USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Hi Swarna,

How long did it take to receive your package? I ordered an battery for my phone. Do I have to contact Customs regarding it? Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Srikanth

Message 111 of 117
latest reply

Re: item shipped via USPS/ FEDEX to india. 

Guys a few points which I learnt: I have been receiving parcels from US VIA FEDEX / USPS almost every week. 

1. if you are shipping electronic or electronic related items - defnitely there is going to be a customs delay, customs charges (upto 35%) and sometimes long wait for upto 3 months. I have found the items damaged (appears to be trying to open) if its electronic. 

better not to ship - batteries consoles. 

2. I have never succeded in finding the right person in the customs to get any clue about my item or parcel

3. declaration is the key - if there is a proper invoice and bill - quicker delivery 

4. packaging should be adequate from the seller side - sometimes they (india customs) leave them in open sun and rain - when they reach you its beyond recongnition. 

5. CUSTOMS charges will be hand written on a piece of paper and pasted over your parcel and has to be paid in CASH to the post man or to the post office directly. Again no proper bill. 

Hope this gives some idea about the customs handling in INDIA. BUT 100% delivery.

Message 112 of 117
latest reply

people buy from abroad because of no availability in indian website or may be over priced

Message 113 of 117
latest reply

its really helpful, it tracks from usa to india,
Message 114 of 117
latest reply

Hi,

I have ordered perfume and after the item shipped something 2 to 3 weeks passed. and my courier is not trackable on USPS webiste and Indian Post website also. now i am from Ahmedabad so where should i go and whom should i contact for the custom duty payment? and that item will directly deliver to my home address or it stucks in customs?

Gentleman Please help me.

Message 115 of 117
latest reply

Hi Sir,

Did you recieve your shipment? If so, after how many days? What's the procedure involved?

Please guide us with your experience. I'm currently in the same situation as that of yours in the past. 

Thanks,

Soma Sekhar

Message 116 of 117
latest reply

fortumawue
Community Member
Hello,am expecting a package from usps with tracking no.LJ672939006US.
Order was placed on 9th December and the item as promised will be delivered between 17th December 2014 to 1st January,2015.
It's 3rd January,2015 today and still the package hasn't been delivered to me.....the tracking information is also stagnant,no new information is added....can i please know the cause for the delay....cus i need the product urgently...Tnx
Message 117 of 117
latest reply