Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Hi Anil,

The few points have been missed by you:

2) Please direct me to the logistics service provider (s) who will bind themselves to a 5 day or even a 7 SLA to that we can all commit to an SLA of 7 days to ebay.

a) For buyer expecation, I feel sellers should be allowed to charge separtely for expiditated shipping and standard shipping. This is available across all ebay platroms except India.

4) Now that the new SLA have been based on buyers's expectations, I suggest if a sellers falls in these timlines, the DSR for shipping time should be removed all together. If a buyer wants to leave a dsr for shipping time, he should first open a PaisaPay INR.

Every relation is a give and take. If ebay wants sellers to put more efforts in their business and align themselves to such sla, you have to give something in return.

Minimum you can offer is no DSR for shipping time once the above slas have been adhered to.

Second you should allow for separte charge for standard shipping and express shipping. This is most urgent.

Buyers opting for free or minimal shipping should have expectations of next day delivery. It is impossible.

From your reply:

where Sellers have clearly mentioned non serviceable location

Now there will be many locations which can not be serviced in 7 days, so will mentioning of - No Delivery to Remote Areas" enought to suffice for negative rating removal. We will not be in a position to clearly mention non serviceable location.

A refund policy cannot be based on data which says that 96%. It has to be 99.9%. Why unnecessarily add to the work load of sellers and an already harrassed VCustomer.

These days they are calling up for cases filled over 20 days back. They are so overburdened or inefficient.

Devesh
Message 81 of 104
latest reply

Dear Mr. Anil,

Please answer a few questions. I am sure all the sellers want to know answers to these questions : -

1. What purpose will changing the delivery timeline, serve? Will it make the courier companies sit up and become more efficient, so that buyer experience improves? A shipment will still take the time it will take otherwise whether its 2 days or 10 days.

2. What about items that need to be sent by surface mode, which normally takes at least 7 days and more than 7 days 50% of times. So the sellers who need to send these items, like furniture, heavy electronics, shut their shops? I guess that will be better than following refund claims for each of their shipments.

3. Isnt your policy discuraging sellers from far away states like assam, Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala etc? as their shipments need to cover more distance than sellers who are located in metro cities. Will it lead to growth of ebay?

4. Havent you already decided on the policy and there is no way its implementation can be effected. If yes, why open discussion for the same. So much logical reasoning from sellers can't make you change the decision. So why discussion at all?

5. Isnt this policy affecting the smooth operations of ecommerce business by increasing interaction between customers and customer service? The buyers tiday are not complaining with the 10 days deadline. They are used to it. when the deadline is 7 days, they will fees its their right to get the item in 7 days. Wont frequent refund request affect the reputation of ebay?

6. Does ebay India really think that they can get away with any policy change and sellers have no other option than to accept it. Today ebay may be only one portal of its kind in India and the sellers may have no similar choice. But remember, competition can come without warning. If you have disgruntled sellers, they will abandon you at first opportunity. Hint : Amazon is already in process.

A change is good if it achieves a purpose for betterment. Changing something just for the sake of it is sick. It just give an impression that the management is doing something to show their bosses that the year end. Even if its detrimental to the health of the business.

Thank you and best wishes.
Message 82 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Devesh,

Few clarifications on your queries

During our discussions with logistic partners for eBay shipping solution we have received firm commitments from our Logistic partners to deliver items across India max within 6 days (incl COD).

Shipping products within the set timelines does not indicate it has met buyers expectations, these guidelines are hygiene (& set basis keeping in mind various exceptions which may not be applicable for majority of the transactions) to ensure buyer receive their products faster and Sellers receive their remittances faster. E.g. Would you agree with Buyer from Mumbai receiving products from a Mumbai seller after 12 days and the Seller still receiving 5 DSR as he has met PaisaPay timelines?

On Non serviceable location bit, Just mentioning "No delivery to remote location" does not suffice as it does not indicate whether his location is being serviced or not.

Additionally on Refund policy, as mentioned earlier in my thread, I appreciate your feedback on the policy and will consider it while making changes to the PaisaPay refund policy.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 83 of 104
latest reply

According to my opinion : Shipping duration shouldn't be changed by ebay as the logistic company are neither owned or controlled by ebay or the seller or the buyer.

Before changing any rules the Ebay should first think how and what would they do if they are in the seller position? We Indian sellers are always hard worker and always accept challenges but we would get away from this ebay platform without any waste of time if another competitor portal comes in.

Ebay should increase the delivery timeline and if they are implementing this DELIVERY TIMELINE then the ebay should form a LOGISTIC COMPANY first in INDIA for every Sellers and in every City in INDIA for smooth operation.

Deepak
ebay : systeminlow
Message 84 of 104
latest reply

Whilst sticking to shipping from 7 to 5 days is a good idea, anything shipped out of the city from you post, you have no control over the postal department or courier service. As a matter of fact, I depend solely on the POSTAL DEPARTMENT SPEED POST ONLY WHERE AVAILABLE OR REGISTERED POST but I have no control over their delivering the material within a specified time. And I do not think anyone can guarantee this. We can ship but cannot guarantee when it will be delivered. I thinkother sellers also will agree with me on this point. Thanks premraj`1808 (6.09.2011)
Message 85 of 104
latest reply

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=ETNEW&BaseHref=ETD/2011/09/06&PageLabel=1&EntityId=Ar00104&ViewMode=HTML

See this article which came in "Economic Times" Delhi .. 6th Sept 2011

Ebay has only 21.7 lacs unique user in july, where as snapdeal having 101.2 lacs & small website like mydala also crossed ebay having 32.6 lacs. Also amazon 20.5 lacs without its hold in India. Think what will happen once it launches in India.

