Pricing Changes on eBay India

Dear Community Members,

Together with you we have been pursuing the goal of growing the online shopping business in India. To do this we have been investing continuously, along with our seller-members, to achieve the common objective of buyer delight.

Changes in eBay Fees: Post discussions with our key sellers across categories and after understanding the commercial dynamics of the ‘supply-chain’ in various product categories, we have made changes to the eBay.in fee structure and these can be viewed on the announcement board.

We would be conducting an online workshop tomorrow from 4 to 5 PM on this thread & we encourage you attend this Workshop, or use our Customer Support Resources to help you understand the overall Fees changes.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

youngistan
Community Member
Ebay India already charged very high but why they need to increase it again even without no extra promotion like other sites. Promotion on TV's, News Paper etc.

If you increase fees you should face problems of low sales. Seller are always suffering at ebay India portal even on feedbacks or shipping or lots of risk as of low margins.
Message 11 of 120
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I feel majority of the Sellers cannot earn much on ebay.

If you have to earn something on ebay then you need to work on wafer thin margins.
That's the business Model of ebay because ebay creates competition amongst the Sellers.
The one with the lowest price would get better Sales. One can only survive if one gets good volumes.

Now, since a couple of years the number of over-all Orders have shot up and sensing this .... ebay Fees has been increased by providing an excuse that they have been continuously investing.

If earlier, there were 1000 Orders a day on site .... ebay was earning X amount in a day.

Now, there are 5000 Orders in a day .... ebay is earning 5X amount in a day.

The logic is very simple .... when volumes increase Fees has to come down.

But with ebay they want increased volumes and increased profitability to make their profit 10X.

ebay Sellers need to pay the following Fees which is taken up in parts ....

1. Final Value Fees (FVF)
2. Listing Fees
3. PaisaPay Fee
4. EMI Fees
5. Shop Fees
6. Listing upgrade Fees
7. Service Tax

...... other expenses on Sellers, which are not accounted for are :

8. Courier Charges (where free shipping is offered for better DSR)
9. Insurance charges
10. Packaging charges
11. Loss against Items which are lost or damaged in transit
12. Other operational expenses.

So, if you account for all these ..... in reality the Fee would work out to be somewhere around 25%.

ebay would never ask for this kind of Fees and would always like to take it in parts ..... otherwise 90% of the Sellers would run away.

Increasing the Fees is totally against the growth and is not acceptable ...... But ebay is not an Indian Political Party in Power which may Roll Back the increased Fees.

It's like Take-it OR Leave-it.

In the Announcement, it is clearly mentioned ..... We are aware that, as a seller, you have a choice of outlets through which you can sell your products. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 12 of 120
latest reply

YES THE BITTER TRUTH IS TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. A typical American attitude.

In the present scenario, with unfriendly people at ebay, cut and paste customer care, useless feedback policy, crap CRF, no seller protection in place, refunds being done at a drop of hat, with all this, this price increase by ebay across the board is totally unacceptable to me as a seller.

To add to this the recent hike in Petrol price will send the seller budget for a complete toss, just calculate what will be bottom line for the sellers on ebay. It is much more sensible to shut down business on ebay.

StopandShop
Message 13 of 120
latest reply

dealz99
Community Member
I expected that ebay would reduce paisapay fees but instead they increased it. Also, increase in final value fee was not expected. Now thay increased listing fees and offering free sub title. All this will kill small sellers on ebay
Message 14 of 120
latest reply

dealz99
Community Member
The only way to escape from it is either ebay faces competition from other providers. I think big seller should create some rival websites.
Message 15 of 120
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

eBay will certainly loose Genuine sellers especially who are into Electronics Category (including Computer Peripherals).

Sellers cannot sustain with this pricing. As mentioned by rajelectroniks, its better to shut than getting 1-2% margin at the end of the day. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 16 of 120
latest reply

teslamachine1856
Community Member
WOW! Never Expected but it has come. And now it is time for me to CLOSE DOWN my shop. I would rather like to open my own website.

Shop fee(Basic) was Rs.249/-----> Rs.299---------> Rs.499-----> No limit...

Listing fee was Rs.1/-----> Rs.2/------> No limit....

They try to make money from shipping charges by imposing a MAX CAP on shipping charges and gave a lame reason for imposing the rule.

They also try to make money for processing the money from buyers to sellers which is 90%+ automated.

I will also not buy anything on www.ebay.in and will also recommend the same to others. Their Customer support is also the worst as there are times where I have waited for more than 3 months to get it resolved.

I will rather open my own website and also recommend the same to other sellers as we all have that talent and we just need a push.

I recommend each of you to open your own website as it is easy and will also cost less than Rs.1500/- per year. No need to pay anything for listings or FVFs etc.

I will assure that My Shop and all my listings will not survive after June 1st week. Good Bye Ebay::((

BYE All:(
Message 17 of 120
latest reply

expect the unexpected!

It is a better example for ebay's attitude towards is seller.

We knew this will happen one day, so we already prepared and now we are fully ready to change our platform from ebay to our own website. Our trial launch is very successful and i got a confident that i could survive with out ebay. So it is time to say good bye to ebay.

Thanks to ebay for providing the better e-commerce experience.

Lets see what will happen in next few months with ebay. best of luck to all co-sellers who dont have a alternatives or options. Buy branded tools at cheaper prices from http://stores.ebay.in/machpowertools
Buy branded tools at cheaper prices from http://stores.ebay.in/machpowertools
Message 18 of 120
latest reply

This is for sure now, We will increase our prices because the fees increased alot .. FVF 5% to 7%.. 2% difference is a quite heavy difference and besides ebay increase Rs.1000/- for a Premium shop and will charge 0.25 Paise Per listing fee.
and they also increase Paisapay Fees.
Quite shocking, because manufacturing cost is rising up day by day, fuel surcharges increase due to the petrol prices hike and Still ebay increase fees and they increase everywhere and we are working on a very very low margin..
Now what will be the solution ?... Noone knows... But this is for sure We have to close our ebay shop and will increase prices of Products....
i donot know what is the solution because we already have lots of headache like transit loss , buyers satisfaction otherwise they take refund immediately....damage in transit....which cause lots of loss for us...
rgds
handicrafts_store
Message 19 of 120
latest reply

indiainfotech1
Community Member
I think with this attitude in coming future of 3-5 Years Ebay will have no future. As new EShopping sites are coming with better value for money.

We wanted reduction in PaisaPay Charges and Final Value Fee.
But interestingly Like our Government they have acted like deaf and dumb.

I support all my seller in this issues. Its really pathetic attitude. I dont know where Ebay had losses so they increased the prices.

Also can they tell us any improvement in services including facilities for seller?

-Like are they ready to give Remittance Daily instead of 2 Days in a week.
-Have you think of imposing penalties on refunds where customer wants refund after order.
-There has been no increase in shipping charges. Why?
-No express Remittance for 50+ feedback seller. We have to also bag to ebay for this. Huh!!

I am going to close my shop its very bad experience with Ebay.
Message 20 of 120
latest reply