USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Hello Friends

Here below some numbers if you need inquiry of your USPS Parcels at New Delhi Hope you problem solve with these numbers Below -:

New Delhi Custom Inquiry number 01123236739

01126140190 01126155835 DIMC NEW DELHI 37 Inquiry at New Delhi

01123235501 01123236734 01123233314 01123233325 Registered Parcel Inquiry of USPS at New Delhi

Cheersssssss
Message 61 of 117
latest reply

Hey Friends Below Address and Phone Numbers If Your USPS Parcels Did Not Arrive On Time With Any Other Problem Made By Indian Post Contact At Below Numbers And Visit At Providing Address To Get Information About Your Parcels Hope Your Problems Solve with These Address And Numbers......My Problem Is Solve i Visited At Foriegn Post Office New Delhi And Pay Duty Tax Of My HTC HD2 Phone With Strong Reason Why I Need My Parcel Urgently With ID Proof And Tracking Number Of USPS Then I Get My Parcel In My Hands......

New Delhi Custom Inquiry 01123236739

01126140190 01126155835 DIMC NEW DELHI 37 Inquiry

Dimc/1 Basant lok vasant vihar New Delhi 110057 Near Priya Cinema

01123235501 01123233314 01123233325 01126156732 Registared Parcel Inquiry New Delhi USPS

Foreign Post Department of Posts
2nd Floor
Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg Road Near Bal Bhawan
New Delhi
Contact Numbers 01123233325 01123235501

Cheersss
Message 62 of 117
latest reply

raksforever
Community Member
The process of USPS parcels sent to india:

1. Seller sends item to usps and generates a tracking No, EC123456789US. (TAT 2 DAYS)
2. Item gets processed through Sort facility at the USPS Office. (TAT 1 DAY)
3.International Dispatch. (TAT Same Day)
4. Arrival at Destination. (TAT 4 DAYS)
5. OUT OF CUSTOMS.(Same Day)(We have Customs in Mumbai - for south and central india & New Delhi - for North India.
6.Once it shows this Please visit INDIA POST WEBSITE and Click on IPS Tracking. It gives the exact time and date the item will be dispatched to the local Destination.
7. Reaches the FORIEGN POST OFFICE in the local City. (TAT 4 DAYS)
8.FORIEGN POST OFFICE sends for CUstoms Duty office located in the same building.(Same Day)
9. Once it reaches this point Please visit the Local Customs Office personally along with the INVOICE of Purchase of the ITEM and submit along with a letter stating the contents of the item in the parcel to the authorities.
10. Customs will include the Customs charge and clear the ITEM and send it to FORIEGN POST OFFICE. (TAT 1 DAY)
11. FORIEGN POST OFFICE will dispacht it to your nearest PARCEL POST OFFICE in your locality. (TAT 1 DAY)
12. Local Post Office postman comes home for delivery, collects the Customs charge and hands over the Parcel.(TAT 1 DAT)

This is the LIFE HISTORY of USPS Parcels delivery to INDIA. None of the Parcels will be lost but will be with the Customs. You have to go around their office atleast 3 - 4 times to clear your parcel. PLEASE KEEP CHECKING INDIA POST IPS WEB TRACKING for Updated information of your parcel.
Message 63 of 117
latest reply

akshitlive95
Community Member
I purchased an xbox from ebay.com on 21st november for delivery in new delhi.
My item reached india on 8th december and was sent to customs.
it has been 11 days now when it reached india and has not been delivered till now.
my usps tracking no. is CJ174946332US.(usps priority mail)
please help me.
Message 64 of 117
latest reply

raksforever
Community Member
all you have to do is visit the Local Foreign Post Office and provide them the EMS No. They will in turn provide a LOCAL NUMBER. Take this number to the customs officer located in the same building and he'll tell you how much duty is required to be paid to release it. Oblige for it and provide a letter for the same to them and in 3-4 days your doorstep postman will come and collect the duty and give you the parcel.
Message 65 of 117
latest reply

patrick_dey
Community Member
I live in Hyderabad and I ordered a health product worth Rs 5000 from the US on December 12, 2010. The USPS tracking number is CP676852203US. The USPS website shows that the item cleared customs in India at 12:21 pm on December 31, 2010. Twelve days later, I am yet to receive the item.

I called up Speed Post Helpline in Hyderabad. They say that no tracking is available for the item within India. I have tried to locate Foreign Post Office in Hyderabad through Google. No luck yet.
Message 66 of 117
latest reply

dinesh38sharma
Community Member
Hello,
I have purchsed two item with international Parcel code
1) CQ346745423US PURCHASED DATE 22 DEC2010(Rs 21000/-)
2) EM023806792KR DATED 28TH DEC (Rs 23000/-)

but till date i have not recieved any of avobe item

seller is telling the tiems are lying in the custom of your country.
Tell me how to get the item from the custom
Should I pay some bribe there. This is bad experience dealing with Ebay. Kindly guide me as it is very urgent.
Message 67 of 117
latest reply

ratheeshraghavan
Community Member
dinesh
go to http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/
put in the tracking no.(whatever it is tracking no, recipt no or so ) and there clearly reason for detention of ur articles will be specified.
Hope it helps
Message 68 of 117
latest reply

srijitbose1978
Community Member
some helpful things to do in tracking a USPS Parcel in India:
Enter your Tracking number here: this would give you the status withing India upto your local city IPO.
http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

How customs handle your package?
(Bangalore CUSTOMS)(should be specific sites for other cities too)
http://bangalorecustoms.gov.in/PAD.html
Message 69 of 117
latest reply

shashi.b007
Community Member
Hi All,

Even i had the same problem. I had ordered a iphone from US. It took 1 month to reach to my area post office. I had to visit the post office every week as once the iteam reaches india its very hard to trak. after a Month from shipping date the item has arrived to my area post office and i have collected it by paying 420 rs as Custom charge.
Message 70 of 117
latest reply