Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All,
We understand that shipment made through speed post are cost effective and hence seller offer free shipping, but with reduced delivery timelines, all shipments through speed post could result in INR . Just to clarify this concern, during our analyses on shipment delivery which covered courier companies like DTDC, Speed post etc and found ~96% are delivered within 6 days.

Hope this helps

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 71 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Member,

To clarify on the Shipment timelines, these are 5 days and not 5 working days, very similar to how it functions currently.

Additionally, I do understand that there could a rare occurrence that 2-3 holidays add up to an extended weekend, but you will agree that such instances are rare and it will be very difficult for policies to cover all exceptions. For such rare occurrences, would advice the seller to communicate the same in the listings and leverage Request for time extension functionality provided by PaisaPay

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 72 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,
There are also concerns raised by members that Sellers will have bear a loss if the Buyer does not receive the item within 7 days.
To clarify, I agree that there would be instances (like today) where buyers may not receive the products within shipment delivery timeline and may raise an INR in PaisaPay. But be aware of the fact that INR’s do not get approved as soon as buyer raises an INR. Post raising an INR, Our PaisaPay team will get in touch with the buyer and seller and work with both of them to resolve the dispute to the satisfaction of both Buyer and Seller

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 73 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Member,

On PaisaPay Cash on delivery front, eBay is working with its logistics partner to ensure remittances are made significantly faster than the current timelines. We would update the community on this soon.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 74 of 104
latest reply

MR Anil,

Seems like you have already made your mind to go ahead even though you have so much resistance from sellers. Why waste yours and other time in that case by discussing with us. You implement it and we will follow just as always.

Also please dont keep things grey. What amicable solution examples can you site for us. You say something and your vcustomer team does exactly opposite. Please explain in detail how the process would be amicably resolved. Let us also know please.

thanks,
Ebay Follower
Message 75 of 104
latest reply

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply. Kindly confirm for jewellery sellers, are the paisapay timelines changed/unchanged for buyers from India.

Regards,
RG_Diamonds
Message 76 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Devesh,
There was never any intent on missing to reply to any of our member’s post, My sincere apologies if I have missed out on any in past.

With regards to your queries,

As mentioned in my earlier thread, eBay is actively working on the Shipping solution and you should hear on the same soon.

Firstly let me clarify that, PaisaPay will never blindly refund the money to the buyer, but will work with the seller and the buyer to resolve the dispute which is in satisfaction of both Buyer and Seller. This is not a new process and has been done since new PaisaPay was launched in late 2007.

Even if there are instances in PaisaPay INR’s / eBay guarantee* where you believe that the Refund to the buyer was not justified, you can appeal for protection under eBay seller protection policy.

On Refund to non serviceable locations, We have made changes to our feedback removal policy few months back which entitles sellers to appeal for removal of unjust feedback in cases where Sellers have clearly mentioned non serviceable location and still buyer from non serviceable location buy the item and subsequently leaves Negative / neutral feedback due to refund.

Thank you for your feedback on PaisaPay refund policy, will explore on how the same can be incorporated when we make changes to PaisaPay Refund policy.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 77 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi RG_Diamonds,

The new revised timeline is applicable for all transactions except for Furniture category and transactions done by International buyers.

Hence new PaisaPay timelines will be applicable for Jewellery category as well.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 78 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi rohitlovesdiamonds,

If you believe that our PaisaPay team has not resolved the claim to your satisfaction, Pls write back to me (agshenoy@ebay.com) with the transaction details and i will have the same reviewed.

I assure you that you will be protected if the review finds that you were not at fault and still the refund was approved to the buyer.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 79 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

Thank you for your active participation, I do belive i have covered & resolved most of the concerns raised. But there may still some queries whcih have not been answered, hence i will not be closing this thread for now and will update this thread with some more clarifications

Have a nice day

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 80 of 104
latest reply