cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retriving paid money from a fraud seller, IS IT POSSIBLE?

achint1x
Community Member
Hi there

gone thru several discussions regarding the way of retrieving the paid money in case of non-receipt of the item won and the summery is

1. call credit card co. to charge back the payment
2. file an item not received dispute to eBay

in my case my credit card co (SBI) informed they are unable to charge back the transaction and requested to contact eBay for solution. so only the second option is left.

today is the 9th day after I made the payment of Rs 4599.00 to a fraud seller (computermonitor4u, PaisaPay ID 16801357766)and he did not respond to any of my mails thru systems of eBay. why the cheated buyer has to wait 10 days before making a complaint, why not less than a week or else? I have read the suggested solutions for the problem posted by v_dsouza (4.4.06 to 21.4.06)and he was lucky becoz the seller communicated. But in my case the seller has vanished and yet AM I TO BELIEVE THAT PAISAPAY WILL PAY BACK ME??
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

techchase
Community Member
What was the reason given by SBI .. why cant they chargeback?

Regards
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

achint1x
Community Member
respected techchase
i initially made contact to sbi credit card help line and they informed me that there is a no way to charge back the amount i paid. but in reply to my email the authority has sent me a form entitled STATEMENT OF CARDMEMBER COMPLAINT. i shall try it first (shall fax/ post on Monday) and if the result comes negative i've to opt to file non-receipt dispute.
i'm a middle aged man with old values and rather shattered as a result of such an experience and hope the eBay members will excuse any bitter comment i made out of frustration.
regards
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

srimanselections
Community Member
had same expereance with me same seller for same product for same amount through same piasapay

it seams the frad seller is created by some of ebay
given worg address and worng phone no

e bay standerd purchage protection program is also not working

playing with members money

and ebay allowed the frad member to change his id

and given me +ve rating ang given message do want more bussiness with me with help of ebay(what a joke)

ebay is frad, piasapay is double frad,buyerprotection programe..
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

rishi_vrj
Community Member
had same expereance with me seller puneetjain129 for mobile phone purchased, amount paid rs12500/- through same piasapay
requested so many times to ebay authority to give me the details of the seller, like his address, bank a/c details in which the payment is credited by paisa pay. i am shocked when i got a reply that ebay authorities will not give me the details of this fraud who is no longer a registered ebay member. ebay is supporting the fraud seller and harassing innoent buyers. i asked for the registered office address and a senior authority's contact details, so that i can send him a written complaint regarding the issue. But, in reply, the representative has clearly refussed to give me any kinda detail. Now tell me where should i go and beg for my money back.

ebay is frad, piasapay is double frad,buyerprotection programe..
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi all,

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience on eBay. However, please allow me to assure you that eBay earnestly protects your purchases. The amount you pay via PaisaPay is protected upto 50,000.

We will request you to make sure that you send in the required documents as soon as possible, so as to facilitate the process. I hope your concerns are soon resolved. Do share your experience with us.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

snizhana76
Community Member
AS PER CREDIT CARD POLICY, SBI HAS NO RIGHT TO DENY YOU. CONTACT THEM ONCE AGAIN, THEY MUST FILE A CHARGEBACK.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply