cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble shipping electronic goods from Gujarat to West Bengal

My Product(Mini laptop -- weight approx 1 kg) has been sold on Ebay,and the buyer's shipping address is in West Bengal.

I inquired most reputed courier company's in Ahmedabad, all denied to carry laptop (Electronic item) to West Bengal.

One of them became ready to deliver in west bengal but asking for 'FORM- 50' -- The road permit from sales tax department of west bengal ( which should be provided by buyer ) and a letter of undertaking that during transit or transportation if any damage to the goods occure the courier company is not liable for any dues/charges.

1) Can anyone suggest what to do in this situation?
( I had a talk with a buyer, but he shows his ignorence about such ' FORM - 50' )--- I have only 48 hrs left to provide shipping details.

2) In my listing -- under the Payment details section -- I wrote clearly that prices are exclusive of taxes and taxes are to be paid extra, but paisa pay has confirmed only listed price + shipping charge, how can I ask for amount on account of taxes to buyer or (paisapay)??
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You should first get yourself acquainted with all rules of selling before putting up an item for sale. You can ask your doubts here or post questions to any of the ebay staff members who would have helped you out readily but now you have this issue. For West Bengal form-42 is required for any item worth overs Rs.500. For form-42 your client has to collect it from the local sales tax office and fill the same and attach your sales invoice along with it and then form-42 will be issued to your client in triplicate which he will have to send to you. You will keep one copy, the other 2 copies you will have to send it along with your consignment. ALL the best.
=========================== Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Send thru blashflash or ondot thru by air.
Pack laptop properly and dont disclose to courier company

Samin
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

261putla
Community Member
Hi,

Im a seller.Can any one pls tell if buyer/seller need to fill in any forms to post an item to meghalaya.

Is it ok to post to meghalay:it seems only india post is available at this region.

Thanks for your answers.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi,

A complete list of documents required for different states of India is available on Blue Dart Website:

http://bluedart.com/regulatory.html

Please go through this.

As a rule we do not ship any item above Rs.500/- to WB and mention the same in all our listings.

-----------

Devesh
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

faransqi_09
Community Member
please contact me i have the format of this form i have suffered through the same ordeal but as a buyer being in West Bengal the best solution for u is to offer the refund and askthe buyer for refunding the amount. even if the buyer tries to process Form 50 he cannot get the form 50 processed in 2 days or even more unless he himsef is a shopowner/ seller Here in W.B since this form demands TIN/TAN no which is meant for wholesellers or resellers and as common buyers we don't have any. secondly the pace of this state is patheticlly, REDTAPED, beurocratic and communistic its no use banging your head here.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

A strange situation.I think refund is the only option.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

hey frnd need to ask one question if i want to ship a item costing rs.4400 to Jammu & Kashmir

so can i send without a form or stuff ???
as i saw on blue dart website that

Jammu & Kashmir

Inbound Shipments:
- VAT Form 65 is a must for all Inbound commercial shipments valued over Rs 4999.
- The Carrier needs to ensure the Sales tax nos are correctly and clearly mentioned while filling the VAT65 Form.
- At the time of delivery one copy of the form is to be endorsed by the consignee and handed over to the carrier who has to submit the same back at the point of issuance of the form.
- Entry tax is applicable. Even Govt. organizations are not exempted from payment of Entry Tax.

so please guide me if any one have any knowledge
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

any 1 know then let me know
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Most sellers (and courier people) are ill informed of this.

You CAN send electronic products to West Bengal. Buyer is not necessarily a shop/registered business. So you can send it under personal name/address.

Blue Dart Courier service clearly states
"Shipments consigned to individuals who do not have CSt & TIN/LST nos, a declaration from the consignee that the goods are not for sale and for personal consumption is a must."

Hope this helps.

Some good courier services which deliver electronic items:

Aramex, DTDC, BlueDart (expensive), and Speed Post (very fast).
Message 10 of 10
latest reply