, but as a seller I don't want to be scammed either.

Any tips?

Thanks!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply