USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

keepatpraveen
Community Member
Hello friends,

I also have a similar problem. My Tommy hilfiger Watch cleared the customs on June 12 when i checked in USPS tracking site. Further to that i dont have any idea, where is my watch .

My consignment number is CJ26 1153 717U S. Can any one help me to find where is the watch lying now.

I called the number 022-26156152,which is temporarily disconnected.
Message 21 of 117
latest reply

shawnabrol
Community Member
i purchased a Playstation 3 via ebay..the tracking site shows that it was internationally dispathed...... and further no clue where is it... i purchased it on 13th june...... nd it was dispathed on 22nd june.... nd now i dnt kno where is it?? nd it is used... plz let me know will i have to pay any duty on it?? nd when will it reach me?? nd who do i contact in india?
Message 22 of 117
latest reply

vikijn
Community Member
I am also one in the list to wait for courier from USPS. The tracking details are CJ26 3995 701U S. I have made the purchase on 12 june and it cleared customs on 22 june. But till now no sign of it getting delivered to me. I called 022-26156152 but they have asked me to dial 022-22611791 and no one answer the call here.

Neeed Urgent Help!! Can anyone suggest me what to do??????
Message 23 of 117
latest reply

dharamsa
Community Member
Hi,

I am yet another person who has not recieved his shipment,
its been a month or so.

I have a custom number, can someone please tell me how to track it at the USPS site?

Thanks a lot
Message 24 of 117
latest reply

shawnabrol
Community Member
can u please let me know that which custom number do have?? nd also what is the number??
Message 25 of 117
latest reply

prsbhu80
Community Member
Hello Everyone,
It is indeed sad to read soo many issues about delivery of products sent via USPS to India. Sadly I'm the newest victim of the same. This is my first transaction from US and hence did not know it is second to impossible to receive parcel from US.
Can some one help me with the correct information, as who will be the correct authority to contact for shipment delivery in India. My item has cleared from Customs Office in India, however still not reached at the final destination. It needs to delivered in Pune.
Any small info to track the item would help a lot. Many thanks in advance.
Cheers...
Message 26 of 117
latest reply

hvmodi
Community Member
Hello,

Is there any progress on the USPS shipping front??

I have tried calling all these numbers, but have not spoken to any human being on the other end yet. Same deal with me. It says it got through customs on July 22. It's Aug 7 today, so it shouldn't take more than 20 days from the port to Kolkata.

Thanks.
Message 27 of 117
latest reply

psych0hans
Community Member
From what I've heard USPS is quiet bad within itself, so dont expect too much from it outside of the US either. I'm gonna wait & watch...
Message 28 of 117
latest reply

avrozneely
Community Member
I sent an package from Rosenberg,TX,USA on Oct 5. it been now more than 20 days and my package has not yet been delivered to mumbai,india.
please help me out.
when ever i tracked it shows that it has left rosenberg.
my tracking - CP25 8844 315U S
Message 29 of 117
latest reply

e_baymall
Community Member
Please send an e-mail to our Customer Service Officers for further assistance. For Speed Post within India, email to speedpost@indiapost.gov.in and for International Speed Post, email to ems@indiapost.gov.in . Alternatively, you may wish to call our Customer Service Hotline : Delhi 1800-11-9888 (toll-free line), Mumbai 022 2615 6125, Chennai 044 2829 2001, Kolkata 033 2212 0476 , Bangalore 080 2286 7302 Hyderabad 040 2346 3922 , Ahmedabad 1800 233 7999 , Pune 020 2612 1570 or call your nearest Speed Post Centre (Telephone numbers are available at www.indiapost.gov.in/SpcDetails/Managers.aspx )
Message 30 of 117
latest reply