cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop to discuss long term implications of Feb 1st changes

sapanagupta_in1
Community Member
Dear Users,

Over the past few days we have received lot of feedback from our users regarding the 1st Feb changes. Some users are upset about some of the changes as they feel that their interest has not been taken care of. We would like to discuss with you the rationale and the impact of some of these changes. We would also like to share with you why we feel that these changes, in the long run, will be beneficial for our sellers, and our community.

In the workshop Baazee staff members from Category team and Community Development team will be present for one hour to answer all your queries LIVE!

In order to give in your suggestions, or to know what others think about this issue or just to say hello, do log on to the Baazee cafe on 9th February at 3 o clock .

To know more about the site changes, please visit:
http://www.baazee.com/static/BaazeeUpdate.html

See you on 9th at 3 o clock!

Warm Regards

Baazee Team
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

kalrasudhir
Community Member
Dear John,

The issue about fraudluent buyers are definetly an issue which effects all the sellers at some time othe other, our average Sales Completion ration is very low because of the non-serious attitude of the buyers.

This is something which in larger context can not be handled in a fail safe manner by baazee unless and until one resorts to legal action.

More important issue which baazee can and should address is about the points raised by various sellers at all the forums namely:

1) Relisting Count
2) Paisa Pay Surcharge
3) Cooling time between listing and it goig live
4) Fee structure

If these issue are sorted out it would be a big step forward for the seller and buyer community.

Regards

Sudhir Kalra
Message 21 of 44
latest reply

varmasanjay
Community Member
Hi QuicksilverVoHo,

We are here right now to answer questions from our users. John is in the process of replying to the questions asked by Buying_Reloaded and kalrasudhir.

At the same time, we would like to keep the cafe boards as a place where our users can interact with one another. We try to reply to issues affecting the community at large on the discussion boards. We request users having specific issues to please contact us using the Contact Us Wizard
http://www.baazee.com/customjsp/ContactUsWizard.jsp

We would like to have your feedback on this, and tips on how we can encourage more users like you to start interacting on the cafe boards.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjay
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Secondly, can you tell me the defination of AUCTION. If I have listed 5 products and the highest bidder is ready to pay more, why are we being forced to give him the product at the rate of the lowest winning bidder
Shabbir
Message 23 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
BuyingReloaded - We'll start with your points - all well thought out, I might add.

Fees...
Having spent much of my time here at eBay/Baazee working with high-ticket items, I understand the margin pinch you can experience... When margins get tight like this, the most successful sellers I have seen begin to look at product bundling as a way to manage margin. For example, include a high-margin component (a USB drive, say) with your laptop listings.

Relisting
Agree, this change will create more day-to-day engagement by the seller community in order to manage listings process. Today, the bulk-tool is the best way to manage this. Long term, there will be some fantastic tools like eBay's turbolister. One additional thought - if you are using the online sell form to list, you can open another browser to make creating another listing slightly easier.

There is one positive effect of this relist-effort: in the past many sellers posted many many items at high prices and auto-relisted over and over. Buyers had to search through all this in order to find better-priced, higher quality items such as yours. By limiting relist, we hope the site becomes more fresh, enabling truly serious sellers such as you to sell more. In essence true sellers such as yourself are getting better visiblity.

PaisaPay
Agree - this is another tough one. We have seen how online payments make buyers willing to pay MORE for an item. This said, indeed most sellers simply add the fee to their listing upfront. If you don't want to do this (and you want to share a discount with your buyers) you may want to offer paisapay on some items and not offer it on others which you list at a lower price. If you do this I suggest being VERY upfront with the buyer in your description that you don't offer Paisapay on that item.
Message 24 of 44
latest reply

giftsmarket_in1
Community Member
Sir,
Tell me the dates from which you will start reimposing the limit on the buyer so that we could be able to use your high price elevated listing.
GIFTSMARKET:-(
Message 25 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
Kalrasudhir-
Thanks for the note.. I think I hit most of your points in my note to Buyingreloaded...

Both you, buyingreloaded, and many others I know have expressed concern about the 48 hour delay in listings.

I hear your concern LOUD AND CLEAR and I really wish I had a tip for this one...

Reality is we are doing every thing we can to find a way to reduce this delay. We'll keep working at it untill we find a solution.
Message 26 of 44
latest reply

varmasanjay
Community Member
Hi giftsmarket,

As we are still working on developing the new features, it will be difficult for me to give an exact date on which these new features will come live. We shall communicate to our sellers in advance when we are closer to introducing these features.

Thanks,
Sanjay
Message 27 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
twinkle_star

The new type of multi-item auction is called "Dutch".

Indeed, it's REALLY different from the old multi-item format on baazee.

There's a long history in "dutch" auctions - where it has been a very powerful format for auctioning off a bulk-lot of liquidition or comoditiy items where the goal is to sell the whole lot. And the reality is, that dutch format works best in that context.

In retail or retail liquidation your goal is generally more to maximize return OVER selling the whole lot at one time. So I really think that single-item auctions are a better way to go. One reason, is that it forces all bidders to go head-to-head on one item at the same time, rather than distributing the demand across many items in the same auction.

Give single-item auctions a good try, and analyze your sales- my guess is that you'll see higher returns per item.
Message 28 of 44
latest reply

ristcomputers
Community Member
Hi,

Short and to the point

THE NEW BID INCREMNT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED INTO. IT IS ABSURD FOR EVEN ITEMS AROUND 1000/-

Best Regards

Rakesh Dogra
Message 29 of 44
latest reply

I quote John

I've been listening to all the recent activity on the cafe, and am happy that you are tuning in to this discussion.

No point listening John, time some action is seen

This is a bummer trip that we have been going thru.Unless Ebay respects the sentiments of Indians, this site will go nowhere.

Do you know that mt current listings are just 11 against the normal 152? And how would one buy a T-shirt on eBayzee now, without prompts ? it is ridiculous to remove prompts b4 attributes are introduced
Message 30 of 44
latest reply