USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Hello,

If it has been sent by USPS, it will be delivered by the postman. USPS - is United States Postal Service. If the product has been shipped using EMS - there will be a tracking no. and it can check it on the USPS webstie. (usps.com)

Track your consignment and see if it has arrived in India and your city.

If it is come via EMS, than Indian Speed Post also offering telphonic tracking of the parcel. You will have to contact the nearest speed post manager and they will track the parcel on the phone.

If it is coming by Ordinary Post, it simply a wait and watch. If the parcel does not come within 4 weeks, file a n INR with the seller and the seller can claim compensation from the post office and refund you your. amount.
Message 2 of 117
latest reply

abhishek_19
Community Member
i am facing a similar issue!

its been over 2 weeks it sent and still no clue of the parcel. so much so tat i have read a lot of blogs which says that USPS parcels are not trackable post entry to India (a big loop hole in their system) - so technically the tracking info may show delivered! and it cld have been delivered anywhere 😞 like someone rightly said - its a wait and watch! i am crossing my fingers. i think someone needs to let those USPS know that in todays world the slowest of all shipments take not more than 2 weeks anywhere in the world. also tracking without a confirmation or receievers signature makes no sense as technically it wil be deliverd but god knows when and where! - more so the USPS phone CSA interface and even their telecon staff is completely untrained and information less. i guess USPS is ok for US - fr the rest of the world its - RISK USPS
Message 3 of 117
latest reply

Hello,
If you provide EMS tracking/receipt number then probably we can help you.

Message 4 of 117
latest reply

jetsehgal1964
Community Member
Abhishek, did you finally got the parcel. It is the same situation for me. I haven't got the parcel sent through USPS which has cleared the customs on August 27. Some one else with the same experience and finally received the parcel.

Thanks,

Jet
Message 5 of 117
latest reply

dilipchaudhary
Community Member
According to a wiki website, USPS EMS passes your parcel to the following couriers for delivery to your door: Indiapost etc. Please see http://wiki.dealextreme.com/(S(pi1aptruxl5qqy4503sswi55))/Default.aspx?Page=EMS&Code=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Message 6 of 117
latest reply

rindu7
Community Member
THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH USPS BUT WITH INDIA POSTAL SERVICE. ITS A SLOWEST SERVICE IN WORLD. I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS IN SENDING USPS PARCELS TO UK OR JAPAN AND AUSTRALIA. I ADVICE YOU TO USE GLOBAL EXPRESS SERVICE OFFERED BY USPS OR FEDEX OR DHL IF SHIPPING ANY VALUABLE ITEMS.
Message 7 of 117
latest reply

starbuckscappucino
Community Member
Well,I have NO idea,I'm waiting for a shipment,as adversment says,home delivery. The only thing I know is that is has been cleared by customs in Mumbai,that's how far the information goes. I have NO clue who to contact,'cause USPS and sender are not anwering my questions. How can I find my items in Mumbai Harbour???
Clearance has been performed on the 9th of August,untill today,no note ,no letter, no tel nor information number that I can call.Wg-hat is this for a service?
karine
Message 8 of 117
latest reply

starbuckscappucino
Community Member
I don' think I will ever see my package arrive in Pune!
I've been calling USPS and the sender to find out where and with whom the package can be. NO one can give an answer. I asked USPS who their partner was in India: NO REPLY! I have NO idea where to look. Is it INdian SPEED??? Post or some one else...It's been almost 2 months now since the items arrived in India,and no sign of them...What do I do?
Kareena
Message 9 of 117
latest reply

Hello,

Please call on this number 022-26156152, give your airway bill number and you will get an answer within minutes. This is the number of SUPERINTENDENT SPEED POST CENTRE (Customs).

All USPS (United States Postal Service) parcel are shipped to India via Global EMS service. The Indian Speed Post is part of the EMS service and hence would be the deivering agency.

If you give me the airway bill number maybe I can help you.

Regards,

Devesh
Message 10 of 117
latest reply