Pricing Changes on eBay India

Dear Community Members,

Together with you we have been pursuing the goal of growing the online shopping business in India. To do this we have been investing continuously, along with our seller-members, to achieve the common objective of buyer delight.

Changes in eBay Fees: Post discussions with our key sellers across categories and after understanding the commercial dynamics of the ‘supply-chain’ in various product categories, we have made changes to the eBay.in fee structure and these can be viewed on the announcement board.

We would be conducting an online workshop tomorrow from 4 to 5 PM on this thread & we encourage you attend this Workshop, or use our Customer Support Resources to help you understand the overall Fees changes.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Dear linusstudios,

Including the product cost in the listing is not a violation as per the policies, however in case we find any incorrect information in the listings, we will take the necessary action.

Regards
eBay Team
Message 111 of 120
latest reply

game4u_india
Community Member
hi,

I deal is consoles, games and accessories.

While the Video Games section is left untouched it still is pretty high imagine with margin 17-18%, 10.5%(PPF+FFV) is taken by ebay, buyers expect atleast a 5% off, what does that leave you with. Increasing this would make the business nonviable on ebay, especially when websites like flipkart are discounting 11-12% to customers

further another category is Video Game Consoles under consumer electronics which had a FFV of 1% and now 2% (i am not sure). Sony gives a 10% margin on consoles but actually that margin is 9.1% (because of VAT) Now from the current 6% your talking about going to 7.5%...Add about 1.5% shipping charge... what is the dealer left with.

The question is not about being competitive and offering a deal on ebay. its about offering the best in India on the internet. Flipkart is offering an 8% off on consoles on its website. with just 0.1% left how can you have a dealer offer a deal.
Message 112 of 120
latest reply

Dear esnstore,

We have noted your suggestion on creating a new category for Dietary Supplements. We will definitely look into implementing the same if feasible.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 113 of 120
latest reply

Team,
Who were the seller's agreed to it, hope it was not discussed with Reliance, Tata's or walmart?

Ebay was a selling place only for small time retailer's shop owners, college student to make extra money.

Ebay please understand this whole platform was created for small time seller and not for tata's and birla's.

Let me tell you as a seller, i earn peanuts inspite of putting so much efforts..

Do you think it's time to have a Seller's forum..?

Count me in the quit list soon 😞

Sorry ebay my survival is a problem with the increase price.

Hope the OSAMA of online buying platform ebay stop's this terrorist attack on sellers i mean it..
Message 114 of 120
latest reply

Dear soinno,

For most of the categories that you are currently selling in there has been no change in the Final Value Fees. We have consciously made efforts to retain the same pricing in the price sensitive categories.

We always encourage new sellers to come and sell on our site, and we do have specific plans for them which we shall announce shortly.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 115 of 120
latest reply

huzmanu
Community Member
i agree with most of the users...this not at all fair for small scale business men.the rise in ebay fees is hampering the growth of business. I hope ebay considers this and make some changes.Please.Thank You.Regards.
Message 116 of 120
latest reply

many.more.shoppe
Community Member
Due to Ebay fees changes. Many products we need to sell above MRP. Because these days Importers would not put more than 10% on their buying price as MRP to save taxes and importer will forward products to distributor and then to retailers.

And buyers will surely anoyyed or they will prefer buying from local market. This is going to be very big problem for selling products online.

Please consider fees change structure. Infact reduce it.

regards
Message 117 of 120
latest reply

karthickk4
Community Member
2rs insertion fee and 499 for basic store? its more costlier than offline store. Am paying 2000rs rent for 100sqft and no commission for landlords for number of products sold. Also no insertion fee for storing my products. I have 10000+ products at my offline store and sells atleast 100 products a day. I earn upto rs.1,50,000 a month just for Rs.2000rent and 900rs for electric.

In ebay, I have to pay more than sell. Consider me as a resigned seller.
Message 118 of 120
latest reply

Dear seemak@ebay.com

Store fees are jump to rs.499/- from Rs.299/-...Incredible!

If a seller is paying monthly 499/- for a Store on eBay along with Increased Final value fees, then naturally he would expect & try to enhance his selling on eBay.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SELLING LIMITS???
Most of the time eBay puts selling limitations on Seller as per Buyer feedback, that time Seller were unable to list or sell such items on eBay, specially for those items he sells most on eBay. This limitations may take upto 30-days. Means if any Seller comes under Selling limit for a month, then for that particular month he will not be able to sell his item, but need to pay Store Fess of Rs.499/-.......????? What about the buyers who puts Negative Feedback on Seller very intentionally??

Do you have any Resolution for that??
Somnath Mukhopadhyay
Somnath Mukhopadhyay
Message 119 of 120
latest reply

anoye
Community Member
We still believe that the listing fee in premium shop should be zero. As margin is quite less & if we do pay for every listing then we might save zero or a loss for ourselves. Premium shop price raised is understood but insertion fee is quite bad for a premium store. Rest increase in categories are OK including paisapay fees. That's revenue part we can understand. We were planning for a premium store but will have to drop our plan & switch to offline store for such increases. 😞
Message 120 of 120
latest reply