This shows how ebay is decreasing its hold in e-commerce, even amazon is going to launch very soon in India. I think is the best time for ebay to capture the Indian e-commerce market because once amozon is in market it will become more harder. Ebay should decrease commission & Paisa pay fees but instead of it they have increased it. Prices also automatically increased due to this.

Once amazon is in India, all seller will run away from ebay. Ebay it's time to change your attitude.
Message 86 of 104
latest reply

Hi Anil,

Thanks for keeping this thread open as many questions have still been unanswered.

1) Do these same timelines now also apply USA to India sellers?

2) If they do not apply to the USA to India, sellers is the waiver automatic? I mean I just put my item location as USA or Honk Kong and I get different time limes? Or is this user id based?

Regarding your message :-

"Would you agree with Buyer from Mumbai receiving products from a Mumbai seller after 12 days and the Seller still receiving 5 DSR as he has met PaisaPay timelines?"

Let me share my personal experience with you. I have received parcels from UK and China faster than I have received from Delhi.

So distance does not have anyting do with Express Deliveries these days. You can courier a parcel from any Metro City in the world to any Metro City in India within 2/3 working days if you are prepared to pay th premium for it.

Actually I do not want to contradict you but I really find some of your statements odd:

During our discussions with logistic partners for eBay shipping solution we have received firm commitments from our Logistic partners to deliver items across India max within 6 days (incl COD).

I had requested you to direct me to the Logistics Service provider who will bind to an SLA of six days with ebay sellers, not with ebay.

A courier would be willing to offer an SLA to a client who will have billing in Crores but not to one who has billing in just thousands. Hope you can undertand this simple bit of economic logic? Take a survey of TOP 100 ebay sellers and ask them if it is possible to bind any logistics partner for an SLA, any SLA forget about 7 days based on standard shipping rates.

I really think this policy could have been delayed by a one or two when you are going to launch the logistics, so that you can bind the couriers to a SLA.

Binding sellers to SLA which they cannot get from their logistics providers is simply insane.

Devesh
Message 87 of 104
latest reply

krrakesh007
Community Member
The first condition to change the Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days is good.

But the second option to revise Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days is not good.Because once the product is shipped,the seller isn't have any control over it.Also for north east India,there is only surface movement possible.In that case the new condition may not get satisfied.So it will be better to keep it as 10 itself.
Message 88 of 104
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
Mr Anil,

almost all buyers asked the same question which somehow has NOT been answered. shall repeat the same once again for a genuine strt forward reply:

1. What do u want buyer to do/ or think he can do to alter/modify/influence in anyway the actual time taken in transit?

2. i think a billion in a billion will say, nothing. in which case why r u reducing shipping time fm 10 to 7.

3. your go around replies say that u can ask buyer to extend etc. have u imagined the amount of resource timewise required for this? how do we scale up if we have to bother about these?

4. i wud urge your core group to kindly rethink on this aspect. as i see it, i think the whole world except those in ebay who matter, can see it as clearly as possible that this is a step backward and will seriously affect bz

5. the ebay charges now are so high that at times the earnings ratio of seller and ebay have reached 1:10. ie i earn 1 u earn 10. needless to say its not fair.

6. why push sellers to the wall and force them to look at alternatives. they are happy and trying hard here. why take steps to pull them down.

7. for the first time now in last one year, i have now seriously started to think downscaling the business. as the efforts reqd is far too much for the gains. i am by far the cheapest seller of all items i have on list. and we are v motivated. but things are looking down now for us.

8. i sincerely hope that u can anticipate the winds that r blowing and take some sane and reasoned corrected steps.

9. Last but not the least, why do you have such a detailed interaction when you dont come to table with even 1% scope for negotiation. 😉 . this happened when u increased ebay charges as well

pl dont mind. we are really v v frustated right now. so need to share it. perhaps its always now or never.

regds

Dutta
jasmine_collections
Message 89 of 104
latest reply

pjdvp
Community Member
Hi all,

I missed out the previous discussion but here is what i have thought about, and i hope, ebay considers the same which will be to the satisfaction to both, the buyer and the seller, and there is a win-win situation for all of us.

The dispatch time given : 5 days
Time to be delivered after dispatch : 7 days
total : 12 days.

Suppose, ebay makes a change in their policy which gives us as sellers, that the item reaches the buyer within maximum 12 days from the date of purchase instead of the 5+7days scenario ?

eBay is anyway giving us(as sellers), the product to reach the buyer within 12 days and i am certain, if considered, it will be a win-win solution for all of us.

I hope, eBay guys consider this as a better solution.

Although, i wouldn't want to prefer this but here ia a loop work around for the sellers who may feel insecured for the dispatch schedule:

the time given for dispatch is 5 days.
Paisapay tells us, that the material should reach the buyer within max. 7 days

Day 1. Buyer makes a purchase.
Day 2: Dispatch made and entered the selling details
Day 8. It has to reach the buyer as per the new policy.

The workaround:
Day 1. Buyer makes a purchase
Day 2. Dispatch the goods
Day 5. Enter shipping Details. (eBay anyway gives us 5 days to dispatch)
Day 12. It has to reach the buyer as per the new policy (max 7 days)

Here, we get a few more days to secure our order 🙂
Message 90 of 104
latest reply