cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop to discuss long term implications of Feb 1st changes

sapanagupta_in1
Community Member
Dear Users,

Over the past few days we have received lot of feedback from our users regarding the 1st Feb changes. Some users are upset about some of the changes as they feel that their interest has not been taken care of. We would like to discuss with you the rationale and the impact of some of these changes. We would also like to share with you why we feel that these changes, in the long run, will be beneficial for our sellers, and our community.

In the workshop Baazee staff members from Category team and Community Development team will be present for one hour to answer all your queries LIVE!

In order to give in your suggestions, or to know what others think about this issue or just to say hello, do log on to the Baazee cafe on 9th February at 3 o clock .

To know more about the site changes, please visit:
http://www.baazee.com/static/BaazeeUpdate.html

See you on 9th at 3 o clock!

Warm Regards

Baazee Team
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

sapanagupta_in1
Community Member
Greetings SAILAX,

Just wanted you to know that the problem has been solved.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. However now you can start listing your products successfully.

Warm Regards
Sapana
Message 11 of 44
latest reply

I think it would have been simple to set up a temporary chat room for this. Wud have made some sense in the intercation.

This way, Baazee can bullshit less
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

sapanagupta_in1
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

A very good afternoon to all and thanks for joining us in this online workshop.

First of all let me introduce John Anderson, Sr. Category Manager, and Sanjay Varma, Manager Community Development. John and Sanjay will be here for the next one hour to answer all your concerns and queries.

In the next one hour we will like to discuss with you some long term implications of the Feb 1st changes.

Please feel free to shoot all your questions at John and Sanjay, and make the most of this time.

Before we get started, I should also clarify a few things - Please keep in mind that we are expecting lot of questions today, so we will request you to please be patient with us when we're giving answers. If we do run out of time today, then please post your questions here and we can try and find an answer for you later or you may even be able to find your answer from another member!

Also, because of the public nature of the boards, we'll be unable to answer any questions regarding your personal account, or personal situations. If you require our assistance with a particular issue, you may contact Customer Support at service@baazee.com

This workshop will be archived and kept here so that if anybody has any query in future, they can refer to this workshop.

Ok, John and Sanjay are with us now, so I will let them take over. Lets start with the questions.

Regards
Sapana
Baazee Community Development
Message 13 of 44
latest reply

I'm waiting like a duck to be shot
Message 14 of 44
latest reply

My 1st ? is why no one from Baazee is answering the posers in the Cafe?
Message 15 of 44
latest reply

kalrasudhir
Community Member
The Paisa Pay Surcharge cannot be passed to the Buyer: Please try to understand that it is difficult for us sellers to increase the price of each item as then no one will buy from us as those who want to buy offline will feel that they are paying extra money. Also there are products like Mobile Phones, Sony Playstations and Laptops in which if a Buyer pays using Paisa Pay the surcharge is very high around Rs.500-Rs.1000. I am sure you too will agree that we cannot increase the price that much as that will also affect the offline Buyers.In the process they will not buy from us.At the Moment those who are paying online are comfortable paying the surcharge amount and it is totally a matter of choice for them. However with your new rule you are forcing the offline buyers to buy online or not buy at all. We have had Indian Buyers from USA buying Mobiles for their relatives in India using Credit Card and the surcharge they are paying is Rs.500-Rs.1000/- and it is out of there own choice. If we increase the price that much for this product then the other Buyers who find it cheaper to buy in the local markets will not buy from us. Hence serious thought has to be given to this new rule of yours.

2. Relist count reduced to 0: It will be very difficult for sellers to keep relisting the items. Even the scheduled listing is FREE only for 2 months after which you will charge us some fee.Also the new Bulk upload tool you have still not launched, the existing one does not have facility of cut-paste in item description 😉

3. Time taken for the listing to go live is 48 hours:
, it is incrdibly high, if one has to do some minor editing to already listed item it again goes into a sleep mode of 48 hours, many a times resulting into end of auction/liting time passing by while it is in sleep mode!!

3. The New FEES Structure: The 5% charge upto Rs.4000 and 2.5% charge on each rupee thereafter seems to be a welcome move. However what about High Value Products like Laptops costing Rs.50,000 and above? We are paying Rs.200 as 5% of Rs.4000/- and 2.5% of Rs.46000 will be Rs.1150 which means we will be paying total Rs.1350/- to Baazee on a Laptop worth Rs.50,000/-.This is just an example of the minimum as the price of laptops we are selling goes upto Rs.90,000- Rs.1,50,000. So you can calculate the fees accordingly. Do you think in todays competitive market we can afford to charge the Buyers such a huge margin? It will be difficult even if we reduce our own margins as we will be paying high Baazee fees. The Buyer would prefer buying from the local market in such a situation. I would like to know what you have to say on this issue.

Also all these extra fees will mean sellers will use less Enhanced Listings and in the process it will mean less sales for the sellers and Baazee.com.

I am a superseller on Baazee and selling on baazee.com for more than a year but Baazee has not bothered to reply to my earlier queries also.

Awaiting your constructive repsponse,

Regards,

Sudhir Kalra
baazee id: kalrasudhir
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

giftsmarket_in1
Community Member

I am having a problem with delimiting the limit previously kept on buying.
Yesterday One fraud buyer fraudulently purchased all my product from the
Elevated listing. id of the buyer is jasmine55

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=28626535

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Tr...

They buyer previously delisted the hotselling item of other seller and left
Negative feedback to seller Stylishgift

Following are the product OF the OTHER Seller this buyer closed with fraudulent buying

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=28632345

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=28630096

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=28625038

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Tr...

I spent about rs 150 for the elevated listing but I loose that money due to
such fraud buyer buying the whole product and fraudulently closing the elevated
listing.

Isn't
it right time to reimpose the limits on buyer.

If such type of fraud buyer simply play with the baazee
system and close the elevated listing I am in future could not be able to use
your high price elevated listing. Help us seller by reimposing the limit on
buyer

GIFTS MARKET

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
Greetings everyone - my name is John Anderson - I work with the category management team here at Baazee.

I've been listening to all the recent activity on the cafe, and am happy that you are tuning in to this discussion.

As Sapana mentioned - our goal is to discuss long-term implications of the Feb 1 changes. As such, I truly hope we can stay focused on higher-level seller strategies related to the changes.

With that, let's get started....
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

varmasanjay
Community Member
Hi giftsmarket,

Many sellers have pointed out the issue of fraud buyers to us over the past few days. We are working on addressing this issue. In this regard, I would request you to please check out the post I had made as regards this topic previously and give us your feedback.

http://forums.baazee.com/thread.jspa?threadID=100000365&tstart=0

Thanks,
Sanjay
Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Sir, Will you tell us how aperson selling the material on Auction will absorb those OBT and CC charges as he cannot increase the price in the listing.

Shabbir
Message 20 of 44
latest reply