cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Sellers are opening their own Selling Websites leaving eBay.in?

lotmany
Community Member
Why Sellers are leaving eBay.in and searching for other country eBay sites?
Why they are trying well to start their own selling sites?

View 1 : Simple, eBay.in having nomad executives to deal with its Customers in a loyal way and failure of few customer support executives in rendering proper help in the right time and over enthusiastic/lazy/prejudice/copypaster Trust & Safety executes (many of them).

View 2 : Sellers want to have freedom of their own genuine/fantastic policies and a meet buyer requirements to provide fabulous experience.

View 3 : Sellers want to grow individually.

View 4 : Sellers want to earn more profit and give items at lesser prices.

Ofcourse, we always agree that eBay is a great place to sell or buy and there are excellent customer support and Trust and safety folks.

Regards
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I feel just because they want to expand them self so they open there store
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

true_value_deals
Community Member
disappointing !!!!
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
well i have a different point of view on the subject.

it will be foolishness for people to even think of doing business elsewhere. no other website gives the convenience and assurance of payments like ebay. ebay is the largest most visible with biggest variety of items. it is most reliable amongst the buyers and attracts most buyers. it offers the lowest prices in most of items. all this means bigger greater opportunities. i understand life as a seller is a bit uncertain but if you are doing your work in a sincere and hardworking way, nothing can affect you. i can say this having been suspended thrice in the past.

if we were not making money we would not be here at the first place. being a seller for sometime now, i am sure there is a full time career to be made here if you are ready to work hard on ur sourcing and keep establishment costs low. we are all cribbing bout 0.5% increase in PP charges. while i m myself not too happy about it, but its not end of the world or business. we need to cut our costs or become a bit more efficient just a little bit to make up for that.

i agree with ebay when they say thay they have not raised PP charges for last 3 years and inflation has grown much more in comparison. i somehow do not agree though with the reasoning of increase in technology costs. but overall, its still the best place to buy and sell and for people like us, a lifetime opportunity to do well.

those who are writing of leaving can actually quietly do so. but i understand its a place and way to vent out frustation/anger. but we need to rechannel it to your supply chains so that we can continue to offer deals and make profits for ourselves as well

cheers
jasmine_collections
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
one more thing

those who think of opening their own website as childish as best. perhaps they are not aware of costs involved in opening and maintaining them. also who will buy from them. it takes years of toil to get market confidence. its just not possible. just plain wishful thinking. hope sellers think of this before burning their money on such ventures

i tried their new toll free numbers for sellers where we can contest negative/neutral feedbacks...it worked wonders. if you are genuine and sincere in ur dealings with the buyers, and unfortunately u have got a unfavorable feedback, be rest assured it will be looked after. the only point is that ARE you doing correct and honest business dealing ?

i am loving my current phase on ebay. my profit margins are razor thin bordering on losses at times, but i m pushing it..

yeah its also true as some other seller brought out that ebay keeps more margin than the buyer in every deal :). that will happen if your margin is less than 5% which is true for all my listings

regds
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I agree with the point of buyers leaving ebay and so the sellers. I too try to buy first from other sites and use ebay as the last option.

Unfortunately ebay is not worried it seems. It maybe due to increasing number of new users or higher income from changed policies.
Message 25 of 25
latest reply